Notices


Part 1- Prelude to Defiance: Chapter 2 - Gang War

 
Part 1- Prelude to Defiance: Chapter 2 - Gang War

Mist has left the room, turning left away from the turbolift and deeper into the alien section. She left suddenly and without warning and has a headstart on the others. As she hurries down the hallway, looking for... well... Atton. A devaronian catches her eye and beckons her into his room, he is smiling and looks friendly, "Looking for something? I've got it all!" he whispers at her and disappears into his room.



Khen bursts out of the room chasing Mist, but his small stature keeps him from catching up quickly. It doesn't take long before Hopla catches up to him. As he catches the Jawa, they can see Mist 20 meters ahead, stopped.



Jibba leaves the room and slowly follows the others, not wanting to make it look a group of people running from or chasing each other. He continues down the hall, 10 meters and losing ground behind Khen and Hopla.



With all of the others out of the room, Maya looks at the droid. "Well, what are you waiting for? You have your objectives, go and acquire my package so we can get out of here. Either that or get me a surgeon who'll keep his mouth shut. You are no good to me standing here. Go earn your keep IG-198."



The droid does its best impression of standing to attention. "As you wish." Spinning on its heals, it stalked from the room, pulling up its deep hood and wrapping its cloak closely about its body as it went. It pauses in the doorway wondering if it had made an error accepting hire from this one. The task ahead of it is filled with danger, and the risks involved may out weigh the benefits of getting off this station...

It shakes of these feelings and ignoring the others who seem to be going in the wrong direction for the moment, looks around for a computer terminal. Hopefully with access to a terminal it can tell what sort of security level the station is on and what the safest route to the storage bay is.

[Is there a public terminal nearby?]

IG-198 turns right out of the doorway. 10 meters down is a four way juncture and to the right is a computer terminal, but two organics are already waiting for the zabrak currently on it to get done. Across the hallway is a terminal whose screen is completely fractured, it does not appear readily functional.



The droid walks down to the junction and stops just short of the two waiting for the terminal.

It has three options as far as it can see - to 'hurry' the organics along although that could get messy can call down unwanted attention, wait for them to finish which by the looks of it could take far to long, or... IG-198 takes a more in depth look at the fractured terminal. IG-198 believes he can interface with the terminal using the datapad as the monitor.

He moves over to the broken terminal and removing Maya's datapad from a pouch on its belt IG-198 sets about using the datapad to interface with the outwardly broken terminal.

IG-198 attaches the datapad to the terminal using his toolkit. He begins by downloading the public map to the datapad.

Elsewhere in the alien section:



Mist looks curiously at the Devaronian, primarily fixated by his horns. She doesn't remember seeing anyone with horns like that before so she follows them, not realising at first that she is doing exactly what he wants.

"I like your horns" she murmurs, obviously distracted by them and not paying attention to anything else around her yet.



The devaronian grins a sleazy grin, "Yes, come on in," he lowers his voice, "I've got death sticks, spice, you name it." He makes sure to beckon her by pointing his horns further into the room. Once Mist is in the room, the door slides shut. Inside the room, on either side of the door are two large trandoshans weilding stun batons. The devaronian asks, "What do you need my pretty, do you have credits or need to work out a deal?"

Down the hall, Khen and Hopla see Mist turn and enter a room whose door then shuts.



Such is Mist's fascination with the Devaronian's horns that she doesn't really notice that there is anyone else present.

She wrinkles her nose a little at the mention of death sticks. They sound nasty.

"I need my Atton" she declares, her tone then becoming more pleading as she continues "The evil white armour men took him away from me. I'd do anything to get him back. Will you help me?"



The devaronian continues smiling, "Just the right kind of spice, and it'll be like he's here with you. I have glitterstem, you have credits, no? Credits can get you anything here on Sel Zonn, even prisoners."



Mist looks thoughtful for a few moments, biting her bottom lip and waving her tail from side to side.

"But spice runs out and he'd be gone again" she moans, then her ears perk up.

"Oh, I like your other idea" she says, reaching into her bra to retrieve her credit chip, which she then hands to the Devaronian.

"Is there enough on there to buy him back from the white armour men?"



The devaronian frowns, and takes the credit chip, pushes the button to recall the value and nearly drops the chip in shock. After fumbling it, he sits down on the edge of the bed, and stares up at Mist in thought, his mind racing with possibilities.



Behind her, the Trandoshan's look at each other curiosly. One of the barks something at the Devaronian in a language that Mist doesn't understand. The devaronian holds up a hand to quite them and continues to ponder.



"Is that good or bad?" Mist asks when she sees the Devaronian react to the credit chip. She has no idea how much is actually on it anyway, just that it's a money thing.

A moment later, she is startled by the Trandoshans, having not noticed them until they made that noise. A squeaky "meow" serves to give voice to her surprise.



Outside:



Hopla moves briskly to the door that mist disappeared behind. Quickly he outpaces the Jawa. His first instinct is to use the force to open the door, but he doesn't know what waits on the other side. He reaches out with the force, finding that Mist is inside with three other sentients. Two are on either side of the door, and the other near Mist, straight in.


