Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   World of Warcraft: Old Ends & New Beginnings (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=176348)

Nobunaga Jul 12 '12 8:22am

World of Warcraft: Old Ends & New Beginnings

This will be a World of Warcraft 2nd Edition / D&D 3.5 Edition game set in the World of Warcraft universe. Set in the months following the discovery of the isle of Pandaria and the death of Deathwing, this game will allow players to explore the world of Azeroth as either a member of the Horde... the Alliance... or as part of a neutral movement seeking their place in the world.

Races and Classes are strongly encouraged to be taken from the World of Warcraft 2nd Edition series of books, however I will also accept classes from the core books belonging to D&D proper (Core Rules, Completes, Races of...etc). Now while the MMO might reward those who use "Builds" and "Cookie Cutter Specs", not so here. I'm not looking for those who want to power-game their way through the world, I'm looking for interesting characters and INTERESTING PLAYERS. Too often we focus on the characters and not the players... so lets make things interesting!

As a "lorekeeper", raider, theorycrafter and lore-based podcaster since the infant days of this great world, I will be your GM through the world of Azeroth and beyond. I promise to show you a living, breathing (or not so, for you Forsaken characters) world full of plot, adventure and phat epic loots... if that's what you're here for I suppose. Meet famous characters, be SLAIN by famous characters, and forge a legend all your own in a world that perhaps is now so familiar.

At this point I'm not going to forbid any classes or races just yet... though I will squash certain character concepts should they come across "the desk". For instance, even if you write the greatest and most amazing backstory of all time, I am not going to allow a Pandaren Death Knight. I'll compliment your writing skills and refer you to a contact or two in Activision Blizzard's creative team... but I'll still deny the character. Other combinations are possible for the "Outright Deny" classification, though I'll reserve those decrees for the moment.

Now this isn't to say your Pandaren Wardancer or other such couldn't BECOME a Death Knight... but you're REALLY going to have to work to get there. If you've got a character idea that involves a race not detailed in the available books (and I can already think of a few), I'll be happy to toss out some stats for such characters. I also really do not mind interesting concepts and combinations... just keep them within the existing world.

What the future holds for the characters? Who's to know... but one thing's for sure. Once this game begins, it will be it's own timeframe and universe. While I might have certain events from the upcoming "Mists of Pandaria" expansion happening in this game... I will most certainly be expecting you "Heroes" to be altering the course of events to your own liking. Will YOU be the one to dethrone Warchief Garrosh? Perhaps you will take over where The Twilight's Hammer failed? Will you do everyone a favor and stab Rhonin in the eye with his own magical red hair?

Let us see... shall we?

SInestro Jul 12 '12 9:30am

Sweet!

Time for questions . . .

Is the group able to be a mix of the factions, doing more than one group, or something else entirely?

I noticed you mentioned Death Knights. Are Death Knights allowed (other than panderian of course)?

Are alignments in force?

Magius Jul 12 '12 10:29am

i used to play WoW, but then Skyrim came out ^_^
so, would i be able to play a D&D Ranger?
Just checking, is this using 3.5 rules for encounters?

Keradi01 Jul 12 '12 10:40am

DnD in my Warcraft? Sweet. I'm very interested in this. By the way, what kind of game is this though? It sounds very free form from your description, but I am forced to ask. Is this a sandbox? Considering that you said we can make characters of any faction or race (within reason), I don't think that we can make a group consisting of a human paladin of the Alliance paired up with a Horde warlock. However I am almost contractually obligated to ask because I plan out my characters based on if he/she will be constrained to a consistent group or not.

Nobunaga Jul 12 '12 11:41am

Indeed, 3.5 edition for pretty much everything... with, of course, the WoW 2nd edition rules where appropriate.

Classes from D&D are of course viable, and there are versions of them available in the WoW books as well with a few changes or mixes etc.

In terms of this game... I would suggest being party-viable... but if you end up not sticking with a party, well I suppose I could run a bit of solo stuff but... I'd kinda prefer a party or two. But who knows, I might end up choosing a bunch of sandboxers if those happen to be the best players/characters.

Phuse Jul 12 '12 11:59am

I am s o interested in this. I have no idea what to play though. As soon as I get off work I'm going to go into town and find these books.

Enilas Jul 12 '12 2:52pm

Hm...interesting

Chaos Emerald Jul 12 '12 4:04pm

Every factions even the neutrals ones available, well that's a lot of possible concepts, with creature classes in the wow books, virtually no limits in what you can play. Stonemaul Ogre Magi with some mages levels, Half-Ogre Hunter,A High mage of Kirin Tor, an orc blademaster, A dwarf Mountain King... Hmmm damn I'll need to narrow it down.

ultima22689 Jul 12 '12 7:19pm

Interested, gonna roll a Blood Elf Death Knight with long, flowing white hair named Legolas Sephiroth, who dual wields Frostmourne and Ashbringer!

-
-
-
-
-
Nah, I kid, but i'm planning an elf DK or the paladin I used in a previous game.

oldkingkoal Jul 12 '12 9:09pm

Interesting concept, I spent a few years playing a troll rogue, I gave a little thought to RPing the character but sadly didn't see much opportunity seeing as every one was satisfied to rush through the instances and quests. I always got the sense that I was missing out on an amazing story. My only problem would be that I stopped playing around the same time cataclysm came out. Did I miss out on some necessary lore that would hinder my ability to play in this prepandarien time?