Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players! (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=69086)

dystmesis Jul 3 '09 3:11am

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

The Hidden Coast was a game I started a while back mostly for the purpose of me gaining some exp as a PBP DM. I'm mostly just running prepublished adventures, modified to suit my whims. The game started off with the player characters meeting in a dungeon in the middle of a storm and they were supposed to go on many adventures together.

Unfortunately, the game dragged and they're just now out of the dungeon, headed for town. Of the 4 original players, only 1 still remains active in the game. He and another player that joined later are looking for more people to adventure with! That's where you come in!

What I am looking for: 2 to 3 more players to join up with the group as they head into the nearby settlement on their way to the east across the desert.

Dedicated rogue or spellcaster types are encouraged, as the party doesn't really have either. But what I'm really looking for is players that are a) able to post regularly, and b) able to communicate with me if something comes up, if they have an issue with something in the game, or with me, etc.

Character creation:

Sources: Mostly core only, but also open to most things found on d20srd.org (If you're not sure, ask!)
Level: 1
Hit Points: Max at first level
Gold: 100 gp
Races: Generally no monstrous races, unless you really have to play one. Use your own judgement.
Alignment: If you have to ask, "should I play this character?" then you probably shouldn't!
Stats: 30 point buy.

Also, be sure to add a little bit about personality, background, etc. I want a specific goal or two for each character to include in the game.

I'm really not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

bluedolphin359 Jul 3 '09 4:34am

Do you mean 1000 gp, not 100? If so, this sounds great. I'm working on a character right now.

Edit: Finished my character

Name: Amras CarnesÓr
Class: Wizard
Race: Elf
Background: Amras was born just a common elf. When he was just a young child, a traveling bard visited his village. The bard brought little news that was new or important, but for Amras, his visit was the turning point of his childhood. For, in order to gain the trust of the village, the bard would occasionally perform small magic tricks for the young children. While these were but gimmicks, hardly any proof of the true power of the arcane arts, Amras was immediately enthralled. Here was a power far greater than any feats of strength or dexterity. He desired to master it.

After the bard left, Amras began to do research into arcane magic. Despite his low standing, he was able to enter a school for wizards via a scholarship, granted to him due to his power. Graduating from the university with high honors, he found himself at a dead end regarding how to better himself next. He realized that he could not improve his power in his current location, and so decided to hit the road, hoping to learn more magic from other practitioners of the art, maybe even creating his own spells.

Appearance: Amras is a moderately good-looking elf. His dark brown hair always looks windswept, and his eyes are a warm, chocolate shade. His robes are slightly dirty from traveling, and he seems generally to be ill at ease in social situations.

Personality: Amras’ main desire is to expand his power. However, he tries to remain humble about it. He does not desire to gain attention through boasts, but rather to earn it through his arcane abilities. He is not a generally open person, but those who are close to him find another side of him, one which is warmer and friendlier.

Hesstruk Jul 3 '09 4:48am

Name: Goran the Exceptional
Class: Wizard
Race: Human
Background: Born to a rich noble family Goran had it all growing up. At an early age he was tutored by the finest teachers, including powerful wizards. Spoiled with everything the boy took a casual indifference to his studies in the beginning. He thought that since he already had it all, what was the purpose in working for more? But soon he found that nothing could satiate his lust for power, or the fact that he was cut off from the family fortune due to a falling out with his father.

While still but a boy he started using his charm to convince females into doing just about anything for him. Eventually many of them saw through to his self-centered nature, but not after he got what he wanted. Even to this day Boran has female followers who would in all likelihood give their lives for him. Upon growing into adulthood he found that sometimes his charm alone could not get him what he wanted. Thus he sought adventure, both to enhance his skills and gather powerful items.

Appearance: Tall and remarkably handsome, Boran seems to always stand out while in a crowd. His perfectly kept blonde hair frames a tanned face, while his sky blue eyes hold the attention of nearly every lady he meets. His clothes are only ever of the finest quality that never seem to be out of place. Sparkling jewelry can be found all over his body, and any item he carries is of highest quality he can afford .

