Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Sunless Souls (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2852)
-   -   Brindinford (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=144471)

Random Sep 10 '11 3:59am

Brindinford
 
You work your way north, along the base of the western slopes of the Lortmils through Gran March. Once reaching Pellak you turn east to cross Veluna and the mighty Velverdyva. Summer wanes as you travel and the trees turn to fiery hues as the air cools day by day.

A few days after fording the Velverdyva you come to the headwaters of the Att and approach Brindinford.

The town of Brindinford occupies a low hill beside the Att River. Crenelated stone walls, interrupted by tall watchtowers, surround the buildings, but the life of the town spills beyond its walls today. Colorful carts and wagons, flags and ribbons, and people of all sorts line the road for 100 yards beyond the gate. Dozens of halflings in bright colored costumes are directing most activities. A busy, lively hum of noise rises from the fair, and the smells of roasting meats, exotic spices, and cut flowers fill the air.

Near the gates, the movement of the throng of people making their way inside the walls slows to a crawl. Four town guards, wearing bright red tabards, give each visitor a careful look, though they seem relaxed and friendly. The guards can be seen peace-bonding weapons.


OOC: This is an event based adventure. There are tactical maps but the actions you take in this one affect the series of events. I'm not going to bother with details on the town as there is a large festival going on that throws all the normal stats out the window. There is a 5,000 GP limit on single items available and prices are different in various neighborhoods.

bzipser Sep 12 '11 3:14pm

Daphne skips excitedly at the sight of the festival. "I can't wait! Markis, we need to get those last items idenfitfied and sold so we have the chance to buy things here. I want to know how much I can spend!"

mzipser Sep 12 '11 6:22pm

As they enter the town and the guards peace-bond his weapon, Arzag grumbles under his breath but causes no trouble.

leons1701 Sep 13 '11 5:08am

Burin casts a surly glare at the guards but submits to having his weapons bound with no more trouble.

Random Sep 14 '11 3:35am

Swords are bound to their scabbards with thick leather straps. Axes and hammers are bagged in a thick leather pouch and solidly strapped shut. Quivers and bolt cases are secured closed.

Arzag is recognized as a cleric of Moradin and welcomed, though his holy symbol is fastened securely to his belt.

Markis is asked politely if he is a spell caster. Assuming he answers honestly, he is given two leather thongs that are to be wrapped around his middle and rings fingers and another that is to be used to tie his component pouch securely shut. The guards explain this is all for 'the mutual enjoyment and safety of those attending'.

OOCThis is all very common in larger cities and especially at festivals. Attacks with peace bonded weapons are at -2 to attack and damage. Spells with somatic or material components or requiring a divine focus can not be cast while bonded. Freeing any of the bonded items is a full round action that provokes.

Gaining entry to Brindinford peaceably is an EL2 encounter! History thread updated.

Congratulations Burin and Arzag!


The streets of Brindinford bustle with activity as the fair engulfs the main street through town. The main street—none too wide in the first place—is narrowed further by the carts and booths lining its sides. Fortunately, wagons are barred, but pedestrians clog the road effectively enough. Artisans, entertainers, and merchants staff the fair booths, calling to potential customers and trumpeting their wares.

Above it all, two notable features define the town’s landscape. A walled keep crowns the hill at the western end of the town, and in the center of town a huge bell tower stands like a sentry.

bloodrever Sep 17 '11 5:07pm

Markis does not like the bonding to his fingers but he puts up with it.

He tells Daphne, Well I can take care of that but I will need some pearls to cast the spell. So we will need to buy those first before we can finish organizing our spoils.

Random Sep 27 '11 3:58am

The fair stretches from Eastgate, where you entered, to the center of town and beyond. The main activity is confined to the main street, though a few shops and taverns extend the celebration a short distance into the side streets.

The area you arrive in is teeming with lively entertainment. The noise level is quite loud with minstrels, comedians, poets, and actors all competing to be heard. Artisans and merchants hawk their wares loudly. The qualities of their work varies, but in general seems to increase as you get nearer to the center of town.

The smells of roasting meats and freshly baked pastries are thick in the air. Fresh produce stands abound as do many locations where one can quench his thirst.

Suddenly, a shout from the middle of the busy fair spreads into an expanding ripple of cries and screams, accompanied by loud crashes that sound like carts and booths being overturned. These ripples of sound immediately transform into a wave of people, as bystanders try to escape whatever is wreaking havoc behind them.

Initiatives all around

Disturbance is
Dice Roll: 1d12*10+30z
d12 Results: 7 (Total = 100)
(100) feet ahead.

mzipser Sep 27 '11 4:18am

Arzag Init
Init:
Dice Roll:
1d20
d20 Results: 20

leons1701 Sep 27 '11 5:27am

Burin's eyebrows shoot up as he turns his head in the direction of the disturbance. Hey, something interesting!

init:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 2)

bzipser Sep 27 '11 2:02pm

init:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 23)

Daphne's tiny body has no chance of seeing the excitement over the much taller crowd, so she starts squirming through the bodies to get closer to the excitement.

"Come on! Something's happening!" she calls as she twists and ducks through the shoving fairgoers, alert to grabbing a loose pastry if the opportunity presents itself.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 7:00am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.