Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Los Angeles by Night (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=181530)

Dalara Shadowmist Aug 31 '12 2:54am

Los Angeles by Night

Hello, some of you know me, others do not. I am a big Freeformer, as many know, but I am a fan of VtM, with caveats, as well. The story or the atmosphere is what captivates me most for any game, movie, and so forth. VtM has a very enticing atmosphere.

While I am the GM of this game, I am running it a little more like a cooperative story. I am not revealing the main-plot, but otherwise I am constantly making sure a player can give input on what happens and how he might like to have his character do things.

Also, an important note, this will not be a strict VtM system game. I took on the mantle of GM after the previous GM pulled a vanishing act. If I had started this game, it would have been freeform. In this case, it is not, but its very rules light. I've only had a player make a roll once so far. The rest has been pure roleplaying.

The game is light on combat and heavy on roleplaying. There is mystery, some intrigue, lots of PC/NPC interactions, and room for more. I and the current players are wanting more diversity, thus why I've opened this up to new players. I do not advise heavy combat PC's, as that is just not how this game is flowing. If your character is combat oriented, then they at least need to be fully capable in the social arena as well.

I am seeking at least 3 (maybe 4) new players.

Positions Open: 3 Ancilla or Neonate Vampires, and or 1 Gangrel Primogen (Elder). Each Vampire, Primogen aside, will be from Sacramento. They are not native to L.A. Only the Primogen is from L.A. Make backgrounds accordingly.

The Gangrel Primogen will be newly ascended to the position. Keep that in mind for background.

Gangrel Primogen Position Filled

Restrictions

The below is a list of things that I will only allow. Anything else will be denied.

-Players Book
-Guide to the Camarilla
-Maybe clan books (though I don't have them all).
-NO clans other than Camarilla clans please. I know everyone loves the exotic ones, but this game is not friendly to other clans. L.A. is slowly slipping towards a war and the Prince will not be so lenient with outsider's. Especially since just about every none-Camarilla clan hates and or abuses the Camarilla to their own benefit.

For Character Creation rules, see this thread - http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=181529

For Character creation comments, questions, etc, please direct your attention to this thread - http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthre...83#post6018983

Expected Posting Rate
Once or Twice a week. The game is a bit slow, which is fine. If you can post more, that is fine. I can post a varied amount a week based on sleep, school, work, etc.

Style of Gameplay

This game is more sandbox centric, but has a main story plot to participate in. The new vampires will be more involved in the main plot, due to necessity and plot hook, but can still branch out to do other things in the city. Other plots can be created as well.

Important notes

-I am downplaying Tremere magic, as I feel its entirely too powerful. Be aware that if you want to play a Tremere, it may not be worth it for you. Why then do I not just be rid of them? The campaign already had established Tremere, so instead I elected to just downplay the magic.

-A Gangrel Primogen position is open, but I will only accept a really good ap + good player. The last player Primogen's were not, in my opinion, cut out to play a Primogen. If I don't get the quality I want, I'll just NPC the primogen myself.

-The game forum is rather cluttered. Unfortunately it is a symptom of the game having been archived. I tried cleaning it up, but it didn't work very well due to cloned threads and so forth. Ignore the Main Thread Group. It will probably just confuse you.

Ignore the old game description. I wish I could edit it, but I don't know if its possible. This is my first time GMing under the new Game forum style, compared to the one MW had a few years back. The new Description below is up to date and relevant.

Game Description (New)

With the siring of a young Brujah, Becky Hart, L.A. is once more thrown out of balance. The largest city of the Golden state has existed in an uneasy peace between the Camarilla and the Anarch's. Both made an alliance against the Sabbat, and 8 years prior, beat back a savage invasion. Now all is threatened by a young Anarch Baron who mysteriously has called out a bloodhunt on the Camarilla Sheriff and former Brujah Primogen.

It is suspected that the sire of the young Becky, was a close friend or lieutenant of the young Baron Fausto, but that is unconfirmed. Even so, Fausto's rash behavior seems uncharacteristic. Another disturbing fact was discovered from a disillusioned Anarch Fausto is consorting with Giovanni for some unknown purpose. This chilling fact has led the Prince to sanction a kill or capture order on the Giovanni in an attempt to end the potential Giovanni threat and find out what their purpose in the city is.

Prince of L.A., Prospero Colonna, has sent out a message to the Prince of Sacramento, Derrek Herschel, asking for aid. Herschel has decided to provide the aid asked for and is sending some of his most promising Kindred down to help keep L.A. in Camarilla hands. With this aid, Prince Colonna hopes to quickly resolve the problems brewing, and bring L.A. back to the calm established 8 years ago.

GreatBeyonder Aug 31 '12 2:59am

Quite interested, and I have played the video game as well. Will have to think what sort of character I would play, but I should have a rough draft before the end of the night.

pyresight Aug 31 '12 3:26am

Oh dear, this is tempting. I was going to apply for the original run as an elder, then...well. Life got in the way. I would presume Giovanni would be a bit complicated given the Prince's orders...Still, I have a few concepts I might be able to flesh out across varying clans. You'll have something by tomorrow. :)

Maybe Old Clan Tzimisce...

Fell Aug 31 '12 3:47am

Interested.

However, all my experience is with NWoD. How hard would it be to make the shift to OWoD?

pyresight Aug 31 '12 3:56am

If this game is pretty true to the book, it's mostly fluff. The core mechanics are pretty much the same with some minor exceptions, the most notable being no Blood Potency if you're more familiar with VtR.

Clans and bloodlines are also different, and the factions are as well. As is the creation myth.

Dalara Shadowmist Aug 31 '12 4:01am

I actually have never played NWoD, so I cannot help you with that, sorry. I've got into OWoD, and stubbornly refuse to change, heh.

Pyre: Yeah, Giovanni would not be a good idea. As a clan they are interesting in a sense, but this game they are basically the bad guys, as far as the Kindred of L.A. are concerned.

Cyridan Aug 31 '12 8:47am

Interested in playing, but my knowledge of the system/world is a bit sparse. I know just enough to realize how little I actually know, will that be a problem?

Dalara Shadowmist Aug 31 '12 9:39am

No prob. Do you have a book at least? I have the Revised version. Even if you get the 20th anniversary edition (I think that's its name), that will work too.

Do you have any ideas for a character or you just testing the water?

zenninpo Aug 31 '12 9:10pm

Sent a PM to the Boss. Waiting to see which background would fit better before I put stats to paper.

Arkaym Aug 31 '12 9:39pm

I'm new to the system, own the book and have played through the game countless times. Am I okay to apply?