GM Only, SW Saga, Lost Episodes

Old Apr 10 '09, 2:40pm
Half Wookiee, Half Wyrm

GM Only, SW Saga, Lost Episodes

Lost Episodes - Forum
Star Wars Saga - Legacy Era
Estimated Members Requested: 3

Hello all,

I’m starting up a special game. It’s going to be a Star Wars Saga game, however, everyone who plays must be a GM also. What we’re going to do is run it somewhat like a TV series, where each “Season”, every GM runs one “Episode”. At the end of the season one GM will run a “Season Finale” type of adventure.

Episodes will be short adventures, ideally something that would only take a single night of face-to-face gaming. Something along the lines of 3-5 encounters (combination of skill challenges, combat, dice challenges, whatever). The GM who is running the Season Finale might ask for something to be inserted into the Episode, such as a recurring theme or plot device, and they might not. Largely, each GM will be free to run whatever they want in their Episodes. One Episode might be standard Star Wars fare, the next might be a Call of Cthulu themed one-shot with Jedi fighting giant space squid.

Seasons will consist of every GM running one adventure. No exceptions. At the end of the Season, one GM will run a Season Finale episode, which can have all the standard clichés of a TV series. The Finale might be bigger (6-10 encounters) but it could be the same size as an Episode, entirely depending on what the GM wants.

Every GM will have 1 PC. When a GM is running an Episode, their PC will sit on the ship, hang out in the cantina, or do something equally lame and boring. The other GM’s PCs will be involved in the adventure. So every GM gets to play, every GM gets to run a game.

Most decisions will be made by simple majority voting. Since everyone is a GM, everyone has equal say in the future of the galaxy we’ll be playing in. That means for anything where there’s a disagreement, we’ll just use a simple vote. Then, here’s the tricky part, we’ll move on and not obsess over the decision.

So far I have two interested GMs who are posting on the boards. We’re discussing rules and lore right now. I’d like to add up to two more GMs, bringing the total up to 5 GMs. That means 4 PCs will be on an adventure at any given point.

Game Masters
Everyone who is actively signed up for the game will be a GM. I will be the Head GM.

How to apply

First, please express interest here. If for no other reason that it keeps this thread relevant for a while.

Second, think really, really, hard if this is the right game for you. You need to be the type of person who has a cooperative spirit. No one has absolute control over the future course of the galaxy we’ll be playing in. Things that are sacred to you may not be sacred to others, and ultimately may be changed. This could be an incredibly rewarding game, but you have to have the right attitude coming in. Immaturity won’t work here.

Third, head over to our forums. Take a look around. Read through the posts, and start contributing.

Fourth, ensure that you understand that there is a limit to how many GMs we can take, and ultimately that someone who contributes may not get in right away. It’s unfortunate, but games with too many GMs/PCs are a disaster waiting to happen. I really intend on sticking to my goal of 5 GMs out of the gate. Just like I want the Episodes to be quick and easy, I want to ensure that we don’t have so many players that a round of combat takes 2 weeks to complete.

Character Creation
No characters will be created until after the GMs are chosen.

Additional Info
Post rate- At least 1/day, weekends we’re flexible at this point, but I’d prefer the games keep moving along at a brisk pace.

I will close this Advertisement once I get a good feeling about 4 GMs who can work together. This thread will also auto-close on April 15th. (I hope.)

Game Description:

In the year 155 ABY the galaxy is at peace. After years of struggle the Sith Empire has finally conquered the galaxy. The last remnants of the Galactic Republic were defeated 5 years ago in the Outer Rim. It was not a great battle, or one that will be remembered. Less than a dozen Republic ships had remained, arrayed against the Grand Fleet of the Empire. Emperor Arsaec, a powerful Sith Lord, left before the first shots were fired. The battle was a foregone conclusion.

Since the end of the Republic day to day life in the Sith Empire, for the common citizen, has been largely peaceful. Taxes are high, but not unbearable. Trade goods are flowing. Smugglers still thrive, though the punishments for crime are harsh. One system, Corellia, tried to rise up against the Empire. Over 80% of the population were either killed or enslaved. Since that time other systems have waited patiently and quietly, in no hurry to rebel; they see clearly that the Sith will soon take care of themselves. They are waiting.

The Jedi, the guardians of the galaxy from times long past, have largely disappeared. Most were killed by the Sith during the war. Some turned and joined the Sith. A few, a small precious few, remained behind, keeping the lore, history, and training of the Jedi alive. They operate largely in secret, trying to keep the peace. They are waiting. Hidden.

The galaxy is waiting, with baited breath, for something. Empires have risen and fallen. Republics have come and gone. Surely a sign must be coming, something to mark the start of a new age.

That was 4 years ago.

Now the galaxy is at war. The Empire is beset by two dangerous foes, the New Order and the Alliance. The New Order, led by Governor Anders Tarkin and his Palpatine clone, have carved out a huge swath of worlds from the Empire, including many key manufacturing worlds. The industrial might of the New Order rivals that of the Empire. Meanwhile, the Alliance, led by Ardinn Kord and the old Jedi Rynah, occupy the fringe of the galaxy and insist on establishing a government with the pervasive influence of the Sith Lords.

And the

As you already know, I'm way down with this. Would like to see some more GM's so we can get the ball rolling.

I'm already there :P but wanted to make sure my interest was properly established

I'm interested, but will check out the forum details before I make a solid commitment.