Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Murder of Crows (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4116)
-   -   Battle Thread (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=17058)

Nighteyes5678 Jun 6 '07 9:01am

Battle Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the new battle thread. I'm not going to introduce it as y'all are about to be eaten by a monster and certainly don't have the time to be readin' long introductions.

Good then, so Conner is Red, Lucian is Green, Sel is Magenta, Xeran is Purple and Zal, the wall climbin' freak, is Blue. The squares are the typical 5 feet so go from this. I needn't tell you that the beastie is the brown oval, eh?

Alrighty! Let's roll initiative, shall we? Allow me.

Selarenia Corleis: 22
And the Beastie is 18
Zal: 10
Conner: 9
Lucian is 7
Xeran: 6

Ok, standard procedure applies. Queue up your action and when everyone posts, I'll resolve the round. Have fun. ^_^
DICE WERE DELETED FROM THIS POST

WhiteKnight777 Jun 6 '07 3:58pm

Xeran

Xeran blinks for a moment, then quirks one eyebrow.

My... that thing certainly is unpleasant.

His reaction seems slightly delayed, perhaps by shock at seeing such an unusual creature, or perhaps he is simply afraid but unwilling to show it. In any case, he finally manages to snap himself out of it, quickly and efficiently casting the same spell as he had used before.

Ray 1:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 20)
Ray 1 Attack
Ray 2:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 16)
Ray 2 Attack

Damage 1:
Dice Roll:
4d6
d6 Results: 1, 4, 1, 5 (Total = 11)
Ray 1 Damage
Damage 2:
Dice Roll:
4d6
d6 Results: 1, 5, 3, 5 (Total = 14)
Ray 2 Damage

Nighteyes5678 Jun 6 '07 6:13pm

I might point out that I'd still like the flavor text and story text to remain in the story thread. this thread is simply for the dice rolls and more technical battle movements such as "I move from E3 to F6" and blah blah blah.

Kallisto Jun 7 '07 1:32am

Sel casts Prayer.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prayer.htm

Velvet Elvis Jun 7 '07 5:49am

Ahh, ye foul beastie, and me without the key to me toybox, arrrr.

For tactical purposes, is the beastie technically "huge" but only taking up three squares in a line, as it appears to be on the map?

For my move, I have one pitiful thing I can do right now, which is to fling my only crossbow bolt at it and hope it bleeds to death...assuming I hit.

Beastie goes before me, so if it ends its move within 30' of my position, I'll shoot from there. If not, I'll move to within 30', preferably on the ceiling, if not, the wall, or the bannister, if absolutely necessary. That will keep the hand crossbow within it's first range increment, so no minuses from that.

-4 from shooting into melee is factored in.

Crossbow Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 7)

Bolt + Frost Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d4+2 1d6
d4 Results: 3 (Total = 5)
d6 Results: 1

Whether I hit or not, if I didn't have to move to take the shot, I will stow the crossbow when I'm done (move action).

Nighteyes5678 Jun 7 '07 7:25am

Alrighty! Xeran, you didn't overcome the creature's spell resistance, in case you're wondering. Sel, you're probably worried about Lucian. You should be. He's at -2 and bleeding out. That sucker can pack a punch. The trio of women have joined the fight in the square K15 from a door in that side of the room.

Here's the new initiative for the round. Good luck. ^_^

Sam: 24
Maloria: 23
Sel: 19
Beastie: 19
Lucian: 13
Conner: 12
Cady: 11
Xeran: 6
Zal: 3

Asterisk Jun 7 '07 7:32am

I edited my previous post to better reflect what actually happened, since the critter came to Conner instead of vicey-versa. I have been directly telling NE about my attacks.

About the beast size, I just did what he told me. How much to "huge" beasts usually take up?

Velvet Elvis Jun 7 '07 10:03am

Normally, huge beasts take up a 3x3 (15'x15') block of real estate.

Their reach, and thus their threat areas, vary depending on whether they're considered tall (a giant) or long (a big gator).

Kallisto Jun 7 '07 12:17pm

Sel casts Cure moderate wounds on Lucian.

(If you're wondering where the 14 comes from, here is the breakdown: 6 for the feat augment healing; 7 for my level and 1 for the healing domain.)

Dice Roll: 3d8+14
d8 Results: 1, 5, 7 (Total = 27)

Kossil Jun 7 '07 1:42pm

Cady's going to be casting Scorching Ray on the beastie.

Scorching Ray

Evocation [Fire]
Level:
Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components:
V, S
Casting Time:
1 standard action
Range:
Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect:
One or more rays
Duration:
Instantaneous
Saving Throw:
None
Spell Resistance:
Yes

You blast your enemies with fiery rays. You may fire one ray, plus one additional ray for every four levels beyond 3rd (to a maximum of three rays at 11th level). Each ray requires a ranged touch attack to hit and deals 4d6 points of fire damage.

The rays may be fired at the same or different targets, but all bolts must be aimed at targets within 30 feet of each other and fired simultaneously.

Ray 1 Atk:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 10)

Ray 1 Dmg:
Dice Roll:
4d6
d6 Results: 4, 2, 6, 3 (Total = 15)

Ray 2 Atk:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 14)

Ray 2 Dmg:
Dice Roll:
4d6
d6 Results: 3, 2, 6, 4 (Total = 15)

Also making a
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 18)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+2
Original Dice: 1d20+2
Spot Check to see if Cady can see the others.