Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Rod of Seven Parts (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=184744)

Scarecrow71 Oct 1 '12 4:43am

The Rod of Seven Parts

Come one, come all! An campaign of epic proportions, with the ultimate goal of finding the most fabled of all artifacts - the Rod of Seven Parts - is now accepting applications for would-be cannon fodder orc-bait battlefield paint adventurers!

Yes, this campaign will eventually culminate with the grand campaign the Rod of Seven Parts, but it will not start there. The Forgotten Realms are large, and adventure and wonder can strike anyone at any time from anywhere. Even right there behind you!

Seriously though, applications are being accepted for a group to start low and aim high. Seems simple enough: start at 1st level, travel throughout the Realms, battle evil, solve mysteries, make a name for yourself, get noticed by the gods, find a legendary artifact, kill a legendary foe...well, let's just start with 1st level, travel, and trying to battle evil, shall we?

Applications for characters are to be placed in THIS FOLDER.
All the applicable rules for the campaign, to include character creation, can be found in THIS FOLDER.

Applications will be accepted until the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) on October 13, 2012, with the selected party being notified no later than the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) October 15, 2012.

So please - if you are interested, apply. Who knows - you may get lucky enough to be the one who holds the completed Rod at some point in your career...

SCARY WIZARD Oct 1 '12 5:17am

Posting some interest.

EDIT: Had a dubm, abilitiy score generation is in the .PDF.

ragnarrahl Oct 1 '12 5:26am

Ooh, i see a fairly organic attribute method. I'll probably be calling in a little help in working out the details, due to lack of books, if anyone cares to offer it. Reading houserules right now, then I'll roll, get some sort of concept, and figure out what questions I have from there.

SCARY WIZARD Oct 1 '12 5:30am

Alright, now I do have a legitimate question: Is there a rolling thread? I want to say "Character Creation", but I've been wrong before!
I've always wanted to take place in one of these big name modules...it's another notch on my Belt of Giant Strength! First one was Tomb of Horrors.

Scarecrow71 Oct 1 '12 5:44am

All dice rolls for your character should be contained within the character thread.

Kerim Oct 1 '12 3:08pm

If I knew how AD&D worked, I would join this just to make a 'rod' joke.

Whisper Oct 1 '12 5:44pm

Including the Game System in an ad title is unnecessary; that's what we have those nifty system handles for ;)

Title changed.

Scarecrow71 Oct 1 '12 5:52pm

My bad. Just wanted to make it easier on everyone who read the title. I'll try to remember that if, in the future, I decide to run another game. :D

Selwyn Oct 1 '12 5:56pm

A first level AD&D Forgotten Realms game............mmmmm mmmm good.

SCARY WIZARD Oct 2 '12 12:26am

Another relevant question!: What year - or time period - will we be adventuring in? Deneir is pretty much extant in every time period but post-Spellplague, but I'm just curious.