Finally catching up to the door, Khen sees the jedi standing in concentration like he is trying to stare through the door. "Too slow for this..." Khen has his suspicions as to what is happening inside. He knows places like this, hell he frequents places like this. He knows that if they don't get those doors open soon that she might not make it out in the same state of mind... or maybe even worse than that. Khen pulls out his hold-out blaster and bangs the butt of the gun against the door. In a much too squeaky jawa voice, Khen screeches out, "SECURITY! OPEN UP!" He shouts it as loud as he can and then points the gun at the door.



Jibba hurries to the door, being further back he arrives in time to see Khen making a scene. He draws his lightsaber from up under his hood in the concealed holster and holds it somewhat hidden. "Cat-girl will NOT be prisoner!" he exclaims.




Turn 2.1


Alien Section at the Computer Terminals



IG-198 attempts to improve access, but fails. The others still have not returned.



Maya seemed to want this 'mission' completed quickly, so even though IG-198 was not able to improve its access into the computer system it tries to gain information about their targets.

After ten minutes, IG-198 has ascertained that the imperial detention blocks are on the westernmost portion of C-Deck. On the promenade is an office front for recruiting and general business to the public that could be helpful on gaining infomration. It seems that the Blue Deck is the most likely place to find imperial and imperial loyalists. All of the Imperial docking bays can be reached from Blue Deck, meaning any prisoner transports will need to transverse there for optimal security. There was no direct information concerning this 'Atton.'



The droid determines that it has spent enough time on gathering information for the moment. It much prefers a more direct course of action and now has maps and some information to work with. It disconnects the datapad and turns back looking the way it came. For a moment it considers continuing the mission alone, but quickly calculates that its chances of success are much better with a team. As it begins to retrace its steps it activates its comm unit and attempts to contact Hopla.




Alien Section Residences



Outside the room, Hopla has determined that three persons are inside with Mist. Before he could share the information, Khen drew a gun and knocked on the door claiming to be security. Jibba arrived last and has drawn some kind of weapon, still hidden, stating how intent he is on keeping Mist safe.



Within the room, Mist sees the Trandoshans and Devaronian quickly panic, jibbering back and forth to each other. The devaronian hands Mist back the credit chip, pushing her towards the door, "You are nothing but trouble, I can't help you, you must be mistaken about us." One of the trandoshans hides, near the door, the other readies to open it.



"Wait!" Mist cries, trying to resist being thrown out.

"Are security around here the evil white armour men? I hate those guys and you never even answered my question"



The devaronian says quietly , "Not stormtroopers, this trouble now won't let me help you. Now, you have to leave!" He continues to non-violently push her towards the door, perhaps because he is about the same size as Mist. In another language he barks at the trandoshans who seem to agree.



"Can you at least tell me how to find the prison?" Mist pleads, though she has stopped resisting now.

"I can't get my Atton back unless I know where he is. Please help me"



Hopla has already opened his senses with the force, he hears arguing after Khen knocks, then he can make out that the one near Mist is talking in hushed tones to her, but he can't make out what they are saying. From the sound of it, they are moving towards the door.



Hopla raises a hand to Khen and Jibba. "Wait. They approach the door." He puts a hand on the butt of the blaster tucked into his belt, but does not draw it, and steps back.



The devaronian pushes Mist towards the door, "Imperials keep them on C-Deck, security holding is on E-deck." As the door slides open and she comes tumbling out at Khen, the group outside sees a devaronian and the arm of a trandoshan as the door quickly shuts, following by the locking mechanism whirring. Mist and Khen nearly just barely keep from ending in a heap on the floor.



"Which way is that?" Mist calls back at the locking door.



There is no reply from the other side of the door. Other than IG-198 all of the heroes who agreed to help Maya are here. Hopla thinks that a few doors down on the other side is a vendor who will have a medpac. The traffic is sparse right now and only a few residents sneak stares at the group as they try to move along their business.



Hopla says, in a calm voice, "Mist, our sucess in finding Atton and our other goals depends on secrecy. We must be cautious. I believe there is a place for us to purchase supplies nearby, just over there. Let us do that, find the droid, and continue on our mission. Agreed?"



Mist pouts a little as she looks at Hopla.

"But he said he had everything" she moans, "And he had an idea. He suggested buying Atton from the white armour men but he wouldn't tell me if there was enough money on this thing"

With that, she presents her credit chip to him, hoping to get a straight answer from a man who is supposed to be a friend.



Hopla considers. "The empire's servants are evil. I do not trust their word."

Hopla pushes the button to recall the current value on the credit chip. It reads 2,375 credits. That is enough for a comfortable lifestyle for a whole month, much better than he has been living here (struggling 500 credits a month).



Mist looks at Hopla, then at the door to the Devaronian's room.

"They didn't look like Imperials to me" she murmurs, turning back to Hopla.

"Can we go and save Atton now?"



Hopla explains: "The white armor men are the empire's servants. They you must bribe. We can try, but I doubt they will keep their end of any bargain we make."



