Of Rogues and Scoundrels
Guild of Thieves - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Ad Closes: Oct 31 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 6
~ Guild of Thieves ~
~ Of Rogues and Scoundrels ~
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e
Forgotten Realms, the continent of Faerūn.
Fantasy / Power Level:
High Fantasy / High Power
Scardale, in the Dalelands.
Dice Roll or Point Buy: 6m5d6v2
or 36 Point Buy (Default to Point Buy if rolls are below 36 Point Buy)
Available Base Classes:
- Human (PHB (Regional, Calishan / Chondathan / Damaran / Illuskan / Mulan / Rashemi / Tethyrian and lesser ethnic groups in RoF), Mongrelfolk, Underfolk)
- Half-Elf (PHB (Half-Eladrin), Half Drow [RoF])
- Half-Orc (PHB Only)
- Dwarf (PHB, Dream Dwarf, Lesser Duergar, Gold [RoF], Shield [RoF], Wild [RoF])
- Elf (PHB (Eladrin), Lesser Drow, Gray, Wild (Green) [RoF / PHB], Wood [RoF / PHB], Moon (MOD: +2 CHA, -2 WIS) [RoF], Sun (MOD: +2 WIS, -2 DEX) [RoF])
- Gnome (PHB, Lesser Svirfneblin, Forest Gnome, Whisper Gnome, Rock Gnome (MOD: +2 INT, -2 WIS) [RoF])
- Halfling (Lightfoot (as PHB), Deep, Tallfellow, Ghostwise (MOD: -2 CHA, +2 STR) [RoF], Strongheart (as PHB))
- Extaminaar [CoR], Krinth [CoR]
- Spirit Folk (Mountain and River) [UE]
- Deep Imaskari [Und]
- Tasloi [SS]
- Changeling, Shifter, Doppleganger Racial Progression (RoD)
- Goblin (No Variants), Kobold (No Variants), Orc (No Variants), Hadozee, Kenku, Darfellan
- Elan, Maenad, Xeph, Synad
- Skarn, Duskling, Rilkan
- Barbarian (Ape, Serpent Totem, City Brawler)
- Fighter (PHB, Survivalist, Thug [UA], Elusive Attack [PHB2], Counterattack [PHB2])
- Monk (PHB, Chaos Monk, Martial Monk, Sidewinder Monk)
- Paladin (Anarch, Enforcer)
- Swashbuckler (CAdv, Shield of Blades)
- Soulknife, Divine Mind, Psychic Warrior
- Bard (PHB, Bardic Knack [PHB2])
- Cleric (PHB, Benevolent, Cloistered Cleric)
- Druid (Urban Druid, Wind Walker)
- Dragon Shaman (Black, Brass, Copper, Red, White) [PHB2]
- Sorcerer (PHB, Battle Sorcerer, Focus Caster)
- Wizard (PHB, Filidh, Focus Caster, Abrupt Jaunt Conjurer, Glimpse Peril Diviner, Prescience Diviner, Social Proficiency Enchanter, Shadow Shaper Illusionist, Illusion Master Illusionist)
- Beguiler [PHB2], Duskblade [PHB2], Hexblade, Spellthief
- Warlock (CArc, Fiendish Flamewreath)
- Psion, Wilder, Ardent
- Swordsage (ToB)
- Shadowcaster (ToM)
- Incarnate (MoI)
- Ranger (PHB, Non-Spellcasting Ranger, Urban Ranger, Distracting Attack)
- Rogue (PHB, Disruptive Attack)
- Scout (CAdv, Dungeon Specialist, Sniper)
- Psychic Rogue
"Class" isn't necessarily job. Choose a 'role' first, then choose abilities to suit it. Feel free to adjust the title, concept, or backstory of the classes provided to fit your character, not the other way round.
Max Per Character Class
Max for 1st Level, roll for successive levels.
Does not exist. The one thing I insist upon is some devotion to the group, but beyond that, your morals are your own.
Maximum of 1.
1 is Required
. Bonus Feat can come from any resource. No more than one flaw is permitted.
Player's Guide to Faerūn, as per the regional documentation on pages 6-31.
Notoriety will be a specific property in this game that will track the group's (and individual's) notoriety, which will no doubt affect the pressure the group feels in their current place of crime. Higher notoriety will draw the attention of law enforcement, skilled bounty hunters, and the players will find that procuring assistance will come at an increasing cost. There will be several ways to decrease notoriety, including moving to a new city, or by setting people up to take the fall for them.
Who are you? What do you look like? What things are noticeable about you?
Are you a skill-monkey? An enforcer? A scout? A sneak?
The more detail, the better.
I don't expect a novel here. Why are you in this line of work? Give a quick setup, under 500 words or so.
What makes your character tick? Just a brief outline of the character's way of thinking.
Applications go HERE
Die Rolls go HERE
You've found yourself a member of the Night Knives, a copycat guild named after the ill-fated guild of the same name from Sembia to the south. The guild is small, at the moment, and you're not much better than new recruits. Coin is sparse, you've got little support, but there are always jobs to be found. You've scored a few small victories, but you're all confident that your big scores are just around the corner.
You are a rogue, a scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well. You've fallen in with a group of bandits and folks of similar reputation. In the space of a couple of jobs here and there, you've come to find yourself trusting them, an unusual feeling to have in your line of work. As things start to heat up, you'll find yourself thrust even closer, depending on each other to stay wealthy, safe, and alive.
This game is intended to take a solid group of players, thrust them into the dark underbelly of Faerūn, and use a mixture of notoriety, infamy, and social climes to spur them on to action, either reckless or relatively 'safe'. This will be a game of survival and the search for the biggest score.
Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative place where no one else has ever been. ~Alan Alda
Last edited by Aiden; Sep 30 '11 at 9:12pm..