Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Old School Adventures in The Broken Lands (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=189307)

Black Wyvern Nov 11 '12 2:48pm

Old School Adventures in The Broken Lands

Pietro Tradonico, a high standing member of the merchant guild, has hired your group to eradicate a pack of bandits just over the border. He has furnished your group with a guide, a captured member of the bandit gang, who has led the party for nearly a day through the twisted landscape.

The BeginningYour group has been picking your way cautiously through the scrub brush and shattered mesas of the broken lands. As the group approaches a narrow gully that has been cut into the looming cliff wall of the mesa in front of you your guide stops and motions for everyone to take cover.

The bandit stops and points to a tree hanging over the mouth of the gully. “There is a lookout there.” He whispers as he turns and begins heading down the trail you followed here. “My part of this is done. Good luck.” He laughs through a mouthful of rotting teeth.

The Broken Lands will begin with a fresh-faced group of adventurers ready to make their first excursion against the enemies of civilization. The game will start as an old school style dungeon crawl as the players pit their characters against a gang of bandits that have been raiding the trade routes near Corunglain. I am using house ruled Swords & Wizardry White Book, a game meant to emulate the original three brown books D&D. The rules are linked in the Game Description.

I am looking for 4 to 6 players and expecting near daily post rates Monday through Friday.

mercutio361 Nov 11 '12 2:54pm

Another S&W game! Woohoo! This makes three so far! (AlphaDork and myself running the other 2) Good luck! If you have trouble finding players, I'll volunteer to play :^^:

If we keep up at this rate, maybe we can eventually get them to create S&W Character Sheets for the site!

Black Wyvern Nov 11 '12 2:57pm

I know! I have been considering this for a while but you guys got me motivated.

mercutio361 Nov 11 '12 2:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Wyvern (Post 6286716)
I know! I have been considering this for a while but you guys got me motivated.

Haha! I love S&W. It's so simple, but leaves so much room for awesome play.
Oh what the hell. I'll apply!

Edit: However, if enough players who haven't played S&W apply, I'll let them have first pick so that they have a chance to enjoy the system.

Powderhorn Nov 11 '12 4:25pm

I'm always down for more AD&D type games, but... AC that doesn't go from 10 to -10...? I'm not sure I can wrap my head around that one :o

Black Wyvern Nov 11 '12 6:24pm

Yeah I like old school attack tables too but in order to keep the rules short I went with the simpler combat system.

TheStranger Nov 11 '12 8:29pm

I would like to apply if that's okay. I've always wanted to play Swords and Wizardry!

Black Wyvern Nov 11 '12 9:14pm

All applications are welcome.

Sentinel Nov 12 '12 12:25am

This looks interesting but I've never played Swords and Wizardry before. I'll look it over and probably get an app up in the next couple days.

Black Wyvern Nov 12 '12 2:02am

It is a very simple clone. I condensed the rules down to an 18 page Player Handbook.