Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Age of the Dark Rites: Outlander Cleric Required (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=160226)

BeyondThePale Feb 21 '12 7:35am

The Age of the Dark Rites: Outlander Cleric Required

okay here we go again...I need a Cleric in the other half of my game now...Just to keep this add sweet and simple read the character creation section of the forum...when developing a character keep in mind that this is a post apocalyptic undead infested D&D fantasy world...

We are using the pathfinder Cleric...and majority of the pathfinder rules in dealing with the undead. I am only looking for a straight healer/diviner type (if you have a useful prestige class in mind which follows this need then feel free to run with it).

Things have been hectic at best due to a few unexpected drops from the game, but I am trying to fill it out the best I can. With the loss of our cleric, it is a bit of a heavy hit...An world ravaged by undead, no safety zones or true alleviation from the undead hordes in sight, and no cleric...yeah there is a bit of a stall until I know what to expect for them...So please feel free to apply, and bring your A game, they're going to need it...

also feel free to peruse the pantheon thread, though Mya is the most likely choice since her dogma is in complete relation to balance and nature.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with...

Nameless Void Feb 21 '12 10:04am

You lost another one?

Crikey.. Do you keep killing them off?

BeyondThePale Feb 21 '12 10:12am

No sir, the first batch I lost in the first week of the game, instead of judging applicants based on their post rate I foolishly accepted them based on their apps...Needless to say they left a wound in the game that has only festered since...Now I am hoping to level out my Outlands party so that dying is not that much of an issue. Being an undead campaign I am sure that characters losing ability points due to ability damage is not a fun experience either...I believe I dropped one character's con below 10...So I think a full on cleric in the party might alleviate some basic concerns...Atleast it will give them a better chance of survival.

It is not my job to kill anyone off, I am fully aware of that...On the other hand if they somehow become casualties of the game following the premiss I had explicitly designed (undead post-apocalyse) then isnt that really out of my hands? ;}

Nameless Void Feb 21 '12 10:31am

Ouch.

Did you allow items that might alleviate the Con loss?

Alot of your players have invested a fair amount of creativity in this game. To have the character.. crippled.. would not be the nicest thing.

Where are you at with the game? Past the introduction phase?

BeyondThePale Feb 21 '12 11:11am

Yes I am beyond introductions, just getting things back in focus. There are ways around the con drain, it is not permanent. Just a wake up call about the potential dangers of using certain spells and abilities that make you a a target for the big nasties.

userpay Feb 21 '12 10:56pm

Hmm... Well I've got a cleric that could potentially work here, a half elf/drow (cloistered) cleric of Pelor using Radiant Servant of Pelor that I could convert to this. In most games I app with her I play the race mechanically as elf + darkvision. I also like to play her as having musical inclinations so is there any way that perform could be added to the clerics class skills? Mostly this is for fluff though there is an item called Lyre of the Restful Soul from Libris Mortis (pg 79), which applies a debuff to an undead's turn resistance with a perform check, that I'd be interested in. Or maybe if we could come up with something that ties the clerics abilities to music?

edit: Also I just put up her fluff from the last game I apped with her. Might take me a few days to re familiarize myself with the setting and make the necessary adjustments. No picture for now though there is someone who'll be drawing her down the road, probably won't see it for a month or two at least because they have a large backlog.

BeyondThePale Feb 22 '12 3:00am

Since we remove SLA's from the saint temlate it leaves a bit of room open for this. If the lyre is approved by Morgan then you are more than welcome to take perform as a skill for part of that ECL. But that will be discussed if your build is chosen. If it is only fluff it shouldnt be too important right at this moment.

MarkelDevalus Feb 22 '12 9:40pm

Im not sure how pathfinder differs from a 3.5 cleric, but Ill look into it when I get home.

BeyondThePale Feb 23 '12 4:30am

channel positive energy instead of turn undead...among other things

userpay Feb 23 '12 6:59am

So I'm curious (and partially because I haven't had time to re familiarize myself with setting fluff just yet) baring a few minor tweaks would my character's fluff work? Always nice to know before beginning to make changes.