Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Villanous Ambitions (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=111017)

Lord_Raven88 Oct 15 '10 2:43am

Villanous Ambitions

I'm looking to run a solo game for an aspiring villianous character.

[Closed to NEW Applications]

ChaosHarbinger Oct 15 '10 3:07am

Well then, assuming that this villain character is starting out at Effective Class Level 1 (plus LA, plus racial HD for monster/monstrous characters), what sort of limitations are we really looking at here? Would you, for example, look equally upon an Illithid, an Aboleth, a Dragon, a Rakshasa and a Phaerrim if such applications were provided, or would you much rather stick with the more pure types - a Minotaur, an Ogre, an Ettin and a Wemic for example?

I'm also quite happy to run a solo villainous adventure for you in turn, by the way.

Aragorn Oct 15 '10 3:13am

So to clarify, you want lower levels but its up to us??

Lord_Raven88 Oct 15 '10 3:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosHarbinger (Post 3678349)
Well then, assuming that this villain character is starting out at Effective Class Level 1 (plus LA, plus racial HD for monster/monstrous characters), what sort of limitations are we really looking at here? Would you, for example, look equally upon an Illithid, an Aboleth, a Dragon, a Rakshasa and a Phaerrim if such applications were provided, or would you much rather stick with the more pure types - a Minotaur, an Ogre, an Ettin and a Wemic for example?

I'm also quite happy to run a solo villainous adventure for you in turn, by the way.

Any of your above examples would be fine! I'm going to be largely ignoring levels, ECL's and CR, so don't get bogged down with that stuff.

You can go any race you want, but I'd prefer it if you don't have too many levels. So if you want to play an Illithid / Wizard 3 then that would be fine. As would an adult red dragon, or even a young juvenile dragon.

What I'm not interested in would be a Kobold / Sorcerer 20. I'm interested in telling the story of the rise of a villain, not somewhat already at the peak of their abilities.

All this being said, I'm open to suggestions, so get your creative juices flowing. I once had the idea of playing a mid level Psion who was an old man. The reality of his mortal frailties pushed him towards seeking out alternative (aka evil) methods to extend his life. This type of character would also be suitable, as the story and motivations are of greater importance, than the level.

Genuine Oct 15 '10 3:39am

Hmmm... I've got some thoughts. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I'm guessing that what you mean is we can pick a level and power up to us, but you'd like to see some monsters who's HD and LA ordinarily make them unappealing for PCs, yes?

ChaosHarbinger Oct 15 '10 3:45am

I see. Well then, seeing as how LordBelial appears to have decided against starting his advanced monstrous campaign, I'll simply rework my application from that and build up to the character I am thinking it is increasingly unlikely I will actually play in that game.

EvilWalks Oct 15 '10 4:06am

Name Sophi Angelkiller
Race Half-Human/Half-Fiend (Devil or Daemon) (alternatively Tiefling works too)
Class Rogue / (something warrior-ish, like fighter, swashbuckler, or ranger, etc)
Gender Female
Alignment Neutral Evil

Aragorn Oct 15 '10 4:08am

No gestalt charectors? Cuz a hexblade/Dread necro would be rockin.

As for dread necro, can we go with necropolitan with the crafter having a bunch of undead boosting feats? (corpsecrafter tree)?

Lord_Raven88 Oct 15 '10 4:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genuine (Post 3678465)
Hmmm... I've got some thoughts. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I'm guessing that what you mean is we can pick a level and power up to us, but you'd like to see some monsters who's HD and LA ordinarily make them unappealing for PCs, yes?

You can end up and whatever level you desire, assuming to survive to get there. You can even aim for epic levels or to become a deity if you really want. The game will be about having/developing an evil goal, that will have an impact on those around you.

As the game will be resolved in Acts, you'll be able to level your character up a bit for the next Act (major goal) as outlined below.

ChaosHarbinger Oct 15 '10 4:24am

URLAGHAST THE UNCLEAN
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...4e_aboleth.jpg