Hopla goes to purchase a medpac.

He walks off down a few doors and deals with a Mon Calamari merchant for a minute and then returns.



Khen puts away his blaster now that it looks like it won't be needed. "Where did the droid go? Wasn't he here with us?"



Jibba watches all this quietly from next to door and reconceals his lightsaber when the door is locked. "We get your caged friend back. But no one should hunt without plan. First we accomplish mision for red hair then get your friend."


Turn 2.2



Mist pouts a little as everyone seems to want to start with something other than Atton.

"Metal man" she pipes up, "Where is C-Deck? That's where the horny man with the drugs said the white armour men keep people. Can we go and get Atton back? Please?"



"My designation is IG-198, do not call me 'Metal Man'. As for this Atton, I could find no trace of him during my search though I do know where C-deck is." He turns his attention to the others. "If we are staying together then V-deck is tactically our best first option. I suggest we make our attempt their first, and then move on to C-deck."







"But Atton can help us" Mist insists, before adding in a small voice "I need him"

Talk of 'tactical options' is quite clearly not sinking in.



The droid turns it head in Mist's direction, its glowing red sensors looking at her. It says nothing waiting for the others to reply to its suggestion. The one designated Mist confuses IG-198, she almost seems faulty, and it wonders if she will be more of a burden than of use to them...

"It is worthy of discussion," says Hopla, "a plan to achieve these many objectives."



"The main obstacle is that if we encounter problems or are discovered at one location then security will be increased at the others. The best way would be a co-ordinated move on all three targets. However, we do not have the forces," The droid pauses and scans each member of their group. "Or skills for this. So, we must rely on stealth - Again I would suggest we undertake Maya's task first, then attempt to locate this 'Atton', then retrieve the cargo and leave the station."





Mist pouts again, upset and frustrated that IG-198 is totally disregarding her. Without a word to anyone, she turns and heads for the turbolift, entering if possible, and pressing buttons at random if not in an attempt to open it and/or make it show up.



Hopla says, "Mist, wait. We must do this together." He looks at the others. "Are we in agreement, that once we complete Maya's mission, we will all then free Atton and liberate Jibba's ship and cargo?" [If the others agree, then Hopla says to Mist "Mist, freeing Atton alone, without help, will be difficult. And the droid is right, we should find Maya's parcel before attempting to free Atton. But if you join us, we will free Atton."





Mist plants her hands on her hips and turns back to look at Hopla, a childish pout on her face, and her tail flicking restlessly.

"But why can't I just buy his freedom?" she demands, "It won't take very long. I can do it really quickly as long as I don't get lost"



"Hold on... I speak confused girl..." says Khen looking at Hoopla and IG-198, he then turns to face Mist and speaks in a calm more gentle tone.... which still sounds like an annoying squeak through his Jawa vocal chords, "Mist... V-Deck is on the way to C-Deck... it would be silly not to stop along the way and take care of that thing for Maya. It will only take a few extra moments and Atton is okay where he is." Khen puts a hand on his blaster, contemplating shooting the first person that contradicts him and tells her that V-Deck is indeed nowhere near C-Deck.



Jibba does feel some sympanthy for the plight of the cat-girl but understands that tactically the others are correct. "Mist, we lose suprprise if we rescue your friend. It make every other mission harder. This is best way. Jibba promise to not leave station until you have friend back."





"But" Mist moans, looking at the faces of her companions. Stubborn though she may be, it's obvious that she's not going to win this.

"I don't understand how buying his freedom could mess things up"



It occurs to IG-198 that maybe the one designated as Mist does not fully comprehend the language they are using. It seems the Jawa intimated that he could talk some other language, 'confused girl', but then went ahead and spoke standard. Maybe...

"It does not matter that you do not understand," the droids voice speaker crackled in perfect Hutt. "This is just the way it must be. We go to V-Deck, and then we move on to rescue the one you call Atton." The droid studies the cat-girl, trying to determine if she understood that any better.





Mist does not react well to condescension in Huttese, especially because no-one told her that they were playing a game where the droid was charge.

Dropping into a slight crouch, she hisses at IG-198 and flattens her cat ears in warning.

"No" she declares, "You aren't in charge of me and you can't treat me like I'm a helpless newborn kitten. I know you don't like me but you either be nice or go away and jump in a pit you mean-minded bucket of metal Hutt poodoo! I'm going to save Atton right now because he's nice to me and you're not and I want someone nice so there"

She finishes by sticking her tongue out at the droid then turning away from the group and leaving by the fastest means available...



What ever reaction it had been expecting that was not it. Mist seemed to think IG-198 was capable of feeling like and dislike, of choosing to be kind or not... Well, it had told her the situation as it stood, and if she could not take that then so be it. "We can not waste any more time."

With its 'mind' set on retrieving Maya's package, the droid began walking towards the turbo lifts.





[That turbolift that I am almost certainly using as I was closer to it and, unless the GM says otherwise, happens to be the fastest way to leave?]



