Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   A Most Desperate Hour (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22320)
-   -   The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=174795)

Valiyn Jun 27 '12 7:13am

The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread)

Here's the OOC thread. Goof off and chat here. Drinks are on the house.

mXc Potato Jun 28 '12 10:48am

Okay, I am new to Saga edition, and when buying equipment the book itself is a bit confusing. Since no where does it say we ignore the Restricted items list are we to role our Know(Bureaucracy)/Persuasion/Deception checks somewhere or just buy it at the Black market price?

Dato Jun 28 '12 11:37am

Interesting, I shall look it over today. :)

Glyph Jun 28 '12 11:38am

I was just going to ask how to handle our items' Availability. I want to buy a BlasTech DT-12, but would hate for that 900cr to go to waste over a failed roll (as I only have a +8 to Persuasion...making the DC 20 roll still quite dodgy). Seeing as we're in war-time, could we maybe just pay the Availability cost and not roll, saying that we bought it off a deserter that passed through the station instead?

Belul Jun 28 '12 12:33pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to trade the Miraluka Conditional bonus feat, force training, for force sensitivity. Being force sensitive would be cool and help explain Oln's luck. I don't really ever want him to get training in it however. The concept is for a Mandalorian who happens to be a Miraluka, not a Jedi/sith with Mandalorian beliefs. As it is if I want him to be force sensitive he gets to have force training. :-\

Also just want to say the Holonet into post is hilarious. :^^:

Valiyn Jun 28 '12 2:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belul (Post 5790171)
I was wondering if it would be possible to trade the Miraluka Conditional bonus feat, force training, for force sensitivity.

The trade-off makes sense and doesn't unbalance the game. I will allow this. Make a note of it in your character sheet to be sure that I remember.
Quote:

Also just want to say the Holonet into post is hilarious. :^^:
Thank you, I strive to inject some good humor in places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glyph (Post 5790111)
I was just going to ask how to handle our items' Availability. I want to buy a BlasTech DT-12, but would hate for that 900cr to go to waste over a failed roll (as I only have a +8 to Persuasion...making the DC 20 roll still quite dodgy). Seeing as we're in war-time, could we maybe just pay the Availability cost and not roll, saying that we bought it off a deserter that passed through the station instead?

I want people to roll. More of a chance you'll get the item is the benefit of going for some of the cheaper, lighter, more acceptable arms people often skip over. Everyone wants a powerful weapon in a time of full scale war - there just is too much demand to make it a sure thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mXc Potato (Post 5790065)
Okay, I am new to Saga edition, and when buying equipment the book itself is a bit confusing. Since no where does it say we ignore the Restricted items list are we to role our Know(Bureaucracy)/Persuasion/Deception checks somewhere or just buy it at the Black market price?

You can do either method - either buy the item through legit channels or go the black market route. You can make any rolls you need in the Roll Thread if you go legit. Buying it at black market price means you don't have to roll.

Glyph Jun 28 '12 2:54pm

Alright then! Going for a cheaper Merr-Sonn 434...fingers crossed

Edit: And that's why I hate rolling...all I needed was a 7 or more to beat the DCs. I got a 3 and a 2 and am down by 1300cr =(

Belul Jun 28 '12 3:56pm

Noted, and my thanks.

mXc Potato Jun 28 '12 5:49pm

Thanks for the quick response, now I see why we had max starting gold. I think I have sufficiently outfitted myself for at least a reconnaissance mission, minus the rations since we are on a ship.

Belul Jun 29 '12 3:05am

Another quick question. Would it be possible to married into the Marko family?