Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   Eduardaro's Edicts of Eros (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=152031)

DannoE Nov 24 '11 10:27am

Eduardaro's Edicts of Eros

Sing it, brother! Sing it!

HFLep Nov 24 '11 2:39pm

He's not that kind of bard. I also still have to pick some rituals. I'll fill it on my sheet today.

DannoE Nov 24 '11 4:29pm

No worries. I'm still sort of filibustering in the Main Thread. I've still got lots to do; it just seemed like folks were eager to start, so I put up something for them to do.

DannoE Nov 24 '11 8:35pm

Hey HFLep,

I think you're missing the Lvl 2 +1 to ATKs and Damage on your sheet.

HFLep Nov 25 '11 12:24am

Good catch. I'll add it on.

DannoE Dec 18 '11 8:21pm

Hey HFLep, just to be clear... I'm not sure you guys were gonna get out of this room without a fight. I mean, I'm not saying it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to talk these guys out of what they were planning, but it certainly wasn't going to be easy.

What I'm trying to do here is to establish the Urbasanos--your keepers--as your enemies. They're not your friends; they're not your bosses. In the last scene, I'd expected you guys to realize that you were alone with Modor and just a few of his goons, and then take the opportunity to murder him quietly. When that didn't happen, I was stuck trying to figure out a way to establish this same idea--that sometimes you might HAVE to take crazy chances in order to get away--and settled on the idea of rape as a way of forcing the issue. I figure, no way your group would let that happen. Maybe Eduardo would, but Tarner and Gruunk are Good characters, and I didn't expect it would sit well with Ayeba, either. My theory is that she's an actual female, not just a cosplay dude playing a girl in-game.

Anyway, my point is this: don't be tooooo hard on Riku. I grant you that the guy can be a little annoying at times, and he goes off the page. But he's also such a refreshing bolt from the blue at times that I LOVE having him in the game. He's like a random chaos generator. And he's so excited all the time. if it drives you crazy at times--and I can tell that it does--just realize that I LOVE it. It's exactly what I need to keep this thing going.

HFLep Dec 18 '11 9:29pm

Eh, maybe I'm a bit of a control freak. But I don't like the 'headlong rushing' into combat style of play that Tanner seems to enjoy. It's OK in most games, but that sort of shenanigans will get the party killed in this one. Not taking the time while we had time to talk to observe the room and notice the webbing, and perhaps the spiders, meant that we were all caught completely off guard when they arrived.

I had hoped that by setting Modor to attack the tree, I was sort of killing him. Or the tree. In any case, I thought it was a clever way of dealing with two groups of people who had pissed us off simultaneously.

In any case, I'll try to ease up a bit, but if he keeps on rushing into things off on his own, Eduardo's going to drive his sword to the hilt into Tanner's back one of these days.

DannoE Dec 19 '11 12:30am

Well, that's fine too, of course.

And yeah, I liked the thing with Modred and the tree. That worked for me.

HFLep Dec 19 '11 12:48pm

Before I forget: the nightclove addiction. You can assume that Eduardo is going to be doing research in his spare time to either figure out a way to beat it, or find a permanent source for himself. Anything to get independent of Brie. Tell me what (if any) rolls you'll need, but I suspect you have some kind of a subplot in mind.

By the way, did you mean Brevan and not Brie? I can't find a Brie on our 'slave management heirarchy'.

DannoE Dec 19 '11 1:57pm

Yes, I meant Brevan. I can't seem to keep their names straight in my head.