Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Humorous Ad Placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucheiah View Post
Haha, nah, I found the love of my life without using a dating site
Now the add on this thread reads: "Who's the love of your life", albeit in Dutch.

Although the screenshot only shows the post right above it (not mine), I had spent a lot of time in this thread talking about herbal teas and such. My character is an herbalist and tea lover. I thought the ad placement was fitting.

In this game, I turned all the PCs into animals. They just woke up to find themselves in a strange lab with furry bodies. I thought the ad placement here was particularly funny.

This thread could be epic. Of course now I'll be eagerly watching the adds to see what's particularly amusing.

Most of the time they are not anything. On occasion I do find something fun though, and I take screen shots. Right now it is a boring car insurance ad.

Man, you're lucky with your adds - and that might be because of google seeming to take language / location into account.

Currently, I have adds for (translated) "winning an iPhone 3G in my favourite color ! Click here" with a most annoying mouse-over sound.
Another non-favourite (and, unfortunately very common) add is the one telling me to take a test to know my death-date - which, too, does have a very annoying mouse-over sound effect.

Free MMORPGs (Last Chaos, Shaya, Florensia, etc) make up 95% of the rest.

Luckily I don't have those mouse-over sound effects. I'd go insane if they did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Fate View Post
Luckily I don't have those mouse-over sound effects. I'd go insane if they did that.
There's a reason I'm either very careful moving the mouse around - or set the sound system to mute.

The first time I encountered one of these ads (at was around 3 AM local time), the sound effect of the death-date add (a high-pitched, diabolical/evil laughter) nearly gave me a heart attack; I had just finished watching a DVD on the notebook and had the volume turned up comparatively high...

Edit: I hunted down the link for the iPhone one (so, if you have never encountered it but are curious - there you go...)
Turn Volume down, first

Yeah, those piss one guy off easily. But the death one is kinda cool But not after hearing it 30 times, off course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Edit: I hunted down the link for the iPhone one (so, if you have never encountered it but are curious - there you go...)
Turn Volume down, first
You can't do that, they are personal. That link takes me to "The Keep V1.0"

About these adds, does Myth-Weavers get more money if we click on them, or does only their presence count? Otherwise I'd be more than happy to occasionally click on some of them.