Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   Ooc (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=171872)

LozzerKP Jun 1 '12 12:39pm

Ooc

For all your questions and chattatudinal needs!

LozzerKP Jun 3 '12 11:07am

See edits to buildings and starting resources! So you can plan, scheme and ask questions..

Tarakir Jun 3 '12 11:17am

Ok, working on my race at the moment but I have a few questions- How does the hero come into the actual battling? Will it be possible for him to be killed off or will he get an attack/spell per round like in Heroes but only die if his army does? I'm just trying to work out how important things like AC, HP and AB are for the hero.

On a similar vein, how important will Hero skills be? Will things like diplomacy, intimidate, spot etc be critical to how the army operates or will they pretty much take a back bench?

Sideshow Jun 3 '12 11:48am

We also need a very detailed map for movement and so on, I'm sure you are aware of this already. Will the tier of troops be determined by CR and creature type? (depending on army etc - elves+fey, undead, devil) that sorta thing.

LozzerKP Jun 3 '12 12:24pm

Have a look on game description or races. I'll re post creature creation. Can have any creatures you want! though theme armies of some sort are recommended. All npc forces will be creatures you yourselves have created.. So make 'em good ;)

LozzerKP Jun 3 '12 12:28pm

Heroes in battle can only be attacked by other heroes, so Ac is important. If they die though, they are just knocked unconscious and can be re recruited.

Heroes in battles are less important than the troops, though their bab goes to troops attack and defence.

But heroes can also go into crypts alone for very small adventures - it's there and only there that their skills and everything else comes into action. So having a rogue hero isn't pointless because you may be able to sneak into a toughcrypt and steal things without a fight or sneak attack ect.

Basicly make any srd hero using core material only and no magic items, level 1, and your hero will be useful :). Keeps it fair.

Tarakir Jun 3 '12 4:39pm

Hey man, don't know if i'm just being foolish but under the Race thread why do each tier have two point totals listed? Like tier 1 have 10 points and 15 points?

Riou Jun 3 '12 5:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarakir (Post 5693515)
Hey man, don't know if i'm just being foolish but under the Race thread why do each tier have two point totals listed? Like tier 1 have 10 points and 15 points?

My assumption is that the first number is for the base troop, and the second is for the upgraded version, as you see in HoMM.

Tarakir Jun 3 '12 5:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou (Post 5693590)
My assumption is that the first number is for the base troop, and the second is for the upgraded version, as you see in HoMM.

Ah I see, yeah that would make sense.

Tarakir Jun 4 '12 12:32pm

In regards to giving spells to units, obviously in HOMMV creatures have mana rather than spell uses. I understand that you're simplifying it down a bit, but if a creature knows two different spells, is it allowed to cast one of them twice in a battle instead of casting each one once?