Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   Nurse's Managery of Friends (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=155280)

TheHumanDynamo Dec 31 '11 11:45pm

Nurse's Managery of Friends

Dannoe,
My idea is basically to invent different "personalities" for Nurse if you. Any time he is sent out, he will assume the identity of one of them.

Jobe - The human male from the gate rush
Abeyla - a half-eladrin woman who is more rogueish than the male fighter
Nurse - the old orc woamn
Mor'thog - A goliath
Krizzak - Thri-kreen
Thazidan - a mul babaian

Any objections?

DannoE Jan 1 '12 12:17am

Nope. That sounds great.

DannoE Jan 1 '12 10:56pm

As you can see, I moved this to the Character Threads section. Makes it easier for me to manage it.

TheHumanDynamo Jan 1 '12 11:40pm

Oops sorry about that.

HFLep Apr 11 '12 7:51pm

THD, if you want to change Nurse, I'm going to give you two options.

First, you can just change your character class. Nurse would still be a changeling.

The second option is that I arrange for Nurse to die as a part of the story, and you make something new. Tell me what you want, and I'll work it into the next section of the story.

TheHumanDynamo Apr 11 '12 8:33pm

I'll have to think about it some. To be honest, this is my first full day without pain meds yet (and I just woke up).

TheHumanDynamo Apr 12 '12 8:43am

Kill nurse off, I'm looking at making an Executioner to replace him. Could even have the new character assassinate Nurse as competition for the original target or something. The executioner has so much more of an assassin feel to it than the assassin class.

HFLep Apr 12 '12 9:48am

All right then. Start making the new character and post it here.

TheHumanDynamo Apr 12 '12 2:14pm

Ok, have 99% of this done. Just need to know what items I'm allowed to have (i know we are doing the itemless bonuses for attack/defenses and that I only get the powers associated with them)
Stats Ji'li'kai, Githzerai Executioner
Init +8 HP 43/43 Bloodied 21 Healing Surge 10 (0 used /7)
AC 16 Fort 16 Reflex 16 Will 14 Speed 6
Str 17 (+3) Con 11 (0) Dex 19 (+4) Int 8 (-1) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 12 (+1)
Garrote Strangle
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action, Melee Weapon
Requirements: You must use this power with a garrote
Effect: You shift up to squares before the attack.
Target: One creature you are hidden from
Attack: Dexterity vs Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damag, and the target is grabbed until the end of your next turn. While the grab persists, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you and cannot speak, and you cannot make other attacks.
Level 21: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Sustain Standard: The grab persists, and the target takes 4[W] + dexterity modifier damage.
Level 21: 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Garrote Strangle,
Poisoned Dagger
Standard Action, Melee Weapon
Requirements: You must use this power with a dagger.
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. If you deliver an assassin poison with this attack, the target takes a -4 penalty to its first saving throw, if any, against the poison's effect.
Level 21: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Effect: If the dagger has an assassin poison on it that is normally delivered on a hit, you can deliver that poison to the target even if the attack misses.
Poisoned Dagger,
Quick Lunge
Standard Action, Melee 1
Effect: You shift 1 square before the attack.
Attack: Dexterity vs AC
Hit: 1[W] damage, and you knock the target prone. You can then shift 1 square back to your starting position.
Level 21: 2[W] damage.
Quick Lunge,
Iron Mind
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt, Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an attack
Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Iron Mind,
Assassin's Strike
Encounter * Martial
No Action, Personal
Trigger: You hit a creature within 5 squares of you with an attack using a weapon.
Target: The creature you hit
Effect: The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack. If the target is helpless, that damage is maximized.
Level 3: 2d10 extra damage
Level 7: 3d10 extra damage
Level 13: 4d10 extra damage
Level 17: 5d10 extra damage
Level 23: 6d10 extra damage
Level 27: 7d10 extra damage
Special: Nothing short of an extended rest can allow you to regain the use of this power
Assassin's Strike,
Sohei Flair
Encounter * Divine, Weapon
Minor Action, Melee weapon
Requirement: You must hit an enemy with a weapon attack during the turn.
Level 21: One or two creatures
Attack: Highest ability modifier vs AC
Hit: 1[W] damage
Level 11: 2[W] damage
Sohei Flair,
Cloak of Shades
Encounter * Shadow
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you cain concealment against all creatures and are invisible to creatures that are more than 5 squares away
Cloak of Shades,
Bloodroot Poison
Assassin poison
Power (Consumable * Poison) Minor Action. You apply the poison to your melee weapon or one piece of your ammunition. During this encounter, the next creature you hit with a weapon attack using the poisoned item takes 6 extra poison damage and it is dazed (save ends).
Power (Consumable * Poison) Minor Action. You pour the poison into a drink or onto a plate of food. The first creature to consume the food or drink within the next hour is dazed until the end of its next extended rest.
Bloodroot Poison,
Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Assassin Poison
Power (Consumable * Poison) Minor action. You apply the poison to your melee weapon or five pieces of your ammunition. Until the end of the current encounter, whenever you hit a creature with a weapon attack using the poisoned item, the target takes 4 extra poison damage, and it is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Power (Consumable * Poison) Minor action. You apply the poison to a single handheld object. Within the next hour, the first creature other than you to hold or wear the object for more than 1 minute is immobilized until the end of its next extended rest.
Carrion Crawler Brain Juice,
Id Moss Powder
Assassin Poison
Power (Consumable * Implement, Poison, Psychic)
Standard action.
Effect: You make the following attack.
Ranged 5
Attack: Dexterity vs Reflex
Hit: 2d10 + Dexterity modifier poison damage, and ongoing 5 pyschic damage (save ends).
Each failed saving throw: The target makes a basic attack as a free action against its nearest ally.
Miss: Half damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends).
Special: If the DM allows it, a creature reduced to 0 hit points by this poison is not killed, but is instead driven permanently insane.

Power (Consumable)
Standard Action
You place the poison in a closed containter, such as a chest or a jewelry box. Make the attack above against the first creature to open the container within the next hour.
Id Moss Powder
Notes
:You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for your melee basic attacks. In addition, once per turn you can deal 1d8 extra damage with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, a garrote, a blowgun, or a shortbow. The extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level, and 3d8 at 21st level.
Attack Finesse

Once during each of your turns, you can take a free action to draw or stow a weapon and then draw another weapon.
Quick Swap

You learn the recipes for two 1st-level assassin poisons of your choice. During an extended rest, you can prepare one vial of a 1st-level assassin poison.
You must know the poison's recipe and have a poisoner's kit. The vial contains a single use of the poison, which expires if it isn't used before the start of your next extended rest. An item can benefit from the effects of only one assassin poison at a time.
Only you can use your assassin poisons, and you are immune to the effects of the ones you create.
Poison Use

When you hit an enemy with a melee or ranged attack that deals damage, you can choose to reduce the enemy to 0 hit points automatically if it has 10 hit points or fewer after the damage is dealt.
Death Attack

When you take falling damage, you can take a free action to reduce the damage by 6 + your level. If this reduces the damage to 0, you don't fall prone.
Nimble Drop

You learn the recipe for another 1st-level assassin poison of your choice. During an extended rest, you can now prepare two vials of a 1st-level assassin poison.
Improved Poison Use

You gain a +2 power bonus to Insight checks and Perception checks
Sohei Danger sense

HFLep Apr 12 '12 2:43pm

Basically, take level-appropriate items. So no items whose level starts at above the level you now have (vorpal swords, for example). I'll try to work your guy into the story soon.