Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Sorry: D&D 3.5.
I think it might depend on the spell. For something like... I dunno, Implosion obviously you would, else you don't have a target. But for something like say... Summon Elemental Monolith? Don't think so.

That's currently the discussion over at Arena of Ascension. SRD seems fairly well lacking on the subject unfortunately.

From the spell Daylight:
Daylight counters or dispels any darkness spell of equal or lower level, such as darkness.

For a player using Daylight as a Spell-Like ability, could he dispel a Darkness spell, when the following is referenced under the SP ability info:
Quote:
A spell-like ability can be disrupted just as a spell can be. Spell-like abilities cannot be used to counterspell, nor can they be counterspelled.
Is a post-casting counterspell the same as a mid-casting counterspell? Can a player use Daylight as a racial SP to kill an opponent's Darkness spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
From the spell Daylight:
Daylight counters or dispels any darkness spell of equal or lower level, such as darkness.

For a player using Daylight as a Spell-Like ability, could he dispel a Darkness spell, when the following is referenced under the SP ability info:

Is a post-casting counterspell the same as a mid-casting counterspell? Can a player use Daylight as a racial SP to kill an opponent's Darkness spell?
It wouldn't be a counterspell; it'd be dispelling it, which would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
ah, thanks. The text said "Daylight counters and dispels Darkness", hence the confusion
Fixed. Emphasis mine.

A warforged can have the spell warped template added to it right? (Warforged from Ebberon, and Spell-warped from MMIII)

Nope, Constructs can't get Spellwarped.