Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   WLD: Sponsored Chaos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18850)
-   -   GAME Four Rooms (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=153788)

Flea Dec 14 '11 12:05am

Four Rooms
 
Malklyr
slips on the bracers and cloak that he had aquired when his team fought a group of kobolds. Both resize as he dons them - changing from fitting a small-sized creature to a human-sized one. The cloak looks oddly familiar to the one that Boyikt was wearing. In fact, it looks identical.

Jared listens down the hallway trying to catch whatever sounds ZhuGuan Yu had heard when they entered the hallway. Whatever Guan had heard seems to have stopped or it is too quiet for Jared's small ears to hear. The Situation, John and Jared head into the first room on the right. Trash is strewn on the floor of this room accompanied by the bitter smell of rodent dung.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...Vicky80x80.jpg
Allyria and Malklyr begin heading towards the room on the left. "I can't see in the dark, but I can see well-enough in the dark - with a little light to back me up. I'll head into the room on the left." Vicky says to Guan. She then heads into the room with Allyria and Malklyr.

As they move into this room they find it a disaster area. The smell, combined with the trash-covered floor makes it clear that rodents tore a path of destruction through here. Perhaps the same swarm of rats that they had to fight the other day. Allyria
scans the room quickly as they enter. "This must be where those rats that attacked us came from..." She bends down and picks up what looks to be a gnawed piece of leather. "There might be something useful in all of this mess, should we search it?"

Guan stays in the hallway. He looks it over looking for anything hidden, but he can't see anything. Then, he almost literally can't see anything. John is carrying the only light source today, and suddenly it dims to the point where it is barely putting off any brightness. Vicky is plunged into near darkness in the adjacent room as the only light almost vanishes. The Situation, John and Jared can barely make out anything beyond themselves. Then comes the familiar shrieking.

The Situation, Guan and John are suddenly
5 thunder damage, and they are dazed until the end of the darkmantles next turn.
bombarded by waves of echoing shrieks as a flying squid lowers itself to just above the doorway. Jared manages to avoid the fate of his three companions in the dim light. The creature was concentrating so much on the attack, that it wasn't paying attention to where it was flying. It slams itself into the wall, bruising it's head - or what passes for it's head. Those left from the original team who can see it recognize it immediately. It is a darkmantle. It is much smaller than the last one that Jack Fox had killed, and it's skin is inky black. Jared suddenly feels something slam into him from behind. A rope-like appendage. Jared immediately realizes that there is a second of these darkmantles in the room with them. The others see it floating behind Jared. The two darkmantles are seemingly teaming up on the smallest target in the room.

Guan can barely see the darkmantle that attacked the lot of them. It is almost completely obscured by the top of the door frame. He'll have to stick his head into the room to get a real good idea of where it is at. Then he hears more noises coming from the north. He turns to look down the hallway again and he can see two larger-than normal rats rush out of the furthest room away on the left. Certainly the source of the noise he heard before. The rats have beady red eyes, and inky black fur. Bits of bone jut out of their fur here and there, very similar to the rats they fought just after the small quake - except for the color.

"What's going on? What was that loud screech?" calls out Vicky.






Jymmi Dec 14 '11 1:46am

John Clarke - Eladrin Revenant Hybrid (Warden/Swordmage)
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...larke80x80.jpg



John shakes his head at the high pitch sound, John soon realizes that one of the darkmantles is right behind him feeling dizzy John swings his sword at it.



Dice Roll: 1d8+4
d8 Results: 3 (Total = 7)
Damage

justin_elliott Dec 14 '11 2:51am

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...jared80x80.jpg Jared Lees, Halfling, Gloom Pact Binder

As the Dark Mantles attack Jared is already moving. He sweeps his rod up until as if in a parrying motion. Shadows eagerly leap from the already dark surround and swirl around the two monsters...


Flea Dec 14 '11 4:42am

As soon as it is hit by John, the darkmantle near the door vanishes from sight. It does not reappear immediately, and Jared isn't sure if it was within' range of his attack or not. Jared's woeful attempt at magic seems to intermingle with the natural ability of the darkmantle who had been there before. The two magical energies seem to slice into the space around Jared, causing instability. A red swirling portal opens up next to Jared and the halfling is yanked into it. He vanishes from sight. Simultaneously in the next room, a similar red swirling vortex opens up near Vicky and the others. Within a few seconds Jared materializes in the room standing next to Vicky. The ground under him still feels solid even though he can see the red vortex under his feet.


eastc Dec 14 '11 5:38am

ZhuGuan, half-elf
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...uanYu80x80.jpg

"Darkmantles!" ZhuGuan shouts an alert to those in the other room. "They fear the
Radiant damage
light but aren't affected by
Arcane, fire, cold.
elemental magics. Time to show off what you can do with that new body of yours Dave... you too Malklyr."


"Also, that noise I heard... it's.. um... coming down the hallway now." He smiled to himself.

The half-elf, perhaps because of his dazed state, decides the best course of action is to charge the rats down the hallway.

Jymmi Dec 14 '11 6:48am

John looks up at the disappearing darkmantle then to the red portal. "Whats going on!! Jared!! where are you!

Elwen Dec 14 '11 7:33am

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...yria380x80.jpg Allyria - Drow Sorceress

"Fear the light, do they? I will make them fear the dark." Calling to the dark connection she shares with her new drow heritage, she tries to enshroud the remaining darkshroud in burning shadows.

Dice Roll: 1d20+8
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 12)
Dark Fire against DM2

When it dodges out of the way, she gestures at it with the Winds of Change, and a blast of radiant light floods out of it, shooting towards the creature.
Standard Action: Dazzling Ray vs DM2
Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 12)
vs Will
Dice Roll: 6d6+9
d6 Results: 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2 (Total = 19)
damage

Elwen Dec 14 '11 7:38am


Flea Dec 14 '11 1:26pm

Allyria's blast of light barely clips the darkmantle, but it is enough to hurt the beast. It vanishes from sight after she strikes it. John's torch becomes bright again as the creature is removed from the battlefield. Now they can all see clearly again.


Corax Dec 14 '11 2:31pm

Malklyr turns around and steps out into the hallway. With a grin on his face he summons forth a globe of acid an
Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 23)
hurls it at the darkmantleClosest rat.. Feels good to let loose without anyone complaining he mumbles.





All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.