Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=63801)

Roi Apr 30 '09 1:27am

Mynd's Eye - A Homebrew Game

This is a homebrew game. It involves my homebrew, your homebrew, and that homebrew you found in that never before looked at part of the web.
I will accept all homebrew, save the obviously broken.
This game will be mainly composed of homebrew, though normal WotC stuff can still be used.
GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Requirements:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Description: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Background: (Optional, will raise your chances of being accepted)
Personality: (3-5 sentences minimum)
Homebrew: (Optional, contributing homebrew will raise your chances of being accepted)
Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

Special Rules will be found in the game thread. Please conduct rolls in the game thread.
Roll/Role play will be about 50/50. I'm looking for people who can post at least 1/two days, but don't expect me to post more than 1/day. Because that's my posting rate.
I do not require a sheet; you do not need to make one until you've been accepted.

And pay no attention to the members requested. I'll take almost any and all applicants.

With your post, put in whether you'd like to adventure as a party with the others, or adventure alone, meeting with the others when you bump into them.

No doubt there will be something I missed
Questions?

Homebrew Accepted:
Osteoroc
Four-Armed
Feral Warrior
Voodoo Doctor
Savage Species (Case-by-case; show me your progression)
Sublime Ranger
Akela's Class Variation
Forever Young
Blue Mage
Psionic Alienist
Gemini Dancer
Alchemist
Dogmen
Kaersis

Homebrew Declined:
Hammer Swinger
Praedar
Errdegahr
Paradox Mage
Entropy Champion
Lesser Wrathful
Aberration Blooded
Intelligent Spiked Gauntlets

Accepted Applicants:
magusheart
LordoftheDucks
akela122301
SkyWindKicker
snakeman830
Vaunrut
kirby096317

Artistshipper Apr 30 '09 2:36am

Sounds fun. I've been meaning to find the Sublime Way Ranger again anyway.

I would like to start in a group if i play this. being alone never struck me as a good idea when there's danger

GothamLord Apr 30 '09 2:55am

Place Holder -

Going to bat around a few ideas in my head.

sidhe_blooded Apr 30 '09 2:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuinncyAether (Post 1920092)
Place Holder -

Going to bat around a few ideas in my head.

what he said, only instead of his head the ideas'll be in my head.

GothamLord Apr 30 '09 3:06am

Yeah I got enough extra voices up in there, I dont need anymore

TwoPi Apr 30 '09 3:29am

I will return with a character!

kirby096317 Apr 30 '09 3:36am

Sounds like fun. I've got a few ideas I'd like to try. I'll throw up some ideas I've got when I find the homebrew then let you decide. Definitly want to go as a party.

Osteoroc Fighter
Four-Armed Creature
Four Armed The (Base) creature has four arms. One is favored and the other arms are considered off-hand. If the (Base) creature has natural weapons, is a monk, or so on, the second pair of arms has the same attack. Otherwise, the creature has no special martial abilities. If the creature is a spellcaster, shields can be worn without spell failure if at least two hands are available for spellcasting.
LA: +1
4-Armed Lesser Wrathful Sorcerer/Paragon
Feral Warrior

Entropy Champion
Paradox Mage

LordOfTheDucks Apr 30 '09 3:38am

I'd like to take my alienist adaptation out for a try. Criticism is invited. For the purpose of this character's background can he have already been fused with his psicrystal (without benefits, of course)?

No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Iue Apr 30 '09 4:21am

Placeholder. do you have savage species? i'm thinking I'll make an ogre.

Iue Apr 30 '09 4:42am

Name: Dreekus
Race: Ogre
Class: Ogre (savage progression), folowed by Hammer Swinger
Description: A very young Ogre, Dreekus large compared to humans, and he wears the breastplate his 'father' got for him proudly. a large Maul hangs from his back, the realiable weapon always within reach. His skin is yellow, like most ogres, though it holds a slightly green tint to it, and he shaves the thick black hair from his head.
Background: Dreekus was raised by adventurers. His former clan was slain in an attempt to lay siege to city, and during the ensuing battles almost all the ogres were wiped out. it was a small clan, of about twenty, so the triplet babies of a single mother were a rarity but a happy one.after the battle, when the babies were found, the adventurers didn't quite know what to do with them - the townsfolk wouldn't take them in, not after the battle they'd just had, so they took the triplets with them.

The wizard, an Elf, took part in educating the three of them, and taught them what a human child would learn in the world, things like reading and writing, though they learned quickly what different kinds of monsters needed to kill them. It was a working education.

The man who was most like a father to them was the knight that had put forth the idea of keeping them in the first place. he taught them the use of weaponry, with Dreekus enjoying most the use of a hammer, Astin loved a greatsword, and Alvrick used a simply longsword. The man was constantly patient with them teaching them everything they needed to know about battle as if he had done so in his past many times.

The third member of the troupe was a bard, a young woman who specialized in singing songs and retelling epic songs and stories. she saw to it that they knew about people in general, and taught each of them a bit of street smarts she'd picked up from her earlier lifestyle as a thief.

Eventually they'd grown old enough to venture out on their own, and Dreekus was given his own weapons and armor and proceeded out into the world on his own, determined to become a successful adventurer like his family. Astin went off to study under the knights that had trained their 'father', and Alvrick settled down in a city, determined to live a calmer life than that of his brothers.
Personality: Dreekus may not always honor laws, but he will act in the way he believes is right. He defends the weak, will not harm the defenseless, and helps people in whatever way he can whenever he can. it's part of his nature - one that might have been supressed had he been raised among ogres
Homebrew: Hammer Swinger, which I linked to in classes
Traits: none
Flaws: Inattentive