Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Rise of the Runelords (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=189527)

Hollesea Nov 13 '12 5:40pm

Rise of the Runelords - Closed

Rise of the Runelords
http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/ima..._offerings.JPG

This is going to be a continuing play by post session for all players that are interested in a Pathfinder game from an official Paizo adventure path. This will be following the Rise of the Runelords storyline. However, I'm not just reading from the script here. Some things that are in the official module won't be in this game, some things are being changed around, and yet other events are something that I'm throwing in for some extra flavor that I've used in previous games that I've been involved in as a GM and as a player in the past. I've been playing and I've been a GM in games like this since 1995, so rest assured I've been doing this awhile. Full disclosure, I've never run a game by post before, but I have done a Phantasy Star IV homebrew play by email game a while ago, so I'm planning to run this session in the same kind of fashion.

Anyways, let's get into hooking me some sucker...I mean, some good high quality players. Shall we?

The story will start out in the city of Sandpoint during the Swallowtail Festival. This festival is a celebration to the goddess of Desna. But its also a celebration of wine and song. The atmosphere will be very jovial and high spirited. Everyone will be looking for a little fun and adventure.

Although there will obviously be combat involved, I like to focus more on role playing and quite frankly the rewards will reflect that. Also, if you’ve ever played the Runelords adventure quest, I won’t be going just by that. There will be some changes to fit my style and preferences. So even if you’ve played these modules before, this could still be a new adventure for you.

Some will come to the festival looking for a good time.

Some will come looking for a little adventure.

Some will be looking for a set of means to make some gold for themselves. The town of Sandpoint is a fairly peaceful town, but like all places it does have its share of problems and issues. Troubles that need solving that only a good group of would be adventures can solve.

Insert your own Ominous Music herehttp://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/ima...8/Runewell.jpg
Some have come because of the stories. Stories of darkness and evil. Rumors of a evil device called a Runewell that can only be powered by the souls of the living. In fact, it is said that the more innocent, the more pure that the soul is, the greater the power source is for the evil Runewell. And there are dark forces at work in a hidden labyrinth of evil, hidden, and long forgotten well beneath the streets of Sandpoint that will bring about a great calamity. Souls will be consumed, fires will burn, and the country, let alone the entire world, will never the same if the evil beneath the streets of Sandpoint were to come to full power!

*Thunderclap!*

Dun! Dun! Dun!

But, I mean, who really listens to crazy rumors like that. I mean, heh heh, that would be ridiculous….Wouldn’t it?:angel:

If you are undecided on what you want to do in terms of a background, I've thrown together some background storyline plots that will come into play here. You can use some of these if you wish, but you are by no means obligated to do so. But I thought that this would help you build your characters if you had a little background of what happened before this adventure started.

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the first day of autumn. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive. Several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them. Lunch is provided free of charge from the local vendors as a means to try gave out samples and attract new customers. Little did the happy townsfolk know that their happy little festive would end up a night of terror...

Application link here.

I am looking for four players and I’m hoping to have a good, well rounded party. Something like a melee, DPS, magic-user, healer group. Although I can be flexible as I will be selecting the four players that I think will make for a good and interesting group.

I only have a few restrictions. No third party material. Anything pathfinder, Core Rulebook, Advanced Players guide, etc is ok. I will also allow gunslingers, but bare in mind that in the timeline of this storyline, gunpowder is a rare commodity and that means you'll have to be able to craft your own ammo. Crafting said ammo could also be expensive since guns and gunpowder are fairly rare in this storyline.

Best of luck to everyone who is interested and applies.

Please note that the game will probably not officially start until after Thanksgiving.

Rift Nov 13 '12 6:31pm

A bit curious, the ad says gunslingers are okay but the application thread says they are not. There is also nothing in the application thread about what you'd like in an application, whether stats are being rolled or bought, whether starting gold is rolled, average, or full, etc.

Hollesea Nov 13 '12 6:46pm

Hello, Thanks for showing interest.

You are absolutely right. I'm going to have to correct that. The part that says gunslingers are allowed is the correct choice. Also, go ahead and roll for your starting gold based on your class and this will be with a 15 point buy in.

Can't believe I didn't include that in this. :palm:

Malcom347 Nov 13 '12 6:58pm

Ah. Alright. I was wondering if you just wanted all Fluff since there wasn't to much info. I'm assuming we're also level 1 to start. I could make a sheet if you'd like, but I'd rather be accepted first if you don't mind.

Hollesea Nov 13 '12 7:00pm

Yes, this starts out at level 1.

CockroachTeaParty Nov 13 '12 9:54pm

Posting interest... Hopefully I'll get an app up soon.

storm_kitsune Nov 13 '12 10:02pm

question, are alternate class features allowed?

Hollesea Nov 13 '12 10:45pm

@storm_kitsune, they could be. All of the Core and Base classes are allowed, obviously. I am also allowing the paizo alternative classes of anti-paladin, samurai, and ninja. But I am restricting any third party classes in this game. Mainly because I don't know at this point in time if any of those classes could have load balancing issues. Many of them probably are balanced, but I haven't seen them enough to say yea or nay. And I like having a balanced party.

shadowkiller Nov 13 '12 11:08pm

I am showing interest and will make a spell caster app that i will e-mail to you and put up here when done.

storm_kitsune Nov 13 '12 11:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollesea (Post 6294921)
@storm_kitsune, they could be. All of the Core and Base classes are allowed, obviously. I am also allowing the paizo alternative classes of anti-paladin, samurai, and ninja. But I am restricting any third party classes in this game. Mainly because I don't know at this point in time if any of those classes could have load balancing issues. Many of them probably are balanced, but I haven't seen them enough to say yea or nay. And I like having a balanced party.

I'm considering putting forward a half-orc Monk of the Four Winds, which is why I asked.