Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Twisted Fairy Tales (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=188927)

mercutio361 Nov 7 '12 8:21pm

Twisted Fairy Tales

Looking for about 6 dedicated players, willing to run the long haul! It's a Grimm's Fairy Tales world, with my own twisted concoctions. It will be a game mixed with action, mystery, espionage and quite likely a large dash of terror and humor!

I'm looking for great roleplayers who can adapt to any situation, and are willing to stick around for a while and remain active as much as possible.
As any who've gamed with me know, I tend to be fairly strict with ability score rolls, so I'm looking for players who are capable of playing out their lot in life with pride instead of wishing to be reincarnated as a rock star. It's good to be the huge famous guy, but nobody gets famous without the intrinsic qualities of the small fry to push them to the top :^^:

Admittedly, this game has the potential to be more lethal than most average 3.5/4e games, but I prefer characters making pressured choices forced by fear for their lives than sitting around a dungeon for 20 minutes arguing over who should do what... Yes, I'm a bit hardcore like that.

The game setting will start with a nice, big potentially bloody battle, so be warned!

Caution:
This game is not for the squeamish or the crybaby. Your character could actually die in this game!

Note: I am by no means out to kill anyone's character, so don't misread the warning label. However, your enemies aren't exactly out to invite you for tea and crumpets, either.

Powderhorn Nov 7 '12 8:31pm

Wait wait wait, first you tell me it's going to be a hard core game where characters are likely to die, then you start everyone off a third level with at least 300 gold to rock and roll with and almost all of your starting equipment already bought? Gary Gygax is rolling in his grave right now!

(But still consider me willing and able to play.)

mercutio361 Nov 7 '12 8:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderhorn (Post 6274484)
Wait wait wait, first you tell me it's going to be a hard core game where characters are likely to die, then you start everyone off a third level with at least 300 gold to rock and roll with and almost all of your starting equipment already bought? Gary Gygax is rolling in his grave right now!

(But still consider me willing and able to play.)

Easy there, champ! You don't even know what's in store yet! *evil grin*

Powderhorn Nov 7 '12 8:35pm

You can't faze me! Let me reference a trap from a level 1 adventure:

You open a door, a ballista bolt shoots out and hits you in the chest. The ballista bolt is on a chain, and winches you back, and once through the door, the door recloses. The bolt and chain are over a pit, and you are pulled over (and, due to gravity) into the pit. You take falling damage. At the bottom of the pit are spikes. You take damage from the spikes. If you somehow survive all of that, there are a pair of undead at the bottom. Keep in mind, the rest of your party has no idea what's going on.

This is all in a level one adventure. Again. Gary Gygax is rolling in his grave right now ;)

mercutio361 Nov 7 '12 8:37pm

Oh how I love high-intensity, 'there's only a slim chance you'll survive past the next level' type games, hehe

Scarecrow71 Nov 7 '12 10:12pm

I'm interested, but as you have seen my dice rolls can be horrible. :D

NJWilliam Nov 7 '12 11:02pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Definitely would like in.
When can we get started putting proposed characters together?

Are stats rolled in order, no switching, or can they be freely assigned?

mercutio361 Nov 8 '12 3:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 (Post 6274847)
I'm interested, but as you have seen my dice rolls can be horrible. :D

Haha! Well with this roll, you have a better chance at getting a decent roll-up!

NJ, just follow the Forum link at the top of the Game Description and to the Character Application thread

3WhiteFox3 Nov 8 '12 6:24am

I posted my character concept for my character in the application thread. Basic idea is a genre-savvy lore master who is always looking for the best stories.

Narmoth Nov 8 '12 12:37pm

How will you recruit? Have to go to my parents home to collect my old gaming books from the basement.
No seriously, I'm not kidding. I only have my pdfs of games on hand