Heroes in the Making - Seeking 1 Replacement

Old Oct 20 '09, 3:22am
Shadowy Presence

Heroes in the Making - Seeking 1 Replacement

Heroes in the Making - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

This advertisement is for a replacement character to join a party already in progress. Applicants may either take over the extant character (Daera Fairchild, Divine Sorcerer) or create a new character to join the other four.

This is a 3.5e partial Gestalt game. Specifically, non-casting characters are Gestalt, while casting characters are not. Please read the rules carefully.

Overlooking EisenbergThe clear blue sky stands out against the stark grey slate of the mountainside, while a chill wind blows down the rocky face to remind the villagers that winter's grip is not quite ended. On a gravelly promontory overlooking the rustic, half-timbered buildings of Eisenberg, a handful of boys have gathered for a bit of fun on a late afternoon, now that the work of the day is done. Armed with axes, hammers, knives, or makeshift clubs, and clad in heavy clothes or working leathers, the lads have come to play out the fantastic tales of their childhood with a real adventure into the abandoned iron mine--the one old Lars claims is haunted when he's had a few too many ales at Goodman's tavern. With a pair of borrowed lanterns to light their way and a small snack tucked away in their belt pouches, the boys bravely make their way down the dark, dank tunnel.

What happens next will change their lives, setting their feet on the path of greatness...

Welcome to Heroes in the Making, a D&D 3.5e campaign for 3-6 adventurers. It begins with a collection of youths in a remote mountain village and ends... whenever their destiny is fulfilled. This game focuses on their development into great heroes.

Applications should be posted in the Applications thread in the game forum (linked here). Applications posted in the advertisement thread will not be reviewed. Feel free to use this thread to ask for clarifications.

Game Description:

In a quiet mountain village, following in the footsteps of your father is a way of life. But for one group of boys, a little fun in an abandoned mine becomes a life-changing experience, one that sets their feet on the path of destiny: to become Heroes.

NaNoWriMo - because I'm probably crazy.
Definitely interested. Could you disclose which classes are already in the group, perhaps?

The existing group consists of:

Summary of characters below (marked complete; Accepted; Feedback):
Leo Stonecutter - Human Male Monk/Fighter (Divinedragonslayer)
Adrian Goodman - Human Male Sorcerer (Leonidas1789)
Ogil Vortigern - Human Male Ranger/Rogue (Maxwell)
Raelia Mandris - Human Female D.Bard (DoNotFearToTread)

The character being replaced is:
Daera Fairchild - Human Female D.Sorcerer (gigz)

@Mordae: Looking at the first post I'm 70% certain that the answer to my question will be a no however I thought that it'd be best to ask and see rather than not asking and playing a second choice. I was wondering if the Knight from PHB2 would be okay as a base class? The Rogue with bonus fighter feats in place of sneak attack damage from UA? I've been thinking about a character that likes to lead from the front, one who mixes combat with diplomacy. Someone who wants to become stronger and wiser, who adventures for the very reasons that you listed; to gather power to lead people and to become the person that people turn to in a crisis.

The Knight class provides a lot of cool features that I think works well with the whole battlefront leader, someone who stands tall and proud protecting his friends by throwing himself in harms way. The Rogue is a bit of a contradiction in one way, the sneak attack damage which is why I was hoping you'd allow for the bonus fighter feats instead, but the crazy amount of skill points and the wide range of skills... the guy could rank up on things like Diplomacy, Sense Motive... all those face skills that would benefit him and hopefully the group.

Knight is not available since there is no logical in-character way, in a back-woods setting, to have learned that trade. It may be available later, should you find someone willing to teach you. I have allowed Rogue with fighter feats variant.

Sources are PHB + UA, limited as described in the ad. Prestige classes and other base classes (not counting those specifically excluded, such as Tier 1 classes, Favored Soul, and ToB) may become available given the necessary in-character developments.