Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   A New Beginning (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=185493)

Dredge Oct 7 '12 9:30pm

A New Beginning

Character Creation:
It is a 5th level campaign, your starting money is that of a 5th level adventurer. All Items bought must be run through me first, as well any pathfinder book is allowed. Secondly some 3.5 ed is allowed once it is run by me of course with sources cited. I also have roll 4d6 take the highest three re-roll 1-2's. No Chaotic Evil characters please, I will however make exceptions pending character.

Application:
I'm not looking for a character sheet right away, right now I'm looking for a good backstory and character concept. Tying in your backstory to this world is ideal. The application thread in on the forums under "New Applications".

One important note is that if you make a character with faith in any Deity let me know.

Estimated # of Players 6
I'm looking for some good roleplayers as this is a world building campaign. So much of what you do will go down in the history books. I would like a post a day but I am merely looking for a couple times a week. I don't ask for much but I like to see a good character!

Any questions will be answered ASAp!!

Churlish Oct 7 '12 10:03pm

I am interested in this.

Ah, the dice roller has always slightly confused me here, can you tell me what I have to type exactly to get those rolls, or shall I just use something like invisible Castle.

ClockworkAngel Oct 7 '12 10:55pm

Any limits on race/class selection? Specifically, Gunslinger?

PChubby Oct 8 '12 12:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Churlish (Post 6158603)
Ah, the dice roller has always slightly confused me here, can you tell me what I have to type exactly to get those rolls, or shall I just use something like invisible Castle.

6m4d6^3r2z rolls 6 sets of 4d6, keeps the best 3 & re-rolls 1s & 2s. The z displays the totals but mouseover will show the individual results.

Are psionics allowed?

Churlish Oct 8 '12 1:08am

Right, thanks.

Tyoka Oct 8 '12 1:52am

Since this is a planar hub, we're pretty much open ended for backstories, aren't we? All that matters is how we get to the hub, right?

Fawks Oct 8 '12 1:55am

Hmmm.. I may be interested in this. Been hoping a game would start in person, but since that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon I think I may try my hand at forum roleplaying. This will be my first Pathfinder game, but I've played 3.5 a lot in the past. I've had a character idea in mind for Pathfinder that I think could fit well here, but my only concern is how "min-maxy" things will be.

I've been in a few games where most of the players were average, and made decently solid characters. Though one of them just knew about all the tricks out there and was allowed his character in our game. Dips, obscure feats, traits, items, whatever it took to make himself an unbeatable beast. I mean, the rest of us were practically not needed aside from distraction. Haha (I've made that character before too.)

To top it off, he was a great role-player and could talk his way into and out of just about any situation, which was annoying since he always played Lawful Evil. It was hard for us to challenge him on anything with how much he knew.

So basically I'm asking what sort of player and experience level are you looking for?

boykingkilla Oct 8 '12 2:00am

Are monster races allowed?

Celtic Guardian 7 Oct 8 '12 2:00am

Interested as well!

Churlish Oct 8 '12 2:38am

Fully applied now. I have a sheet pretty much done bar the last 500 gold to be spent on misc stuff, and choosing my last few spells.