Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   Part 1: Cato Neimoidia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=129567)

freeclint Apr 26 '11 5:07pm

Part 1: Cato Neimoidia

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE

Episode II

A WRETCHED HIVE

Between the stars in the blackness of space, the Nebulon-A frigate Resurgence floats silently away from the prying eyes of the Empire.

Meanwhile, the galaxy continues to sink further into darkness. Each day, remnants of the Old Republic are crushed and a New Order is more firmly established.

Former Imperial Admiral Gilder Varth has provided Alderaanian agents
with vital information on secret projects, and even now events are in motion
to reveal the Empire’s misdeeds to the galaxy . . .

freeclint Apr 26 '11 8:15pm

PCs presentHopla (zabrak)
Harrot (ubese)
IG-198 (droid)
Khen (jawa)
Tavitha (human)
Ereth (spiner)
NPCs presentAdmiral Gilder Varth (ex-Imperial)
R2-B8 (astromech droid)

The briefing room aboard the Resurgence is clean and white, with several benches wrapping smoothly around a holographic projector seated on a raised dais in the center of the room. The projector springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs. With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder Varth begins to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/v...1268440005.jpgAdmiral Gilder Varth

“Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability,” he says, “I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me, I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources to the project. Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings; casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis."

“Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However, during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to the project."

“One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items being traded were not specified, but physical resources were definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only lead we have."

“Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as my agents. We need you to travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project.”

justin_elliott May 26 '11 10:02pm

IG-198 computes its options - which are limited. "If the payment is the same as the last mission, then I will agree to to take part in this one."

Hopla Jocha May 26 '11 10:39pm

Hopla is unhappy that Ivar has left the group. The Corellan is a good fighter and jedi. And deep down, he knows the man was at least partly right--Hopla has brought something of the darkside from Felucia.

Chimaera May 27 '11 8:28am

Harrot, who had insisted on carrying his firearm literally everywhere, spoke up at the briefing. "The Hutts do not trade information cheaply," he insisted. "And Imperial secrets sound expensive. What is Darga's trade?"

freeclint May 27 '11 2:20pm

Admiral Varth stands uncomfortably in front of you, tugging at the neckline of his Alderaanian officers uniform, seemingly uncomfortable with its neckline. He looks at the droid, and nods, "In exchange for your assistance, Captain Verana has authorized me to pay each of you a modest sum that exceeds your previous payment." He directs his gaze to the ubese, his former cell-mate, however briefly, "I could not tell exactly what the Hutt dealt in from what came across my desk. From what we've learned he deals in the normal Hutt criminalities. He is somewhat known for slaves and gladiatorial bouts. His gladiators have some renown from what I've gathered. The Iron Ring slavers seem to be attached Darga as well. I know that isn't much, but it's what I've been able to find in the last week." The admiral still stands straight and formal, all business despite the obvious discomfort with his attire.

I've added in R2-B8 to the briefing as well, since he hangs out with you guys.
ooc

Hopla Jocha May 27 '11 5:37pm

Hopla nods to R5. He says to the assembled group, "We can approach the Hutt openly and bargain for what we need, or we can try to infiltrate. If we openly bargain, we run the risk the Hutt will lie, or even betray us to the Empire.

"Perhaps we can pose as sellers or buyers of gladiators. It could provide a reason to make contact."

Ereth Izon May 27 '11 9:59pm

Ereth Izon is still feeling a little out of sorts from the hibernation sickness, and has spent the last several days trying to familiarize himself with events that have occurred while he was in hibernation.

"I have no love of the Empire. If this mission stands to hurt them, then count me in." says the quill covered Spiner.

Flea May 28 '11 5:29pm

Khen sits there with his elbow on the table and his head in his hand. An obvious depression seems to have set in with the little jawa who barely seems to be paying attention. He just seems to be staring off at nothing in particular.

SEAL Point Sniper May 28 '11 7:47pm

Tavitha sat quietly, her thoughts on the situation were varied. It was obvious to anyone watching her that there was something that she was trying to connect in her head, but she obviously wasn't voicing it.