Personality: Above all Boran seeks power, fame and glory. That said he still has his own moral code which he will not cross in his quest. Every spell he casts is an elaborate show designed to draw the attention of those who see it. Many times he will stop what he is doing in order to proclaim loudly his intentions before acting, just to make sure others are watching. His arrogance is almost as great as his skill with the Art. Quick to try and take up the mantle of leadership he lets his opinions be known by all.

dystmesis Jul 3 '09 5:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedolphin359 (Post 2139173)
Do you mean 1000 gp, not 100? If so, this sounds great. I'm working on a character right now.

Um, no. I meant 100 like I wrote :)

ninjaguineapig Jul 3 '09 7:14am

oh, good. about time you set up a recruitment thread. Sayar is rapidly getting bored of Louie's one-line answers.

phoenik Jul 3 '09 8:38am

I'm assuming this is a 3.5e game? I've been dying to finally get into a game and I have no problem rolling as skill monkey. But would a ranger be better?

Name: Min Blackstone
Class: Rouge
Background: Min was born unto a blacksmith and his wife in a relatively quiet town. His life was fairly average outside of the usual complexities involved in the teen to young adulthood years; friends, girls, and work... plenty of work. As Min began to become his own man, he and his father clashed bitterly. Conflict came to a head after nearly a year of bickering and occasional fighting, eventually causing Min to be kicked out of the house with little more than the skills he had gained and a few personal effects. The ordeal left Min angry inside and without a moral compass from which to use to make decisions. As such he used his skills for good... or evil, depending on which paid better or kept him alive a littler longer while on the road. Several years of this type of life made Min a complex character, internally pitting the good nature of his heart against the cold reality and bitterness of memory and thoughts. Having completed his last job, Min found himself caught in the middle of a storm while trying to make his way to the next town.

Fusecase Jul 3 '09 9:21am

With two wizards vying for admittance...

Name: Beauregard Picswitch
Class: Cleric of Pelor
Background: Born the youngest of eight children to a peasant family near a small village. Beauregard was the runt and had to fight for anything he received. He was always strong willed and never backed down from a fight, especially with his older brothers. Eventually he had to run away from home and found himself at the village blacksmith begging for work. The main client of the smithy was a major branch of the organized holy churches. Beau learned to craft holy symbols from his early age, and with a bit of curiosity found himself making the deliveries. Within his years of work he had stopped being a runt and became a strong armed man of good faith. Along his path he had a fevered dream of a holy mace crafted by reflected daylight and days of prayer, able to cut a swathe through the greatest void of darkness and cast a resplendent aura of light, from that dream Beauregard has been on a personal quest to find others who have heard this holy call from Pelor to craft such a divine cudgel.
Appearance: Beau is a big man, nearly 7' tall and 4' broad. Never without his handmade holy symbol, his outfits always show his long red hair and great red beard. His hands are hard, calloused and rough, yet always gentle onto the innocent. Always wearing simple garments, mainly because his frame is simply too large to supply with nice cloth.
Personality: Though most won't assume so, Beau is always ready for a fight. When his temper is riled he is like the beating midday sun in the desert. But behind all that is the kindness of a warm morning sun, comforting and constant. He would never back down from defending a friend, nor would he ever back away from an affront to his honor or his god. "Life is a treasure, hard work and good works can help you make everyday feel more like rewards than simple days."

dystmesis Jul 3 '09 9:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenik (Post 2139818)
I'm assuming this is a 3.5e game? I've been dying to finally get into a game and I have no problem rolling as skill monkey. But would a ranger be better?

The party right now is a fighter and a ranger. There's a bard and a monk travelling with them, both from now-absent players (that I will probably get rid of soon), and a druid (also from an absent player) that's wandering around seperately.

And yes, it's 3.5

ninjaguineapig Jul 3 '09 10:57am

whoo! rangers! Archery all the way!
Can I assist in the decision making?

bluedolphin359 Jul 3 '09 2:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dystmesis (Post 2139427)
Um, no. I meant 100 like I wrote :)

Yeah, that makes more sense. I'm stupid, sorry.