Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

What do YOU want to play?

I have a Winged Half-Iron Golem Stonechild Dragonborn that I want to play, taking levels in Warblade. It's kind of hard to find a campaign for a character with that high of an LA though.

I wuld actually liketo play a werejaguar, based off the jaguar from Tome of Horrors II.
And as for the shapeshifters without a curse, there is the lythari, which a type of elven subrace thatcan turn into wolves, but not hybrids. I don't think I have exact statisticts for them, but I think there just basically werewolves who can only shift to wolf, no curse (I think), and a more powerful than usual bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mage blade View Post
I wuld actually liketo play a werejaguar, based off the jaguar from Tome of Horrors II.
And as for the shapeshifters without a curse, there is the lythari, which a type of elven subrace thatcan turn into wolves, but not hybrids. I don't think I have exact statisticts for them, but I think there just basically werewolves who can only shift to wolf, no curse (I think), and a more powerful than usual bite.

note: infected werewolves in 3.X do not have a hybrid form. In fact, the only infected weres that have a hybrid form are rats. All other infected types only become large versions of the animal.

Also, there is a book for NWoD that is basically "make your own werecreature" its called "Changing Breeds" been meaning to try to do my meditative wereshark rescue diver sometime.

anyway...

for D&D shapeshifters

Hengeyokai for anything small, depending on the conversion they have no LA (3E they're +1 because as "shapechangers" they're immune to X Person spells (Hold Person, Charm Person) etc and other things that target specificaly humanoids. In 3.5E, they become humanoid(shapechanger) and thus lose that immunity, downgrading them to +0 LA).

using the hengyokai stats will let you RP weres related to small animals.

There's also hengeyokai dog, so you could, with a little work with your DMs, work the stats into a werewolf.

as for 4e

Shifters have limited shapechanging abilities, Dopplegangers (which are closer to 3.5E Eberron Changelings) also shapechange, sort of.

You can add the Druid multi-class feat to recreate a natural shape-changer, just RP the shape-changing and any beast form Druid powers you snag as a natural ability rather than a result of vows or magical training.

Remember, when it comes down to it, the stats are the only thing that can't be shifted....all the fluff is open to being torn apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrythlind View Post
note: infected werewolves in 3.X do not have a hybrid form. In fact, the only infected weres that have a hybrid form are rats. All other infected types only become large versions of the animal.
Umm yea they do. The werewolf stats in the 3.5 MM have stats for them as a human and a hybrid and a wolf. The werewolf lord has human, hybrid, and dire wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madadh View Post
Umm yea they do. The werewolf stats in the 3.5 MM have stats for them as a human and a hybrid and a wolf. The werewolf lord has human, hybrid, and dire wolf.
Ah, that must have been 3E...though infected weres that aren't yet aware of their condition only naturally assume animal form. They won't assume hybrid until they start changing on purpose.

On another board I asked to play a space game. Not Star Wars, Not Star Trek, but space. I have two games there that are not really taking off. Both in GURPS. I prefer GURPS, its not limited in scope like most games. I still however want to play or run a generic space game.

Some of my wish I could play its:

in the Serenity/ Firefly setting
-a character based on El Mariachi from Desperado

in a super hero setting:
- A speedster
- A psionic
- A flyer with super strength (like Nova level flight / str)
- in a marvel setting, Valeria Von Doom, Marvel Girl

In D&D 3.5
- ninja anything
- (dare I say it, for fear of resurrecting the earlier rants) a dragon, using the level progressions from Dragon Mag. First choice Green Dragon, second choice Copper, Brass or Bronze, third choice Blue or Red Dragon.

In Star Wars Saga:
-a Chistori Jensarai during the dark times, just wanting to unleash and destroy crap

Yeah, those would make me happy to play.
Oddly, in none of my Star Wars application did I put in the Chistori. Hmm. Interesting.

I really wish that I could play Sherlock Holmes.

And that the campaign fits such a thing. Mmm... subtle things.