View Single Post
Old Oct 5 '12, 11:38am
Something...

A New Gods for Mankind Game

New Gods for Old Worlds - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Have you ever wanted to be a God? If so, this game is for you! Take on the mantle of divinity and lead your people through turmoil and darkness, tend to their needs, bless their crops and crush their enemies. Only you can protect your followers.

I am looking either for a Pantheon of up to 5 Gods, or 4-5 individual Gods working in a similar area (or some version of these two, like a Trinity of Gods and then two individual Gods...), so please inform me in your application whether you are willing to have your God as a part of a Pantheon. If you decide to play a Pantheon, please feel free to create together.

Applications are to be made here, please create your own thread with the name of your God as the title. For the moment all I am looking for is a description of your God, their personality and how they feel toward their followers. Also include what your would like their primary domain to be in, this should be vague e.g. War, Love, Victory, Judgement, Law etc... Also include three secondary domains, these are more specific than your primary domain, and should be along the lines of Pirates, Horses, Dance, Clouds, Oaths etc... Finally, please include a few sample commandments that your God would have passed down to his followers (Do not wear Red Cloth, You must prey before you eat meat), this is just so I can get a feel for your God. Once we have the initial bits of information, we can start fully fleshing out your God together, or as a part of your Pantheon.

While the system I am using is "New Gods of Mankind", I am quite happy to take on players who have no recollection of the system and run the game in a more narrative fashion, while I handle the rules for them.

I would like players to be able to post once a day during the week and I am not worried about weekend posting as I work then.

Game Description:

New Gods for Old Worlds is a New Gods for Mankind game, the game where the players take on the roles of newly created Gods trying to lead and protector their followers in a dark and dangerous world.

Your people need you, they are lost on a rolling plains far from any signs of civilization. You have led them before in spirit, and now their belief has given you strength to become a God, all that they ask in return is that you help them find a home and watch over them.