Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   War on the Horizon: 2 players needed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=174966)

Valthronis Jun 28 '12 5:23pm

War on the Horizon: 2 players needed

War on the Horizon is a Dragonlance Campaign Iím running. Due to some ongoing complications, Iíve lost several players over the course of the initial startup. So Iím placing up this add to look for 2 new players to add to the team. Donít worry; prior experience with the campaign is not needed.

War on the Horizon is set just after the war of the souls on Krynn and continues my own timeline (which can be found in the game forum) It focuses on the aftermath of the war of the souls, the loss of both Paladine and Tahkisis to the pantheon of gods and a new rising knighthood (of evil) that is convinced Tahkisis herself will return.
With this new knighthood, and the Solamnic knights facing new and dangerous prospects the heroís must make difficult choices and face new enemies. Danger and the outbreak of war seems inevitable on every front, and now a humanoid army led by the mysterious figure known simply as ĎAnkharí who seems to be relentlessly attacking the Solamnic nations without cause or warning has made an already volatile situation worse.
The City of Solanthus has been lost to the Knights of Solamnia, and is now under the control of the Solanthus liberation army, and they too seem to be facing their own dire situations.

The heroís must decide what battles to wage, what fronts are important and where they are needed most. In the end itís THEIR decisions that will ultimately decide whether or not Paladine and Tahkisis may actually return, or if the nation and possibly the entire world, fall into a new and very dark age.

Characters will start at Level 5, and classes will be restricted to the playerís handbook (and possibly classes out of the DL campaign setting)

Stat roll will be done as 4d6 drop the lowest, please make sure you have at least a net bonus of +3, otherwise you may feel free to reroll your lowest scores until you have it.

Standard starting gold for the level, random starting age, as detailed in the PHB.
Full HP at first level,
Dragonlance races only please (and no kender)

These rules are set in stone for this recruitment; please donít ask for exceptions as none will be granted.

I welcome any questions and look forward to anyone who wants to join the team.
---Val

MadHatter Jun 28 '12 5:28pm

Where should we put our applications. I don't own the DL 3.5 books. Will that be a problem? My knowledge of Dragonlance extends to the wiki, 1 book and the movie. I am interested in playing a human Monk 1/Sorcerer-4 with taking the Ascetic Mage feat at sixth level. Then going back to Monk after that. Is all that good?

Valthronis Jun 28 '12 5:42pm

Place apps on this thread please (on the game forum). I'm not looking for a whole lot of dl experience, I'm realistic on this point and know not many people have it. As for the classes, that should be fine.

--Val

darkninja0200 Jun 28 '12 6:03pm

Hello I noticed this isn't requiring a whole lot of experience which is good. Can you tell me the specific books I'd need in order to play this campaign comfortably? Other than what was already mentioned?

Valthronis Jun 28 '12 6:12pm

I'm pretty easy going on this point, and a lot of people maintain you need to know a lot about the setting to play. I however do not. I have great resources and websites i can pass along to anyone who wants to learn about the setting. However in so far as what required to actually play the game, make sure you have a 3.5 phb and i can help you figure out the rest as you go.

Also if your looking to do a lot of in depth research for it, I'd start here

Its a plethora of information you can go over at your leisure, but dont feel like I'm requiring you to memorize it, its just a fun place to start.

As far as character knowledge goes, in game, I'll simply state what your character would know, or not know as in character knowledge and move forward from there, until you get used to the setting, this is how I've always handled this, and its worked fine thus far, so i see no reason to change now. :)

I'm always happy to bring someone new into the fold of Dragonlance.
:)

--Val

darkninja0200 Jun 28 '12 6:26pm

welp let me see if my source for books has any. I know I have PHB and several other books. So other than race or class am I free to take anything else from the other books?

MadHatter Jun 28 '12 6:26pm

Back to the drawing board for me. My monk sorcerer will not work with the stats I rolled sadly. I will try to make something I like.

darkninja0200 Jun 28 '12 6:43pm

Does a Bakali Barbarian sound good to you?

Valthronis Jun 28 '12 6:53pm

You get bonus points for making me have to look that one up.

So yes, i'll allow it.
http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/for...p?title=Bakali

I'll get the racial adjustments to you as soon as i can.

--Val

darkninja0200 Jun 28 '12 6:57pm

yay :D

I'll get a sheet up soon

May take a bit of time though