Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Middle Earth really let itself go... (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=184592)

Schilcote Sep 29 '12 2:10pm

Middle Earth really let itself go...

PCs will be a party of adventurers recruited by the High Council. Can I please have at least three players this time? Please?

Will posting a picture of a kitten help? A baby seal maybe?

Anyway, point total is 150 (disadv. limit 50), and we'll be running with the Basic Set, GURPS Magic, and Mass Combat if the need arises. No Low-Tech, sorry.

I think part of the reason I get so little participation in these games is that few people know GURPS. Well, the cool thing about GURPS is, you can download a super-condensed version of the rules here (just add it to your cart and checkout as if you were going to buy something, the site will notice you're only buying free things and not ask you for payment info). You'll need my help actually creating a character, but I'm more than willing to provide.

Anyway, post-apocalyptic generic fantasy. You'll be on a task to investigate rumors that the insane wizard (of the coast) Glyiglax is still alive, and trying to finish the job.

GM BIO:

Hi, I'm Schilcote. I've had a recent rash of games failing or even just being stillborn, but before then I was a pretty dependable GM. You can usually count on me for at least a turn a day, though sometimes things interfere with that. I'm also somewhat funny, and awfully creative when the need arises. Go ahead, don't be shy, sign up! You'll be glad you did.

Machoo Sep 29 '12 2:12pm

posting interest, working on a character concept now

dekova Sep 29 '12 4:34pm

Consider this my indication of interest. Initial concept is a Dwarven crafter / earth mage. Close second is generic druid guy.

PolkaBear Sep 29 '12 4:45pm

I've never played GURPS before, but it sounds like you're open to training folks. (I'm usually quick enough on the uptake that it shouldn't be too painful. I hope.)

Schilcote Sep 29 '12 4:55pm

Yup, don't worry, it's easy to pick up once your past the OH GOD CHARACTER CREATION IS SO BORING WHY DOES THIS TAKE THREE HOURS phase.

Knew this game would be a success.

darkninja0200 Sep 29 '12 6:56pm

hmmm I may be interested in this. If you are willing to teach me GURPS :3. I'm usually full of questions on how things work so please don't get too annoyed D:

Note: I do have a bunch of GURPS PDF's. I did tyhis figuring I wanted to learn GURPS

joppeknol Sep 29 '12 7:21pm

Interested, though I might not be able to post an application before friday.

Machoo Sep 29 '12 8:41pm

is gurps martial arts allowed?

PolkaBear Sep 29 '12 9:46pm

Is this game intended to be comic or slapstick? Or should we just expect to encounter/create comic moments? I'd be more likely to put together an oddball character in the former case.

I also noticed that there's a "GURPS Fantasy" book. Should I look into it? You didn't list it in the ad, but it sounds relevant.

Schilcote Sep 29 '12 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machoo (Post 6127250)
is gurps martial arts allowed?

I suppose, but don't rely too heavily on it 'cos I don't have it.

Quote:

Is this game intended to be comic or slapstick? Or should we just expect to encounter/create comic moments? I'd be more likely to put together an oddball character in the former case.

I also noticed that there's a "GURPS Fantasy" book. Should I look into it? You didn't list it in the ad, but it sounds relevant.
Nope, it's serious. Which isn't to say it won't have funny bits of course, but it's a serious story.

Actually, GURPS Magic mentions Fantasy a few times. I doubt we'll need it, and anyway I know for a fact I can't afford it.