Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)
-   Games & Ads (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   The Village of Hillsdale (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=96217)

EpiclevelRic May 11 '10 4:56am

The Village of Hillsdale

I am looking for a maximum of five players and will probably cap at four unless I get some truly outstanding concepts. Edit: I will be holding applications open until Next Wednesday.

Also because the setting information is going to be updated continuously the best thing to do is check this link every so often.

Here is the character template

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name
Race
Concept(Warriror, rouge, healer, etc.)
Weapon Skills(What weapons does your character know how to use well)
Other skills(What kind of things does your character know how to do? Feel free to choose quite a few but don't get silly)

Description

Personality

Background

Ambitions/Dreams

Silverkiss May 11 '10 5:03am

Tentative interest.... Is there more information about the world/setting/possible plots to be had?

EpiclevelRic May 11 '10 5:11am

The basics: Mid magic high adventure fantasy. Part of what I am hoping will happen is that the world will develop as the characters develop. I have only the barest sketch of where I am going to go with this but don't worry, I have had quite a bit of success with this process in the past. Honestly, a lot of the plots will depend on what you choose to do as a character.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I also will be putting down information about the village and surrounding area in the game forum itself over the next couple of days. Please feel free to drop by there and give it a look see.

Silverkiss May 11 '10 5:15am

Interesting, interesting. Well, I'll be waiting for said information, and mulling over concepts on my head in the meantime. It's hard to do a free-form game right, and alas it is the best system (or lack of), in my opinion. You might want to try advertising your game in the Free-Form Player Listing, in the General Discussion forum. I'm too tired at the moment to give you a link, sorry.

Either way, how many players are you going for? I find that it gets harder and harder to make a good game the more players you have, so I'd be wary of applying if you want more than four or five. Still, it's worth a shot, I think.

EpiclevelRic May 11 '10 5:19am

I think I am going to have a cap at four and will consider five if I have a lot of great concepts. I will edit the description so people know that. Thanks for bringing that up.

I also agree free forms are hard to do right. That is why I intend to be a little on the picky side and also plan to do some discussion before gaming actually starts. to let you know I do have a lot of freeform experience and have generally been successful...

laughingowl May 11 '10 5:46am

I've been in at least 10 EpicLevelRic games and the way he free forms works very well both for the player adaptability and player freedom. Plus as the characters develop he can use that really well. *we have played together for 7 years now.

Miss Kitty May 11 '10 5:52am

This sounds interesting, but I don't know if I have time to make a character concept. If I do, I'll apply. If not, I'll probably join as a reader.

EpiclevelRic May 11 '10 5:54am

Well Miss Kitty either way would be happy to have you along for the ride!

Valeiru May 11 '10 2:57pm

I am expressing interest in this. I have never done a free form game before but have been wanting to give it a shot. I have a few concepts running around in my head and will get one of them to you as soon as i can flesh it out a bit

Codger May 11 '10 3:35pm

How do you plan on handling the disparity of ages between human teenagers and dwarven or elven teenagers, which could easily take twice as many years or more to reach the same relative maturity?