Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   A Whole New World (Group 1) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=180263)

Dredge Aug 19 '12 8:28am

A Whole New World (Group 1)
 
(( ravenos
KingGoblin
Kerim
Anchorite01))

Your opportunity has been given, your chance is now. Do you take that step through a purple gate that swirls with a magic unknown to you? It could be a trap, a hoax, one of your enemies could be behind this. You could be leaving family behind, will they live? The wars, the hunts, or what have you that ails your plane shall no longer be your concern. Swallow all fear, all notions of trickery, and take that first step to a new life.

You step through the gate, a pull seems to encompass your body. It pulls greater and tighter taking your breath right out of you. You feel a sudden snap as though your connection to your old world is gone, erased. You seem to be floating, no weight or restraint, you are unable to move or even breath yet aware of everything. No words can escape as you are helpless to even speak or move your mouth, unsure oh how long your journey is.

You emerge on the other side and fall to one knee gasping for breath and aching to have use of muscles once more. Your connection is still empty, as though your soul or ethereal cord was cut from traveling so far. Your eyes close and you start to weign until you allow that ever comforting sleep wash over you. You should have hit the floor by now, your head resting on that soft green grass that is almost unearthly green. A hand....no a person seems to be holding you and standing you up. You open your eyes to see blackness as far as you can see and a single man standing before you. He holds a long white cord in his hand that look ripped and torn, as though someone ripped it free. He wears wizards robes and has a soft handsome smile. He hands you the rope, "Hold on to this tight, trust me... I'm a wizard." With that you feel it launch back at a speed equal to terminal velocity. You look back to see where your heading and are faced by a motionless you standing, eyes closed, unfettered by your speedy approach. The rope you hold attaches to your motionless body, you hesitate to let go and save yourself from the impact but your a seasoned adventurer, little things like this are nothing.

You slam into your body, you open your eyes once more and lean forward from the shock of landing into your body. You look around at the others, they seem to be doing the same, some motionless and still as stone while others lurch forward. As soon as you get a bearing on your place and senses you can finally get a look at what's happening. The landscape seems nothing unusual, long rolling hills with many large open flat areas. Trees can be seen to either side very far in the distance, very little wild life can be seen, but there is lots of movement and noises by you. The sky seems clear, few clouds, a bright sun and very normal temperature. The humidity isn't bad very plain, it seems like the perfect day....almost.

A troll catches your eye walking off in the distant with about twenty five other. You then get a chance to re-look at everything, Gray renders following a group of villagers. Griffons, Roc's, and dragons, all colors all sizes and shapes, they all seem to be heading to a mountain so far off in the distance that it has to be impossibly tall and large. Goblins emerge from similar portals with the same lash back, immediately retreating into the forest behind you. All races, all monsters, and so many things are appearing at once, different times and places. Finally you see a sign in front of you, beside it supplies, mountains of it.... Nails, wood, paint, everything to build houses...maybe a town?

The sign reads, 'Welcome to your new home and your fresh start, your escape. Here are the building blocks to your new life.'
-Invictus Juliani

KingGoblin Aug 19 '12 2:13pm



Standing up unsteadily, and stretching his wings cautiously, the black-skinned humanoid turned to make sure his tribe had arrived safely. After a couple of experimental flaps, he nodded. "It looks like we have arrived safely," he said, in Strix, to his fellows. "And I guess the rumors were right; people of all races appear to be welcome, here," he continued, with a relieved sigh.

"Let's fly to the mountains, and get ourselves set up," continued, looking hopefully to the tribal elder.

Anchorite01 Aug 19 '12 5:22pm

After looking around, and taking in his surroundings, Griffard stands, letting his legs adjust underneath him. He spreads his arms, enjoying the sun, and begins laughing. "This is, indeed, a new world. Everyone, do your best, and enjoy.". He then settles down his pack, and takes stock of the creatures who remain nearby.

KingGoblin Aug 19 '12 6:55pm

The strix Nuxokog looked at the human, and his wings twitched; he reached, involuntarily, for the quiver on his thigh, before relaxing. "Indeed, Friend," he stated, cautiously.

The winged devil sighed, a smile on his twisted, ape-like face. "I am sorry. Your kind and mine did not get along well, where I am from; but I welcome you, and hope we can live together in peace, here," he stated, as his companions recovered from the shock of transit.

Anchorite01 Aug 19 '12 7:02pm

"Is that right?" Reaching out an open hand, Griffard smiles politely, "I hope you and your companions well, and mean no harm to you, myself".

KingGoblin Aug 19 '12 7:06pm

Nuxokog smiled, a somewhat freakish imitation of a human grin. He extended a hand to grip Griffard's. "Thank you. I am known as Nuxokog, or darkwing, in your language." After the shake, he seemed to relax, as though a large weight was removed from his shoulders. "I have a hard time believing this is true," he confessed. "A new world, where we can all live in peace... I wish you and yours well, of course, also. We want nothing but good trading, and, well, peace."

Dredge Aug 19 '12 7:23pm

You take a second look at your tribe and notice many of them are missing, you know they went through with you but aren't present. Your lost in this threat when you hear a scream beside you, a peasantry looking man and his family were scuttling away from you in fear, "Demons, he let Demons in this realm, this place isn't safe, run run." He herded his family away, eyeing you the entire time.

KingGoblin Aug 19 '12 7:28pm

Nuxokog raised his hands, away from his weapons, and backed away from the humans calmly. His wings flexed, ready to fly at a moment's notice. "Be calm, Friends," he extolled, with concern. "I am no demon," he stated, glancing again at what is left of the tribe, aware that most of them don't speak common, and are in no condition to fight.

Nuxokog watched as the peasant ran, ready to put himself in the way if the man became violent, to protect what was left of his tribe. "We mean you no harm."

Anchorite01 Aug 19 '12 7:32pm

With a heavy sigh, Griffard turns to the family. "Gentle family, I ask you to remain, and at least speak with these fellow creatures. It has been a strenuous trip here, and they are as weary as you. I, a fellow human, will act as protector of you, if anything goes amiss," The wide, heavily muscled man says, in as peaceful a tone as he can.

(Diplomacy
Dice Roll: 1d20+10
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 15)

Dredge Aug 19 '12 7:37pm

((A valiant effort but where they come from Strix are regarded as demons that rule the sky....))

He seemed to relax for a bit when the man tried to reason but he saw Nuxokog again and as though a spark was lit once more he kept running. He family in front, he didn't seem to want to fight if nothing else he was sheilding his family from Nuxokog in case he attacked.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 4:22pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.