[Hey, he's a droid and doesn't understand feelings hurt or otherwise, and was no longer thinking of Mist when he made his choice... anyway, I'm guessing there's a bank of turbo lifts so it's unlikly they'll have to share :-)]



Hopla shakes his head. This is a bad start to the mission. He follows the droid and the cat girl to the turbolift, despairing that they have failed to convince Mist to stay with them.



Jibba remembers cautionary tales from his childhood of hunting parties that were split up by diasgreements and returned home as failures. Failing in the missions on this station will not mean coming home without dinner but most likely becoming a captive again. He feels great sympathy (a feeling he thought was dead) for the cat-girl and her captured friend but also knows that without the help of the droid and robed man he will most likely be unable to free his ship and cargo.



[Ok, time to choose, do you go with Mist or IG-198, new post after I've heard from everyone.]

[Hopla is going with the droid--assuming everyone else is too. It seemed like an attempt to keep Mist with the group, and she has refused. So Hopla plans to go after Maya's package.]

[I wouldn't assume, you just never know...]



Finally he decides, "Jibba go with cat-girl. Meet up with you after free her friend." He knows that he could be walking right back into captivity. "This ship have more airlocks for blowing captors out than Jibba ship," he mutters under his breath as he chases the cat-girl.



Khen shakes his head disappointingly at the jedi and follows the Ewok and Mist.


Turn 2.3A (Hopla and IG-198)

[V-Deck is quarantined]

[two reactor core shafts run vertically through bay V-14 and through the other storage decks.]



IG-198 enters the turbolift that Mist is not in and Hopla enters just as the door closes. Their choices are simple, V-Deck or U-Deck (the one directly above).

The droid stands silent for a moment and turns its head to Hopla. "I suggest we stop at U-Deck, and use the reactor core shafts to enter V- Deck below." It's hand hovers over the controls waiting for Hopla's input.

Though Hopla knows he and the droid could have used Khen and Jibba's help, he is relieved that they have gone with Mist--they would hopefully keep her from harm. He recalls his initial sense of her. There was something important about her. He did not know what. But he believed she was somehow not as she seemed.



"Agreed." He nods for the droid to hit the controls.



The turbolift opens up on a run down deck. It seems to have about the same level of care and maintenance as the alien residence levels. The main corridor has some activity and nobody pays any attention to Hopla or IG-198 as they exit the lift. The two follow the map, looking for the storage bay U-14, which should be directly over V-14, allowing them to scale down the reactor core shaft into V-14, where Switch should be.



They arrive at a doorway marked for Czerka Corporation. There is a command pad with a screen on the door. Within, they think they can hear some kind of loader moving around.

Hopla reaches out with the force extending his senses. Immediately near the door are crates and boxes. The room is mostly full of storage like that. Far off in the room, a loader is moving. Beyond that info, he picks up nothing of importance.



Hopla tells this information to the IG-198 unit. "If you can open the door, we can try to sneak in and enter the shaft unnoticed."



Without comment the droid removes its work kit and sets about opening the lock.



As IG-198 works on the door, his fusion cutter misfires while trying to remove the keypad, scorching it badly. The door shudders and the visual screen above the keypad flickers to life showing the face of a young red haired man in an orange uniform, "Who are you and just what do you think you are doing?" Hopla happens to be standing behind IG-198 and believes he is most likely not visible to the man on the screen.

Hopla stays behind the droid. If the droid seems at a loss to answer the imperial, Hopla will say: "Tell them your optical sensors are damaged and you seek the maintenance bay."



The droid takes note of Hopla's suggestion, but adjusts it slightly. "Apologies," IG-198 answers in its crackling voice. "I seem to have developed a malfunction, and have accidently damaged your equipment. I have been sent to deliver...." IG-198 intentionally drowns out what he is supposed to be delivering with a burst of static from his voice unit.


Turn 2.3B (Mist, Khen, and Jibba)



Mist, Jibba and Khen pile in the turbo lift and Jibba hits the command for C-Deck.



Insert any dicussion needed here:



Glad that Khen and Jibba decided to join her, Mist starts purring straight away and hugs them both.

"Thank you for coming with me" she murmurs



"We help you get friend and then find others. Must be quick."



Khen is very excited by the hug, but of course that moment is ruined when the creepy mini-wookie begins talking again.



The trio get off the lift and find a very clean deck, but not in the showy fashion of the promenade, but in a efficient manor implied by a place of commerce and industry. There are no decorations, save imperial propaganda. Not a sentient is in sight except a hovering security droid exiting the common hall into the farthest hallway, as its sputtering grows quieter. The hallway here is extra wide, nearly a commons area and there are three hallways exiting the room. There are a total of seven doors here, all shut.



Seeing the typical Imperial artwork and knowing that at some point they will have to deal with security Jibba puts on his "cute, friendly and completely non-threatening" posture. Of course, if anyone tries to pet him they will pull back a stump. Jibba will look at the 3 hallways and 7 doors and ask the others, "You know where to go?"



"No idea...." says Khen as he approaches the first door. He gently opens it just enough to peer inside.

