Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Steampunk and Magic (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=188741)

Schilcote Nov 6 '12 12:10am

Steampunk and Magic

About Me:

Hi, I'm Schilcote, and I've been GMing GURPS for quite a while now- and GMing other systems for even longer! I can generally be counted on for at least a post a day, often more, and I ought not have to drop any games now, since Real Life seems to have evened out for now. So don't be worried that I'll leave after you spent all that time and effort drawing up a sheet.

This Looks Interesting, But I Don't Have GURPS...

Woah, hang on a sec! One of the neatest things about GURPS is that you don't actually need the core rulebooks to play it as long as the GM has them. Instead, you can download the GURPS Lite pamphlet which contains the basic information you'll need to play, though you'll need some assistance setting up your character. The free, open source GURPS Character Sheet program will help as well.

Feel free to ask any questions you may wish.

Propter Hoc Nov 6 '12 12:38am

I know GURPS well enough, but actually have little exposure to Steampunk games. Think I'll still fit in?

Lamech Nov 6 '12 12:38am

Alright then, so is the only magic the standard Gurps: magic spell system? Or are there other forms of magic/supernatural abilities (powers/advantages bought with points,

You mention steampunk: Is there any steampunk so far in the world? (That our characters would know about.) Or will that stuff come later?

You mention the GURPS: Space book. Basically the same question as the steampunk one. Is there space exploration that starting characters would know about?

Cinematic Advantages allowed?

Schilcote Nov 6 '12 2:23am

Yes, Yes, No, Yes.

I completely forgot to describe the setting, of course.

It's set in Victorian England, as you may have guessed. Steam power is quite cheap, since magic can heat things up easily. There's also plenty of physics-bending in action, of course.

There's no space travel as of yet.

And yeah, cinematic adv.s are allowed, within reason (no Rapier Wit).

EDIT:

Propter: Yeah, probably. Just act like you might expect your character to do, whether he's a cowboy, a mad scientist, a ninja, whatever.

Reemos Nov 6 '12 3:00am

Steam punk.... magic....

So... how would a gal go about making a steampunk-ish battle suit/mech with gears and gizmos and smoke stacks and all? :angel:

Schilcote Nov 6 '12 3:06am

Buy it as equipment.

wrathgon Nov 6 '12 3:19am

its been a while since i played GURPS.

Whats the deadline?

Any thread for characters yet?

Schilcote Nov 6 '12 3:21am

I'll start the game once I get enough sheets in- I'm aiming for 5, will settle for 4, and am probably going to get 2.

Zeus Nov 6 '12 3:24am

Man, I was thinking about working on a setting for steam-punk/ weird setting. I think I might suffice for this however.

Schilcote Nov 6 '12 3:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathgon (Post 6268140)
Any thread for characters yet?

GM powers activate! Form of: character thread!