Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Outlaw Man (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=175509)

Kritkrit Jul 4 '12 1:53am

Outlaw Man

10 years may have passed since the Civil War ended, but Jonas MacGregor still finds himself unable to return home. In a quest for fame and fortune, and with a small band of followers, he has taken the road of an outlaw, trying to make his way on the frontiers of the expanding United States...

Starting on the border between Kansas and the Indian Territory, this will be a sandbox covering the whole of the United States, driven by the individual characters and their own personal stories. I’m looking for 4 more players to take on the roles of the gang led by Jonas “Morkskittar” MacGregor, a former Confederate officer from Georgia, now turned outlaw. Characters can be either former soldiers who have followed Jonas since the War, or other outlaws he has picked up along the way.

We’ll be using the Gunslingers and Gamblers rules. Unfamiliarity with the system won’t be an issue: the rules are fairly simple, and I’m happy to help anyone who needs it. To apply, please post a description of your character’s physical appearance, personality and background in the thread on the forum. I’m not going to ask for a specific amount of information, but the plot will be very much based around the characters and the more hooks you can offer, the better. The deadline will be on Friday 13th July, and the application thread will be closed at midnight (GMT). The players will be chosen by myself with assistance from Mork, who will provide the insight of the Gang’s leader as to who he would have hired.

I'll be around between now and then if there are any questions. I tend to log in several times a day, and I try to respond to messages fairly promptly. Characters are welcome to have secrets (even from their boss) and this will even be encouraged to some extent, so I'm happy to take questions through PM if you prefer. If anyone wants to create a character who has followed Jonas since the War, Mork is also available to discuss their histories if you want.

nayrz Jul 4 '12 1:56am

You're stealing Krou's gang! gah...XD lol

Anvil Of War Jul 4 '12 2:09am

Well this sounds very cool.

I love the idea of having a gm and a gang leader for duel and separate purposes. A player leader and a gm.

If I can get my hands on the rules I would apply but I am far from getting books and am stuck posting from a phone atm. I will try and fix that by the 13th if I can.

Omikias Jul 4 '12 2:43am

This sounds right up my alley, if I can get a copy of the books or at least some idea of the rules.

Powderhorn Jul 4 '12 4:05am

I'm definitely interested in this, though I've never even heard of the rules set before. A couple questions: Is this supposed to be an "evil" campaign, or, is it more of a group of dapper scoundrels? Are the rules freely available online? (I hate buying rule books for one-off games, especially as I rather lack storage space where I'm at.)

Kritkrit Jul 4 '12 11:49am

I don't think it's freely available as such, but there are PDF versions around, and it's nowhere near as much as things like D&D or Shadowrun (RPGNow have it, at least, and it's not too expensive there). If you're looking for it, I use the ordinary rule set, not the streamline edition. That said, it's not a complicated system, and I can help get people going myself if needs be (although the book does help :p).

I'm not sure I'd call it an "evil" campaign, it depends on the characters on offer. Think people like the James brothers, and Billy the Kid. They might be sociopathic, but they frequently had reasons for being outlaws. They are still a bunch of bank-robbers and killers, but I'd prefer them to be vaguely likeable, and possibly redeemable. Cartoonish "evildoers" are unlikely to be accepted, although just being a psychopath will not be an automatic obstruction.

I will add that, although I'm not asking anyone to make a sheet just yet, if you can give me an idea of where their skills might be, it will help, even if it's something vague like "good with a gun" or "has some medical training".

Kritkrit Jul 10 '12 12:33am

Still not a lot of interest in this game? I know it's a bit of an obscure system, but I've run a couple of games with it, and I can say it's very good. :)

Anvil Of War Jul 10 '12 1:11am

I would LOVE to play but I can't find the book. Not that I would have the money to buy it lol.

Anvil Of War Jul 12 '12 4:14am

App in. Can't wait for this game, love the idea.

I kind of based my characters history on the song 'I hung my head' by johnny cash lol.

Kritkrit Jul 12 '12 5:32pm

Thanks for the application. I'm making the final call now, the application thread will be closed tomorrow night. If anyone is still interested, please let me know and drop your character request in the thread. :)