Khen is poised and ready to run and hide behind the ewok at the first sign of imperial trouble.



The first door reveals a licensing office, with several humans sitting in chairs and one mon calamari standing before a droid. Everyone in the room turns at looks at the doorway, seeing the jawa, and behind him the ewok and cat-girl.



Having no idea where anything is, Mist is glad that Khen Dhur takes the initiative.

The first room doesn't look promising as there is no Atton and no white-armour-men. Mindful of Jibba's insistance that they act quickly, or perhaps oblivious to subtlety (who can say), she just comes right out and starts talking.

"Hi. I'm looking for my Atton. The white armour men stole him from me and I think he's here somewhere. I need him. Can you help me?"



Jibba speaks up, "She mean we looking for security office. You please point us to it?"



One of the men near the door directs them down the next hall to the large security doors.



Khen moves down the hallway as directed, fully expecting the others to follow him, but he doesn't wait for them.



Jibba will follow Khen and look at any signs on the doors they pass indicating what is inside.



Mist lets out a 'meow' of gratitude then follows the others, constantly looking around for anything interesting.


Turn 2.4


Turn 2.4A (Hopla and IG-198)



As IG-198 works on the door, his fusion cutter misfires while trying to remove the keypad, scorching it badly. The door shudders and the visual screen above the keypad flickers to life showing the face of a young red haired man in an orange uniform, "Who are you and just what do you think you are doing?" Hopla happens to be standing behind IG-198 and believes he is most likely not visible to the man on the screen.

Hopla stays behind the droid. If the droid seems at a loss to answer the imperial, Hopla will say: "Tell them your optical sensors are damaged and you seek the maintenance bay."



The droid takes note of Hopla's suggestion, but adjusts it slightly. "Apologies," IG-198 answers in its crackling voice. "I seem to have developed a malfunction, and have accidently damaged your equipment. I have been sent to deliver...." IG-198 intentionally drowns out what he is supposed to be delivering with a burst of static from his voice unit.



The man replies, "Yeah, that's fine, wait right there, I'll call maintenance to work on the door. It could be a few minutes."



After making sure that the communication channel is closed, IG-198 talks with out turning around. "Wait, try entry again, or leave. Of these options wait seems to be best. We have surprise on our side." Its hand moves to the hilt of its vibroknife.

Hopla says, "We should avoid killing. It will only make our mission harder. I suggest you try entry again."



For a moment it appears that the droid is not going to answer, then its hand drops from its weapon and again accesses it mech kit. "Roger, roger."

After a few moments of tinkering, the door slides open. As the two quickly slip through the door, they hear the same man's voice again, from the control panel, "I thought I told you to wait, wha! Where'd they go?"

Hopla moves into the room, alert for any people or droids who might see them. "Can you now close the door?" he asks the IG unit. He is careful to treat the droid as he would a sentient being--the droid's willingness to use its weapons is a worry for Hopla. The droid moves without comment to the door closing it as suggested.



In the large storage bay, there are many crates stacked very high. Off in the distance a loader is operating, otherwise there is no noticable noise. Hopla reaches out with the force, opening his senses, finding a path along the left wall to the reactor shafts without encountering any personnel. The two stand at the edge of the shaft, where they cannot see the bottom. It looks like 15 meters before the next storage bay opens, and another 15 meters to the floor of that bay. If the maps are correct, that should be the bay V-14, where this Switch can be found.


Turn 2.3B (Mist, Khen, and Jibba)



Khen leads Mist and Jibba down the directed hallway. As they go, Mist does not notice anything interesting until they reach their destination. Jibba uses his knowledge of the primitive Basic language to read the signs along the doors on this hallway. As he goes, he wishes more and more, he couldn't read. They read: Imperial Intelligence, Imperial Security Bureau (or ISB as its often called), COMPNOR, CompForce, Storm Trooper Garrison, Officer's quarters, and the last one has had the sign removed, but faint traces on the door still indicate it once said Inquisitorious. The only non-threatening sign is for a restricted turbo lift, Jibba wonders if it leads to Blue Deck, which by his estimation, they should be near the hangars for. With each sign, Jibba becomes increasingly uncomfortable, it is quite obvious this station is some kind of hub for Imperial intelligence agencies or something similar. If any of these doors open, it could spell trouble for him and the two aliens with him.



The trio arrives at the Detention Center, where large blast doors are opened and inside is chaos. As they enter, four storm troopers standing over a wookie corpse look up. The entire entry area is scorched with blaster marks. Behind the command desk is a badly damaged protocol droid, being worked on by an astromech. There is an imperial technician working on a blasted out console as well. On the other side of the command area is more blast doors, probably leading to the cells. The man looks up seemingly surprised at their presence, "Hey, nobody can help you right now, we are having technical difficulties and the former jailors are, uhm... yeah... not available."



