Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quick questions and answers

The purpose of this thread is to serve as a catchall for minor rules questions about any system that don't warrant a new thread.

Be sure to state the system and edition for which the question is intended, so you don't receive an unhelpful answer.

When answering a question, be sure to hit the "quote" button so there is a trail for someone looking for the same answer.

Before asking a question, be sure to do a search first to make sure that question has not previously been answered. At the time of this post, full text searches are off, but they may be turned on in the future.

[/ObligatoryMeme]

Anyways, there was this class I saw one time for either 3e or 3.5 that I haven't been able to find in any book lately. It was a PrC that was basically a knight with a unicorn. It wasn't the one from BoED, either, and yes I know there are a few other ways to get a unicorn.

I can't for the life of me remember where this class was from. I know as one of their class features eventually, they had a clause that'd keep their unicorn from ditching them if they ever get married and cease to be a virgin. That's not a particularly important ability, just an identifying one.

Anyone know what that class is or where it came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
Anyways, there was this class I saw one time for either 3e or 3.5 that I haven't been able to find in any book lately. It was a PrC that was basically a knight with a unicorn. It wasn't the one from BoED, either, and yes I know there are a few other ways to get a unicorn.

I can't for the life of me remember where this class was from. I know as one of their class features eventually, they had a clause that'd keep their unicorn from ditching them if they ever get married and cease to be a virgin. That's not a particularly important ability, just an identifying one.

Other than the Beloved of Valerian and the Healer, I don't know of any classes which specifically gain unicorn mounts. Paladins(and similar classes) can gain unicorn mounts, but I highly doubt any WotC book would even tacitly encourage sexual intercourse. I'd suggest looking into third-party sources, especially the BoEF.

Quote:

Sithboi1 is right - this was not in a WotC publication. You're looking for the Divine Celibate from the Book of Erotic Fantasy (definately not WotC). The only other thing I can think of comes from the Paladin's handbook for 2nd edition D&D and it's not even close, just a discussion of the various possible mounts . . .

Hm. It's not the class I was thinking of, but it is very similar indeed. And even considering the source, it doesn't seem like a class most DMs would have a problem with. Just gotta axe the sex magic resistance.

Edit: Sith: The official MM description of unicorns specifically states that they are sometimes used as mounts by pure-hearted maidens. "Maidens" in this case has a very specific sexual meaning, no more inappropriate than a monogamous marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
What is the name of the feat that lets you maintain concentration on a spell as (I think) a move action?
Extraordinary Concentration (Complete Adventurer). It's a skill check, and you can concentrate as a Swift action. This has a long list of practical uses.

Quote:
Hm. It's not the class I was thinking of, but it is very similar indeed. And even considering the source, it doesn't seem like a class most DMs would have a problem with. Just gotta axe the sex magic resistance.

Edit: Sith: The official MM description of unicorns specifically states that they are sometimes used as mounts by pure-hearted maidens. "Maidens" in this case has a very specific sexual meaning, no more inappropriate than a monogamous marriage.
My point was the tacit acceptance of no longer being a "maiden". In addition, "maiden" has multiple meanings, not all of which include having been chaste.

Is there a trait that increases attack bonus, at expense of anything?