You are all pioneers of the Age of Mortals. You survived the War of Souls and some may have even dealt with Chaos. Regardless, your name most likely brings recognition and respect. What also makes you remarkable is that you have all received a missive, or rather, found it in your belongings one morning.
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?Dragonlance Campaign Setting, although it's more of a canvas.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?Up to six.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Right here on the lovely forums.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?13th level.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?Standard WBL 110,000gp
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Anything is good but run it by me first if it's not Dragonlance of core. If I don't have access to it or know it well enough it may be a "no."
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Anything, and I mean anything is good as long as it's flavorful and you can explain it.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?34 point buy or 5d6b3 seven times.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Anything is fine as long as you can work as a team.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? No penalty.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?Use the forum rollers.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. Hide and Move Silently are combined into Stealth, Spot and Listen are now perception. Also, when the War of Souls ended, Krynn was locked off from the planar cosmology, meaning spells like plane shift and dimension door do not function.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Yes, you're 13th level, I want to know about your character, what they've done, who they know, what makes them special. Not too long tho.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Mostly the first two with a nice dash of puzzle solving.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Check anything non-core or Dragonlance with me first, this applies to homebrew as well.