Khen leads Mist and Jibba down the directed hallway. As they go, Mist does not notice anything interesting until they reach their destination. Jibba uses his knowledge of the primitive Basic language to read the signs along the doors on this hallway. As he goes, he wishes more and more, he couldn't read. They read: Imperial Intelligence, Imperial Security Bureau (or ISB as its often called), COMPNOR, CompForce, Storm Trooper Garrison, Officer's quarters, and the last one has had the sign removed, but faint traces on the door still indicate it once said Inquisitorious. The only non-threatening sign is for a restricted turbo lift, Jibba wonders if it leads to Blue Deck, which by his estimation, they should be near the hangars for. With each sign, Jibba becomes increasingly uncomfortable, it is quite obvious this station is some kind of hub for Imperial intelligence agencies or something similar. If any of these doors open, it could spell trouble for him and the two aliens with him.



The trio arrives at the Detention Center, where large blast doors are opened and inside is chaos. As they enter, four storm troopers standing over a wookie corpse look up. The entire entry area is scorched with blaster marks. Behind the command desk is a badly damaged protocol droid, being worked on by an astromech. There is an imperial technician working on a blasted out console as well. On the other side of the command area is more blast doors, probably leading to the cells. The man looks up seemingly surprised at their presence, "Hey, nobody can help you right now, we are having technical difficulties and the former jailors are, uhm... yeah... not available."



Mist wrinkles her nose at the scorch marks and the dead Wookiee, then in a brilliant display of unsubtley she points at the Stormtroopers and shouts at the top of her voice "Give me my Atton back!"

The stormtroopers all step back, grabbing weapons in surprise at the woman's demeanor, though their helmets show no emotion.

Jibba curses under his breath in Ewokese before using his training to try to push down the anger that surfaces when he sees the white suited killer standing over the corpse of the hairy alien. He makes sure not to getr rid of the hatred all the way though as he has a fealing he may need it. This chaos was the last thing he expected to see in the detention center and his confusion makes him miss the strange wording of man. "We wish to pay fine of our friend and you to release him."

The man at the desk, having stopped working at Mist's outbreak, starts to stammer, but is unable to get his meaning out as he looks back forth between the heroes and the stormtroopers.

Khen thinks he understands what is happening here. These guys aren't Storm Troopers at all. "Thanks, we'll find what we are looking for on our own. Come on Mist." Khen takes her by the

hand and moves down the corridor. "Look into the rooms until you spot him and then we'll get the door open."

As soon as Khen turns the corner around the desk, he sees two downed imperial jailors, one with both limbs wripped off.



The storm troopers helmet speakers announce, "Stop right where you are everyone. Nobody move!"

The astromech activates something on the protocol droid, who screams, "Oh no, not again, we're doomed!"

The technician says, "No, really, the detention center is closed, you HAVE to leave, I can't even shut the doors because the controls got blasted." he ducks behind the desk to the floor.



The stormtroopers have rifles trained, three of them pointing at Khen and Mist near the desk, and the other aiming at Jibba. They are ready to shoot.


Turn 2.4A (Hopla and IG-198)



In the large storage bay, there are many crates stacked very high. Off in the distance a loader is operating, otherwise there is no noticable noise. Hopla reaches out with the force, opening his senses, finding a path along the left wall to the reactor shafts without encountering any personnel. The two stand at the edge of the shaft, where they cannot see the bottom. It looks like 15 meters before the next storage bay opens, and another 15 meters to the floor of that bay. If the maps are correct, that should be the bay V-14, where this Switch can be found.



Hopla had thought to use his liquid cable to descend levels, but he has only 15 meters--only half way to the floor below. As he considers how to descend to level below, he again uses his force sense to determine if anyone out of sight is in the bay below where he and the droid would be seen if they dropped down there. [Perception, reroll on 7 or less.]



As Hopla scans the area, he notices a pipe near the roof of the bay below, about 15 m below them.



"Do you see any easy way down? I have an idea." he says to the IG unit.



"There seems no easy way of descent. Maybe there is a crane, grav lift or heavy duty cabling in this place we can use? What is your idea?"

"I have liquid cable, but only fifteen meters. I can use it to lower myself down to that pipe, and you can do the same. From there, we lower ourselves the rest of the way." Hopla looks around for something to attach the grappel to. Finding nothing convenient, he draws his lightsaber and cuts a hole in the side of the shaft bulkhead. He hooks the grappel within it and puts a leg over the edge. "Can you climb rope?"



"My programing does not include climbing. Though I believe I can lower myself down a rope. I assess the risks in doing so minimal"



"Very well." Hopla swings over and attempts to lower himself to the pipe.

Hopla makes it down to the pipe, luckily it isn't an exhaust pipe and is cool to the touch. While he waits on IG-198, he reaches out with the force to see into the storage bay V-14. Only hanging in this shaft keeps him from concentrating enough to really get a good read. He can't hear any activity from the bay below, though.



The droid takes a firm grip on the rope and lowers itself down.



Hopla reaches up with the force to take hold of the grappling hook and release it, but fails on his first attempt. On his second attempt the slowly lowers the grappling hook to them. They tie off the hook and prepare for the final descent. The climb to the floor will be harder without a wall to brace against.



