Interlude: The Time Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote (Benni) View Post
Benni blinks.. takes several deep breaths, "Right... Shield..the comic book organization."
"...'Comic book organization'...?", Woo mutters.

Quote:
"Ummm... which Marvel Boy is the one with Thanos??" Benni asks confusedly as she tries to keep score of all the Marvel Boy."[/b]
"I was unaware there were multiples of me", the present Marvel Boy responds.

"You've been out of circulation for a bit, Bob. We'll get around to looking into it, 'though. Don't you worry", Woo reassures him. Looking back towards Benni, Woo asks "what do you mean 'with Thanos'"?

"So", the gorilla in the space suit asks, "what brings you lot down here, anyway?"

At this point, everyone realizes they are hearing these conversation taking place directly in their minds. Everyone's lips are moving, probably out of habit, but there is no natural way you could hear Woo, Hale, or Marvel Boy underwater. This must be
an effect of Marvel Boy's telepathy.

Quote:
Benni steps forward distractedly reaching for the ice block with her right hand. Benni seems to try to find rational scientific explanations for stuff when she is feeling overwhelmed.
The robot called M-11 releases it's grasp on Benni and steps forward with her.

"Stand back", Woo says, "I think M-11 has a plan."

"Not that he'd ever share such a thing with, say, his team", the gorilla in the space suit responds.

A beam of yellow energy erupts from M-11's visor and begins to melt the ice surrounding the frozen body at a rapid rate.

Suddenly, Gorilla Man screams "Look out!" and charges a group of giant crabs which seem to have separated from the very cavern walls about you, their pincers menacingly open.

"We're under attack!", Woo yells.

"Omigosh!", Venus answers.

"Disabling the illusion must have triggered an alarm", Marvel Boy answers in a very matter-of-fact tone.

M-11 continues to melt the ice, completely unresponsive to the approaching creatures.

The gem lying on the block of ice is practically within reach.

Energystar has been eerily quiet during this conversation.

There is a mission to complete. No time for idle conversation. I hope this works the way I plan it to.

Energystar looks to Cap and gives a slight nod. She lunges for the gem as soon as it is free. Once in hand she runs toward the cave opening and hopes for the best.

Quote:
A beam of yellow energy erupts from M-11's visor and begins to melt the ice surrounding the frozen body at a rapid rate.
"Wait.. you are going to destroy the body if you expose it to the sea!" Benni exclaims as the robot starts to melt the ice coffin, she starts to grab for the robots arm when,

Quote:
Suddenly, Gorilla Man screams "Look out!" and charges a group of giant crabs which seem to have separated from the very cavern walls about you, their pincers menacingly open.
Benni quickly turns around with a squeak of shock as the giant crabs appear, opening and closing their pincers menacingly. Benni spins around in place, trying to watch all the crabs, ready to kick any that get close to her.

Within a few seconds of EnergyStar grabbing the gem, all of you are back in Damian Hellstrom's office, dripping wet.

Looking up from his desk at the soggy heroes leaving rapidly growing puddles upon his floor, Damian comments "You're back. I assume all went well?"

As he talks, he makes a series of arcane gestures in the air, leaving a small flicking trail of fire behind his hands as he moves them. Your clothing and skin instantly dry out.

You look around at each other, each of you standing in about the same relative position you were before being teleported out of the underwater cave. You never did find out what Jimmy Woo's team was doing there...or who the 'other' Marvel Boy was...questions for another day, perhaps.

"Now", Damian say, "before Strange summons you back, a simple spell of..."

Damian's words seem to die away as the scene around you fades to blue...

Continue on in the Issue 7 thread !