Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Archive (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=328)
-   -   New character applications (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=185426)

KillerK Oct 7 '12 5:34am

New character applications

Put your apps here, dice rolls and all. Just please, for tidiness' sake, put your rolls in spoiler tags.

ALSO, please specify which group you are applying for. The groups are so different and their needs in their new character are so different that I can't consider the same application for both groups.

Loose format I want:

Group 1 or 2:
Name:
Race:
Alignment:
Background:
Appearance:

Background can be as long as you want as long as you convey your character to me.

steampunkadept Oct 7 '12 5:50am

Stat block:
Dice Roll:
4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1
d6 Results: 5, 5, 4 (Total = 14)
d6 Results: 4, 4, 4 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 4, 5, 6 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 3, 6, 6 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 5, 3, 3 (Total = 11)
d6 Results: 5, 5, 6 (Total = 16)

http://i.imgur.com/jL8iK.jpg

Dark Premonition and Cute Things Lover are the flaws I'm taking

Can fit in Either group: As a primary healer type for group 1 (in which Healing Hymn, Touch of Healing, and Augment Healing will let me heal HP as well, if not better than a cleric), or with Group 2 as an Arcane Savant (which, once I reach level 6, will be augmented by the Chameleon class, and then at level 11 when I hit Fochlucan Lyrist where my level in Sorceror will start gaining in power as well)

Name: Pania Isadian
Race: Human (After careful consideration, I'm going to need the feats and the bonus skill points)
Alignment: NG
Class: Bard 2, Druid 3 (Going into Chameleon, then Eventually into Fochlucan Lyrist)

Just needed to point out, I don't normally write my character backgrounds in this (first person) style, but in this particular case, and for the type of character it is, it seemed appropriate. Something about playing a Bard just screams to me that the character's back story should be done in the character's own voice.

Appearance: Lithe and tall, though typically human. Pania wears her long black hair loose. Her blue eyes are gem-like, though haunted. Staring into them is like looking into the essence of a tortured soul. She tends to wear loose, more natural clothing in earthen colors, and though she professes to be a bard by profession, she seems more druidic in her style and carriage.

oldkingkoal Oct 7 '12 6:41am

Slayer of WhiteName: Fintiraussir
Race: Arctic Kobold
Alignment: N-L
Class: Sorcerer-[5] going Dracolexi next lvl

Stat block
Appearance
Personality
Background

I plan on making him the party's Nuke and Lore monkey as soon as he lvls into Dracolexi.
Sorry about the sketchy character pic. I hurriedly threw it together, but I have a much better colored pic for the character in the works.
Also, I cant remember if the age thing was what you were talking about abusing kobolds, but I made him middle aged. As a dragon wrought he doesn't take the penalty for age (Races Of The Dragon Pg:39). However if that is what you were talking about with the abuse I have the stats set up so that I can apply the penalties without rearranging everything. I really dont care if he takes the penalties, I just wanted an excuse to RP him as an old grump.
Also, I dont know how much of the Races of the Dragon fluff you allow so I left him without the draconic rite of passage.
also, Ty to Vox for the App template

EDIT:
Im sorry if my character doesn't have a lot of ties to the setting, When making a character I tend to try and avoid stepping on the DMs toes when it comes to their story. I tend to leave my characters history open to the DMs interpretation. But I would suppose Fins story would have some involvement with that White Dragon big bad boss character you mentioned in one of the area descriptions.

ClockworkAngel Oct 7 '12 8:36am

EDIT: It's pretty bad when you get an 18 and you still have an overall average stat mod of +3... point buy it is. Alright, since someone beat me to the Sorcerer punch for group 2, aiming for a Cleric for group 1... though I may make up a second app for group 2 later if I have the time.

EDIT2: Okay, character app is up. Sheet is mostly done, just a few tweaks left.

Name: Wynessa Garret
Race: Arctic Gnome
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Cleric (Hleid)
Appearance: See
Background: Wynessa (Wyn or Wynnie to her friends) hails from a tiny fishing village at the base of the Skyspear Mountains as they descend into the northern seas; though technically part of Teth, its remote location (being only accessible normally by sea) has left it mostly isolated for centuries apart from the occasional passing ship. It was so isolated, in fact, that none of the newer gods had any influence whatsoever, and mostly everyone still worshiped Hlied when most of the north had long since passed her on during her "death". Wyn was the younger daughter of the village priest, and by all accounts had a fairly happy if uneventful childhood. Both her sister and her were trained by their father as servants of Hleid, and both did well.

However, by the time she was reaching adulthood, Wyn was beginning to feel just a little stir crazy from having been stuck in the same village all her life. Fortunately, her father was no fool, and, especially as her sister had no similar desire to leave and could thus be trusted to take over once he retired, granted Wyn permission to leave and wander as she saw fit, spreading the word of Hleid to those who had forgotten her name. And so, on the next trading ship, Wyn left and never looked back. She has spent decades traveling along the northern coasts of both Halvar and Teth, aiding those in need and spreading the word of Hleid to anyone willing to listen. In the last few years, she has come to the Drunheim archipelago. Despite the lawlessness and banditry that is rampant throughout it, she has felt something calling her here... or maybe someone.

TheFred Oct 7 '12 10:30am

GROUP 2
So much for rolls in spoiler tags... :)

Gharhaz Icecrack
Chaotic Neutral Male Air Goblin Incarnate 5

GROUP 1

Elena Nightwhisper, Speaker with the Spirits
LN Female Azurin Dread Necromancer/Archivist/Master of Shrouds

Lucky number 13 Oct 7 '12 12:32pm

Group 2! I choose you!

IrielName: Iriel Sondar
Race: Arctic Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good (trending towards neutral)
Class: Sorcerer

Still working on expanding backstory.

attikol Oct 7 '12 8:05pm

Group 2
__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________
Name: Emmet Anders
Race: Human
Alignment:True Neutral (Cares little about morality, but leans towards good unless an artifact is involved in which case god help you if you mistreat it)
Class:Sorcerer/Wizard

Pretty average stats. Link to character sheet. Emmet Anders Probably going to change that a bunch. Don't particularly like some of my items. Oh god have to go back and find the weights for everything. Oh dear lord my hp. A stiff wind could kill me. Alright I have learned of auto rerolling of 1s PRAISE THE BENEFICIAL CREATORS OF THIS SITE.

silverwolfer Oct 7 '12 8:09pm

Stat block:
Dice Roll:
d6 Results: 5, 6, 4 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 6, 6, 6 (Total = 18)
d6 Results: 3, 4, 3 (Total = 10)
d6 Results: 5, 2, 3 (Total = 10)
d6 Results: 6, 3, 4 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 3, 6, 3 (Total = 12)

Game 2

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs24/PRE/..._s0fus_snk.jpg

[/spoiler]
Stat block:
Dice Roll:
d6 Results: 5, 5, 3 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 6, 4, 3 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 5, 4, 3 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 5, 6, 4 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 4, 5, 6 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 6, 4, 2 (Total = 12)

KillerK Oct 7 '12 8:18pm

TheFred, I didn't mention any specific goblin tribes because we're operating on the assumption that they are just as common a sight here as anywhere else, so there are lots of tribes all over the place varying in size, though none are particularly large or threatening.

KillerK Oct 7 '12 8:55pm

**ATTENTION EVERYONE**

I am tentatively upping the new player search to 2, one for each group. Check out the updated game ad for more info.