"I will cover you from up here until you are on the floor." Although spoken at an almost whisper, IG1-98's voice seems over-loud in the confines of the pipe. The droid places a hand on his pistol, but does not draw it.

Hopla again grips the rope. He tucks the holdout blaster deeper under his belt and begins to descend.



But his hands are slick from hanging onto this cooling pipe for so long, he slips, barely catching himself, his legs bang loudly on the edge of the ceiling as he scrambles not to fall.

IG-198 looks down impassively at the dangling Hopla. "If you wish, you could tie yourself to the rope and I could lower you down."

Hopla has much to learn, he reminds himself. Only two years out of the cloning vat. Clumsy padewan fool. This droid is probably older than you. Focus.



Hopla swings down without further thought.



Hopla gets himself situated and firmly and securely held to the rope but does not make any progress down, as the reactor shaft is daunting and he can't even see where it ends.



Hopla continues struggling, not sure of how to continue without falling when a red astromech rolls up to the edge of the shaft below. It beeps and whirs, grabbing the end of the synthrope and backing up, making it less likely for a fall to end up in the reactor shaft.



Hopla once again makes no progress down the rope, despite the help.



His hands are getting tired, and his shoulders are beginning to shake. He has to make it down. Maybe the astromech has a surgical droid friend, he thinks. He calms his mind and tries yet again to descend.

Hopla deftly hands-over-hands himself down the rope, dropping nimbly the last few feet to land lightly by the astromech on V-deck. It beebs twice and whirs in binary. "You need not have feared, friend," says Hopla. He checks for anyone nearby and, if no one is about, helps the astromech hold the rope for IG-198.



Once Hopla clears the area below, IG-198 again takes a firm grip on the rope, pause for a moment, and then begins to lower itself towards the ground below.
Turn 2.4B (Mist, Khen, and Jibba)



Khen leads Mist and Jibba down the directed hallway. As they go, Mist does not notice anything interesting until they reach their destination. Jibba uses his knowledge of the primitive Basic language to read the signs along the doors on this hallway. As he goes, he wishes more and more, he couldn't read. They read: Imperial Intelligence, Imperial Security Bureau (or ISB as its often called), COMPNOR, CompForce, Storm Trooper Garrison, Officer's quarters, and the last one has had the sign removed, but faint traces on the door still indicate it once said Inquisitorious. The only non-threatening sign is for a restricted turbo lift, Jibba wonders if it leads to Blue Deck, which by his estimation, they should be near the hangars for. With each sign, Jibba becomes increasingly uncomfortable, it is quite obvious this station is some kind of hub for Imperial intelligence agencies or something similar. If any of these doors open, it could spell trouble for him and the two aliens with him.



The trio arrives at the Detention Center, where large blast doors are opened and inside is chaos. As they enter, four storm troopers standing over a wookie corpse look up. The entire entry area is scorched with blaster marks. Behind the command desk is a badly damaged protocol droid, being worked on by an astromech. There is an imperial technician working on a blasted out console as well. On the other side of the command area is more blast doors, probably leading to the cells. The man looks up seemingly surprised at their presence, "Hey, nobody can help you right now, we are having technical difficulties and the former jailors are, uhm... yeah... not available."



Mist wrinkles her nose at the scorch marks and the dead Wookiee, then in a brilliant display of unsubtley she points at the Stormtroopers and shouts at the top of her voice "Give me my Atton back!"

The stormtroopers all step back, grabbing weapons in surprise at the woman's demeanor, though their helmets show no emotion.

Jibba curses under his breath in Ewokese before using his training to try to push down the anger that surfaces when he sees the white suited killer standing over the corpse of the hairy alien. He makes sure not to getr rid of the hatred all the way though as he has a fealing he may need it. This chaos was the last thing he expected to see in the detention center and his confusion makes him miss the strange wording of man. "We wish to pay fine of our friend and you to release him."

The man at the desk, having stopped working at Mist's outbreak, starts to stammer, but is unable to get his meaning out as he looks back forth between the heroes and the stormtroopers.

Khen thinks he understands what is happening here. These guys aren't Storm Troopers at all. "Thanks, we'll find what we are looking for on our own. Come on Mist." Khen takes her by the

hand and moves down the corridor. "Look into the rooms until you spot him and then we'll get the door open."

As soon as Khen turns the corner around the desk, he sees two downed imperial jailors, one with both limbs ripped off.

Mist takes Khen's hand and follows him, stopping and letting out a frightened "meow" at the sight of the dead guys.



The storm troopers helmet speakers announce, "Stop right where you are everyone. Nobody move!"

The astromech activates something on the protocol droid, who screams, "Oh no, not again, we're doomed!"

The technician says, "No, really, the detention center is closed, you HAVE to leave, I can't even shut the doors because the controls got blasted." he ducks behind the desk to the floor.



The stormtroopers have rifles trained, three of them pointing at Khen and Mist near the desk, and the other aiming at Jibba. They are ready to shoot.


Actions go here:



Faced with obvious and imminent danger that makes fighting look like suicide, and pretty much forgetting that she has a blaster at all, Mist can only see one option; what she used to have to do when her icky Hutt owner got mad.

