Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Turning Tides: Adventures in the City on Water [3e] (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=105021)

Azerian Kelimon Aug 16 '10 6:23am

Turning Tides: Adventures in the City on Water [3e]

Applications so far (See below for the game description):

The list so far:
Terra Firma. Player: Maceo. Last Edit Checked: Aug 18 '10 at 8:52pm. Status: Complete.
Great Grimaldi. Player: Eternal. Last Edit Checked: Aug 24 '10 at 3:59am. Status: Complete.
Elijah Austin. Player: Shazam. Last Edit Checked: Aug 18 '10 at 6:55pm. Status: Complete.
Archive. Player: Pundemic. Last Edit Checked: Aug 26 '10 at 7:15am. Status: Complete.
Ouroboros. Player: vingolf. Last Edit Checked: Aug 17 '10 at 9:10pm. Status: Complete.
Guardian. Player: Mick the Rogue. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 11:01pm. Status: Complete.
Patrick Sanders. Player: Kaitou Kage. Last Edit Checked: Aug 21 '10 at 11:46am. Status: Missing appearance.
Jasmine DeLuca. Player: Selene. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 3:53am. Status: Complete.
Meteorknight. Player: Hardwire. Last Edit Checked: Aug 21 '10 at 11:29am. Status: Complete.
Shadowthurge. Player: Drakos. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 1:26am. Status: Missing Lots of fluff.
Remix. Player: Mask_De_H. Last Edit Checked: Aug 22 '10 at 10:59am. Status: Missing Everything.
Matters of Fact. Player: Eldritch_Myrmidon. Last Edit Checked: Aug 22 '10 at 1:53pm. Status: Missing Background.
Blackout. Player: glacier. Last Edit Checked: Aug 25 '10 at 4:12pm. Status: Complete.

Please tell us if we're missing your app or if the one linked isn't the correct/last updated version. Also, if you edit the app itself (as opposed to just the sheet), please inform us so we can check it again.
I'd also appreciate if you keep your app in the same post. Makes it easier to locate later.

Selene Aug 16 '10 6:42am

I have been watching the planning thread from the beginning and anticipate submitting an application. I currently have a telekinetic submitted for another game so I will endeavor to do something other than a psychic; possibly a brick or phaser [a-la kitty]. I also have a concept for a character with no powers of her own but can boost the powers of those around her, but that wouldnt work too well with the mnm power level cap system.

Azerian Kelimon Aug 16 '10 6:52am

It could, actually, if you're willing to be almost all buffing and very little in the way of solo skills. As I recall there was this very interesting structure that made you require a proxy to use your powers for you in 2e. You could combine that with a variable power or a few well defined smaller powers to grant interesting boosts, such as providing an attack shifted power for a brick.

PS: BTW, since I skipped over this in the ad...if anyone wants more info on the City on Water -who's who, locations, etc. etc. etc., feel free to ask.

Buscadera Aug 16 '10 9:35am

I'd be very interested. I'll get to work on a character ASAP!

Edit: I'm thinking about a pseudo-alchemist who can transform his body into a few different forms (Alternate Form: Metal, Gas, Water, Sand and Philosopher's Stone are all I'm thinking about starting with). Either that or something along the lines of one of my favorite recent superheroes, Iron Patriot (a lower-tier superhuman backed-up by technology). How does that sound?

Selene Aug 16 '10 10:29am

nah, I was thinking more along the lines of boosting peoples current powers, but that would probably nececitate the power to temporarily raise the power level caps of the game which I doubt would fly.

Illien Aug 16 '10 11:09am

It's easier to grant new powers than to boost existing ones. Albeit you could add extras (area or impervious, for example), or extra effects as linked powers.
You should also remember that you can always do team/aid attacks and use power-boosting as descriptor, or even use luck control with power boosting as descriptor (botching foe's toughness rolls or granting allies attack rerolls is pretty much empowering them).

And ofc, there's always leadership and healing.

Selene Aug 16 '10 11:43am

hmm. I'll play around with the concept a bit more and see if something comes together =)

Maceo Aug 16 '10 1:37pm

I'd love to play! Don't know how I missed the polling thread.

Oh, Selene, I've played boosters with no powers of their own before. It was... less than fun.

Drakos Aug 16 '10 2:10pm

Cool, another chance to try my hand at 3e. I'm interested and will get started on a submission.

Currently looking into a teleporting Martial artist ala; Nightcrawler, but I'm thinking of throwing in a bit of a twist, I was thinking of a Reflex Memory like Ronin or Taskmaster.

Maceo Aug 16 '10 7:18pm

Terra Firma