- - Spell Research
||Jun 20 '12 5:11pm
- Pathfinder's Ultimate Magic Rules, in Chapter 2: Mastering Magic, Designing Spells on page 128. is the basis for spell research.
- With subtle additions
- it takes two weeks per spell level to research a spell.
- At the end of week, the caster makes a Spellcraft Check against the level of the spell.
- Spell Research costs 1000 gp/spell level
- The caster must have access to a laboratory.
- After all that...
- In character, it is established the character has been researching for the required time and spent the required gold in the necessary conditions.
- At this time, the player presents their completed spell.
- If it is rejected, they must begin anew.
- The Dungeon Master holds the final say on any spell, and any rules cited from Ultimate Magic, the 3rd Edition Dungeon Master's Guide and any other sources.
||Aug 8 '12 6:06pm
- A Basic Laboratory can be rented at a price of 250 gp/week.
- Paying 500 gp/week provides a +2 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks made to determine whether a new spell is viable.
- A Fancy Laboratory can be rented for 750 gp/week, and a single spellcaster using this laboratory and having its resources all to himself receives a +4 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks made to determine whether a new spell is viable (including assistance from the apprentice spellcaster, a 1st-level caster with +5 to Spellcraft). Alternatively, up to four spellcasters can share this space at the same time and gain a +2 circumstance bonus on such checks.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 9:23pm.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.