vB Code Test Page
Mark Forums Read
Point Buy Calculator
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Legends of the Gods
Legends of the Gods
Nate the Great
Apr 28 '11
Sep 22 '11 at 6:16pm
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Recruiting for Legends of the Gods
Recruiting for a LN deity
You are the greatest people of your type, surpassing those of lesser ability to the point of being able to swat dragons out of the air, have monstrous leviathans for sushi, and make balors cower in fear of your awesome might. But, as was pounded into all of your heads when you were young, there is always,
someone more powerful than yourself. You are, as they say, gods among men. But they, and you, didn't know how true that statement was. You have gone out your whole life being better, more powerful, more adept at everything you've ever done, to the extent of surpassing all of your teachers at every turn. You have never met anyone quite like yourselves, except each other. You've met in passing, always knowing that there was something different about each other, some kind of kinship between you, though you could never figure out why. You may have adventured with each other from time to time, always expecting the same old doldrum of other adventurers, but with these people, these people could always keep up with you. You never stayed around each other for too long, always wanting to out-do the other, always wanting to get better at your specialities. Every so often, throughout each of your lives, you have always heard a light laughter on the wind, or a mad howling, something to show you that there was always something watching what you did, watching your progress. Nowadays, you jsut go around, doing whatever it is that you do best, whether that's being the head of a church, leader of a cabal of sorcerers, being a master thief that all city guards pay you to stay away(even though you rob them blind anyway), or a combatant in any arena around, proving that your better than everyone else.
But one day, you wake up to find yourselves trapped. No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you bash the walls with your mighty fists and weapons, no matter what matter of spells you use, you can't get out. you find yourselves in individual 'cells', with luxurius acoutrements, each room tailored specifically to its occupant.
After you have tired from your toils, you realize that there is a note on each of your beds, each saying, 'Knock, and it shall be opened unto you'.
You then notice a door in each of your rooms, where there were none before....
Your characters are Gods in the Material Plane. You don't know that you are, you just know that you are some of the baddest mo fo's around, and you havent realised that you ascended. Your here to live out your lives. But one day, a True God, the ones that know they are, and have risen fully to their station, of your alignment has come to you, and offered you a chance to take their place on the Pantheon of the Gods. They have gotten tired of this existence, and are choosing replacements because they themselves want to live as mortals for a few generations. But, in order to get this station, they have to prove themselves. There is no telling how long it will take for the characters to do so, whether it be in one minute, or in a hundred years. Its up to each individual God to choose when your character gets their station, and if you dint want their particular station, you can make your own, as long as you stand for what they stood for, even a little bit.
Base Races and Subraces (nothing truly outlandish or stupid), plus 1 Template, Ignore level adjustments for these two.
* Characters start at level 40, and yes, using epic rulebook here
* All Abilities start at 10, then racial mods, then my own version of a point buy system: 40 pts to use, point by point basis, as in going from 18 to 19 is only 1 pt used, and you can use common sense for that. Then the 10 ability points you have from being the level you are. Then any ability increses from classes that there are(I know there is some classes that do that)
* After all of that is done, using the Deities and Demigods book, we will be using another customized ruling for Divine ranks: You have half as many Divine Ranks as you do levels. This counts for future levels as well.
* HP will be max at each level thru creation. Retroactive Con bonuses, just like skill points.
* Retroactive skill points, meaning, when deciding your skill points, use level 40. int score + lvl 40 score x 4 once(1).
* Wealth: Going with an even 14,000,000
* Allowing up to 2 Keen type abilities and/or feats to be used on a single weapon at a time.
* If you can come up with a unique item, or set of items, using the rules from the books, and run them by me, there is a high chance of you getting them. I reward creativity.
* Please limit your portfolios to under ten(10) things, and they need to all be related somehow.
* I reserve the right to change, alter, eradicate, create, dismember, and put back together these rules on a case by case, situational basis as the game goes on.
Anything you can find easily online, that I can find myself without paying for it, plus these books which i already have:
Arms and Equipment Guide
Book of Challenges: Dungeon Rooms, Puzzles, and Traps
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Defenders of the Faith
Deities and Demigods - This is going to ba the main focus for this.
Drow of the Underdark
Dungeon Masters Guide
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Enemies and Allies
Epic Level Handbook
Faiths and Pantheons
Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells
Frostburn: Mastering the Perils of Ice and Snow
Hero Builder's Guidebook
Heroes of Battle
Heroes of Horror
Lords of Madness
Magic Item Compendium
Magic of Incarnum
Manual of the Planes
Masters of the Wild
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual III
Monster Manual IV
Monster Manual V
Players Handbook II
Races of Destiny
Races of Stone
Races of the Dragon
Races of the Wild
Song and Silence
Stronghold Builders Guidebook
Sword and Fist
Tome and Blood
Tome of Battle
Tome of Magic
Weapons of Legacy
any websites you can add.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.