Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   ~The Seeping Darkness~ (New players welcome) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=175950)

Puzzle Jul 8 '12 12:53am

~The Seeping Darkness~ (New players welcome)

Click image for music!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/pho...23/27374_2.jpg

It's spring, 1922, and the twenties are just starting to roar. The Great War is over and emotions are high. Prohibition is beginning to be enforced, jazz music is making an entrance, and Warren G. Harding is in the Oval Office. A generation of women throw off their corsets and cut their hair into bobs--anything is possible!

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

The Seeping Darkness is a campaign for 6th Edition Call of Cthulhu built around a series of published mini-adventures. Between each adventure characters will have time to recuperate, train their skills, and seek psychological treatment. Tying the storyline together are the cryptic whims of an eccentric millionaire who has set out to assemble a team of 'talented' people from a range of backgrounds and professions. (Think League of Extraordinary Gentlemen minus the fantastical literary figures and sexual themes, or the party gathered by Prof. Van Helsing in Bram Stoker's Dracula.)

Previous experience with the system is welcome but not necessary; everything needed for play is already available on the forum and I will be happy to answer any questions here or in PMs. CoC is heavy on role-play so good writing skills and solid, realistic characters are a must. Characters can be die-hard skeptics or fervent believers in the occult, well known professionals or obscure recluses. The only requirement is that they possess some noteworthy skill or knowledge that makes them particularly suited for the thankless job of saving the world.

A warning: Call of Cthulhu characters have a high chance of dying or going permanently insane, and while the investigators in this campaign will be better prepared than most for the things that go bump in the night, there is a good chance one or two will get killed or go mad along the way. If this happens it's not the end of world. Players will be able to roll up new fresh meat characters and keep playing. I promise I'm not a 'meat-grinder' GM, but I won't be pulling the punches for you guys either.

Please ask questions here, but make characters in the Applications folder. :)

Apps will be accepted until July 18th, although I may close it sooner there are enough applicants.

tnettoc Jul 8 '12 12:58am

Love the mood. Will be rooting and giving you support on the sidelines !

Lukmar Jul 8 '12 1:06am

Definitely throwing in my fedora for this one. :)

EDIT: also, very nice touch with the music Mariel. I agree with tnettoc, the mood of the game is quite promising.

organizedChaos Jul 8 '12 1:19am

I will take a ticket also!

Lukmar Jul 8 '12 1:24am

@ Mariel: what is the deadline for submitting applications? I could not find one in the ad or in the main game forum (though it is past 1am at my end, so I might have missed it)

Puzzle Jul 8 '12 1:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukmar (Post 5823813)
@ Mariel: what is the deadline for submitting applications? I could not find one in the ad or in the main game forum (though it is past 1am at my end, so I might have missed it)

July 18th, or when we have enough strong characters, whichever happens first. :3

SmokeyGB Jul 8 '12 2:23am

I do like the sound of this. Love CoC!

I'm thinking I'd like to play a WWI Veteran, jaded and getting by as best he can. Could go in a number of different directions though if the story has a need.

SmokeyGB Jul 8 '12 2:29am

Had a good set of rolls for my first set! Rolls being what they are but the character himself is most important.

Is there a place in the game forum we can post questions prior to acceptance? OOC is locked.

Puzzle Jul 8 '12 3:57am

Right here is fine for questions. :3 But you can also include them on your application thread if they are specific to your character.

TwilightKing Jul 8 '12 3:59am

Posting some interest. :)