Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Ravenloft Case (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=180681)

Raconteur Aug 23 '12 4:42am

Modern Day Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

dystmesis Aug 23 '12 6:11am

So casters are all allowed? (assuming "negotiate and brainstorm possible modifications")

Phuse Aug 23 '12 6:32am

Been looking for a pathfinder game to catch my interest. This looks like a lot of fun.

Raeyns Aug 23 '12 6:35am

I'll try to wiggle a psion out. The setting seems like quite a lot of fun.

Churlish Aug 23 '12 6:43am

This does sound interesting, I'll do my best to come up with an interesting character.

dystmesis Aug 23 '12 12:07pm

Oh, by the way, I don't see anything listed for determining stats

PChubby Aug 23 '12 8:13pm

Interesting setting, I've been looking for a future/modern-ish game for a while.

A few questions for what I have in mind....

- Any changes to the Psychic Warrior or Feral Warrior path?

- Since you're limiting it to Humans is it possible to have the Psionic Aptitude trait for favored class?

- With the addition of guns, do you expect combat to lean heavily to ranged? I'd hate to make a melee oriented char only to end up useless.

- Will this be strictly urban or a mix of natural & urban environments?

And the basic concept to see if it fits...

A lycanthrope who uses training and focus to prevent full transformation but can manifest the positive traits of his condition when needed.

Raconteur Aug 24 '12 12:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dystmesis (Post 5992154)
So casters are all allowed? (assuming "negotiate and brainstorm possible modifications")

Yes and yes. I'm currently working on modifications to the magic rules suited to the setting and will post to the Dark Files website when they're done, hopefully no later than this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dystmesis (Post 5992570)
Oh, by the way, I don't see anything listed for determining stats

Stats will be announced when I call for character creation. I will say this much, it'll be a point buy system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PChubby (Post 5993976)
Interesting setting, I've been looking for a future/modern-ish game for a while.

A few questions for what I have in mind....

- Any changes to the Psychic Warrior or Feral Warrior path?

- Since you're limiting it to Humans is it possible to have the Psionic Aptitude trait for favored class?

- With the addition of guns, do you expect combat to lean heavily to ranged? I'd hate to make a melee oriented char only to end up useless.

- Will this be strictly urban or a mix of natural & urban environments?

And the basic concept to see if it fits...

A lycanthrope who uses training and focus to prevent full transformation but can manifest the positive traits of his condition when needed.

Yes for psychic warrior feral path (as is); no for lycanthrope (OSIRs regulations).

No for psionic aptitude. Humans just have to live with their relative disadvantages.

Guns and ranged weapons of other sorts are ubiquitous. Only crazy people want to actually engage enemies up close and personal. That said, OSIRs doesn't exactly recruit people who are risk averse.

EvilRoeSlade Aug 24 '12 10:46pm

So I know you don't necessarily want a barbarian application, but I have the urge to apply with a claymore-wielding, hard-nosed Irishwoman. Sound okay?

dystmesis Aug 24 '12 11:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilRoeSlade (Post 5998262)
So I know you don't necessarily want a barbarian application, but I have the urge to apply with a claymore-wielding, hard-nosed Irishwoman. Sound okay?

A descendant of Jack Churchill?