Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Mynd's Eye- Recruiting Bilge Rats (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=103373)

Ramael Jul 30 '10 6:36pm

Mynd's Eye- Recruiting Bilge Rats

Now I'm assuming you have a few questions, and I will do best to answer.

Q- Mynd's Eye... but you're not Roi?!
A- No, no I'm not. However, he trusts me enough to allow to co-DM my own game in his world.

Q- Bronoft... I thought it took place in Norreth?
A- Norreth is but a city in a not entirely completed world. Bronoft is a city of my own design that Roi allowed me to place in his world.

Q- Why are you still talking?
A- Actually, I'm typing, but good point, so here's the fluff.

http://th05.deviantart.net/images/PR...fron_Skies.jpg

Whispers fill the streets and every corner of the city. Have you 'eard? Some captain is taking on a crew. For what? No one knows... Rumors say he'll take anyone. But I figure 'e can't be to picky, since most of crews die... What you didn't know? 'E supposedly killed some massive beast. Took six crews until 'e successfully killed it. Is 'e hunting monsters now? I unno. Might be. Word is 'e's got plans for bigger game.

You are a denizen of Bronoft, home to the filthiest filth in the world. Everything here revolves around profit, and not the kind that is obtained legally. Here crime is law.
You have heard rumors circulating of a crazed pirate captain searching for workers to man his ship. The pay promises to be very very good. He cares not whether you are trained in the sailing of ship or not, he just needs a crew.
You have answered his call.

Ok so here's the deal. I need a crew for a seafaring adventure in a homebrew campaign. I don't want umpteen million characters that are experienced sailors. You can come from all walks of life, and for whatever reason you have decided to sign up with said captain.
Also with the flavor of the city, I would prefer no lawful good characters (as such characters would be strung up in Bronoft).

What I do want:
Right now:
An amazing fluffy application posted in apllication thread under Ramael's game. Tell me your story. Tell me base build plans. The real crunch can be handled later.

What I want eventually:
Lvl 4 Character, Point Buy (not saying how many to prevent sheet building), Any WotC book (page and reference please), any other source on a case by case basis.
Please ask no crunch questions now

I don't know how long I plan on keeping this ad open, and I haven't decided how many players I'll be taking. It all depends on how many good apps I get.

We will be starting with a somewhat guided adventure, however your character will extend into the sandbox world and will continue until you decide to not play anymore. I am basically setting up a side campaign that revolves around Norreth's shady sister port.

If you need any other info from me, please ask. I love answering questions =D
(Also, this is my first PbP recruitment thingy so I'm sorry for it being a mess.)

balistafreak Jul 30 '10 7:04pm

Might have to get in on this... I'm running out of character concepts, though. And I'd like to be able to maintain my games when school starts. :/

Let's see, I'm already playing a Dragonfire Adept all-rounder and a Totemist DPS (DPR? whatever). I have applications pending for a Cloistered Cleric and a Wilder/Crusader duo (Thrallherd YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR). I'm not running an arcane caster...

It's from another forum, but I think "The Big 16" is a great start for PbP ads:

Some of the 16 can be trimmed easily, given the position of the ad, but there's some good questions in there. The question of WBL, for example. (A character blinging magic items is far different from down-on-his-luck poor man.)

Arceius Jul 30 '10 7:09pm

Well this looks like fun. I'd be willing to join, if'n you'd have me. I have a Master(ish) Thief Factotum, Bryle Mortimus, that's ready to go. Where do we post applications?

Ramael Jul 30 '10 7:20pm

you can post here for now if ya like.

Basil_Bottletop Jul 30 '10 7:20pm

What about Roi's game would be necessary information for this game?

Ramael Jul 30 '10 7:22pm

none. It takes place in a different town with very little crossover.

Roi Jul 30 '10 7:23pm

balista, what about a really charismatic warlock?
Or just a gimped wizzy :p

Basil_Bottletop Jul 30 '10 7:29pm

Sorry, I should have been a bit more precise in my questioning. Is there anything about the world in which Roi has created that we should be aware of? Racial relationships, non-existent 'D&D norms', etc...

Also, are there any house-rules that we should be aware of?

Ramael Jul 30 '10 8:21pm

There are no racial concerns to be aware of. Bronoft is a hive of festering waste. Think of it like Tortuga in PotC It is the best place for anyone with a need to hide. Even Norreth is very racially tolerant. I'm going to make the ruling that your characters are really only familiar with your immediate world. You know Bronoft as you have lived there. You may know Norreth if you ran from there.
Check out the forums. There is information about the locations there. In the meantime, anyone wishing to do something more grandiose let me know and I will get you as much information as I can.
Also there are minor tensions between Norreth and a growing army of kobolds. Norreth holds no animosity against kobolds in general, just the ones that attack.

Maltus Jul 30 '10 8:34pm

Placing interest here. And I'm spinning a tale as we speak.