Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   You Win or You Die (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=164917)

Gamer Gig Mar 29 '12 5:54pm

You Win or You Die

Looking for players interested in a sand-box-ish type game set in the Westerlands realm of Westeros, nearly 50 years before the ASoIaF books begin. Each player would be running their own House with likely between 2-4 actual PC-level characters, although only per story/chapter.

Hoping for nearly a post-a-day level commitment, but I know that's not always possible, so I'm willing to be flexible.

New and experienced players are both welcome, although access to the rules makes things a lot easier. I'm planning this to be first-come/first-serve and may close this thread early if I get enough applicants quickly. I'm also not firm in the 6 players, so might be able to squeeze a few more in if interest is strong.

You can post interest or ask questions here, but I'll actually be looking for applications in the House Creation - OOC thread on the game's forums.

Iroel Mar 29 '12 7:23pm

Interesting. Should you be willing to have a repentant absentee, I'm definitely in. Rather new to the system, but I am quite familiar with the setting, and most assuredly willing to learn more.

Intro Mar 29 '12 7:40pm

Definitely sounds interesting. The only ASoIaF games I've seen so far have had the players as part of the same house/group, but having each player control their own house seems something pretty feasible with PbP.

Havelock Mar 29 '12 9:23pm

*Raises hand*

"Pick me, pick me, pick me"

Gamer Gig Mar 29 '12 10:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intro (Post 5437108)
Definitely sounds interesting. The only ASoIaF games I've seen so far have had the players as part of the same house/group, but having each player control their own house seems something pretty feasible with PbP.

It does make it easier to keep everyone involvef, because players can swap to an appropriate character for a given story, but it is a lot more tempting for everyone to run off on their own, and then keeping chronology consistent can be a pain.

Still, looking forward to trying!

ewpierce Mar 30 '12 4:07pm

Hell yes. I've been looking for an ASOIAF game forever, it seems. Is there anything you're looking for as part of the application process, aside from interest?

Dato Mar 30 '12 4:12pm

Interested, but I'll need to look over the material first.

Iroel Mar 30 '12 4:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewpierce (Post 5440604)
Hell yes. I've been looking for an ASOIAF game forever, it seems. Is there anything you're looking for as part of the application process, aside from interest?

While I can't, of course, speak on behalf of the GM, I just posted interest and went straight to making my House, and given that it's just been accepted... Well, looks like you don't need more ^_^

ewpierce Mar 30 '12 4:19pm

Thanks Iroel - I will do the same!

Gamer Gig Mar 30 '12 4:37pm

Have at ye! Iroel's process is pretty much it.