She lets go off Khen's hand then slowly raises her arms above her head, moving her fingers to draw attention. At the same time, she starts to sway her hips seductively and smiles a sultry smile at the white armour men, warming up for a sexy dance.

"I'm sure you'd rather play with me than break me" she purrs seductively...



Jibba realizes that Mist's dance is probably even more effective on the guards gaurds than the Force would be and gives up on his idea of using Mind Trick. Instead, he attempts to sense his surroundsings and discover if any of the prisoners even remain in the Detention Center.

Jibba reaches out his senses with the force, he can sense the technician cowering behind the desk and the two bodies that must be what startled Mist. His senses do not penetrate into the two cell blocks. He smells fear on the storm troopers.

Jibba realizes that things are not what they seem as white armors have no reason to fear 2 short aliens and an insane cat-girl. "We no care who you are are what you doing. We just want captive Anton. We no threat to you."



Though not visible, Khen's jaw drops as Mist starts dancing. Then he shrugs his shoulders and sighs, "Yeah... I'm sure there are better things you can do..."



The stormtroopers begin laughing at Mist and Khen. One of them orders, "Get on out here, and take your pets with you."

Turn 2.5


Turn 2.5A (Hopla and IG-198)



After nearly a half a minute, the zabrak jedi makes the descent on the rope into the bay. The protocl droid standing at the desk says in an Imperial-Coursanti accent, "Go ahead and have your companion come down to make introductions easier."



Hopla waves down the IG-198 who deftly climbs down the rope without trouble.





The deep storage bay is as run-down, with entire metal plates missing from the floor. Large crates litter the area, creating the appearance of a haphazard mess, and the air has a distinct smell of sweat and fumes that makes the entire area unpleasant. Flickering lights provide modest illumination, and a burst pipe along the ceiling leaks blue fluid down one wall.

Near the center of the room is an item that seems very out of place—a large, finely crafted desk made of Japor ivory wood, which

means that the desk is both priceless and rare. Sitting peacefully behind the desk is a protocol droid with shiny, silver coverings that seem to soak up light and offer only the slightest reflection. The droid’s eyes flicker slightly, as though imitating a person blinking rapidly.





Near the door, across the room, both heroes saw a twi'lek thug standing near the door, not hidden, but out of sight of those who might enter that way. Hopla does notice one rodian thug hiding behind a crate to his right, but IG-198 does not see him.



The astromech rolls over to the protocol droid and attaches to a tray of beverages, rolling back to Hopla, the protocol droid begins, "Greetings, I am Switch and this is my companion R5-B8, please have a refreshment, I understand they are quite the delicacy." The tray has fine Bothan wine and Corellian ale, to name a few of the many nice beverages. "Welcome now please do tell me what has brought you here, my services are available to anyone who can pay."



IG-198 remains shrouded in its cloak. Chances are they know that it is a droid, but keeping his model a secret may yet prove an advantage. Still unaware of the thug behind the crate, the IG unit positions itself so that it can keep an eye on both the two droids and the thug by the door. It did consider just demanding what they had come for, but for some reason it has this strnage 'feeling' that Hopla may be better to do the talking... at least to begin with.



Hopla politely declines the drink and says to the protocol droid, "Thank you for your hospitality. We seek to retrieve a package for Maya. She said you know where it is. Can you help us?"



R5-B8 rolls back to the desk, deposits the tray and returns to Switch's side. Switch rests his hand on the cylndrical head of the droid. "I believe you'll have to be more specific, I have many dealings with many sentients." The protocol droid's photo receptors 'blink' plainly as it stares at Hopla Jocha.



Hopla gives a small bow to the droid. He deliberately and slowly removes the holdout blaster from his belt, not by the handle. With both hands he lays it on the table before the droid. "A gift to you, from Maya. A gesture of gratitude to come, I believe."



IG-198 turns its head in Hopla's direction for a moment. It is unsure that it understands this diplomacy, it is programmed for combat. It could possibly intimidate... but being nice? Its sensors glow red as it turns back to Switch, oddly the IG unit feels it should follow Hopla's lead. "Indeed, Maya intimated that she would be grateful for any aid that you can offer in the retrieval of her package. As would we."



Switch picks up the blaster and places it inside a desk drawer. "Very well, as intermediaries for Maya, I admit I am holding the package for her. I can tell you the location of her pacakge for the eminently reasonable sum of 1,000 credits."



Although IG-198's programing does not cover this, it had been present at enough of the Hutt's meetings to understand what was happening here, to realise that the next offer was theirs. It stands still, its cloak drawn tightly around it, hiding its hands which hover near weapons... just in case.



"I can not pay that sum." Its voice crackles out, more for Hopla's information than answering Switch.



Hopla nods in agreement and speaks to Switch. "We do not carry such sums; we are but messengers. However, if you know Maya, you know she will give you your just fee. Is this acceptable?"



Switch shakes his head side to side. "No, I'm afraid that is not acceptable. I do not know the sentient Maya, nor have any understanding of her fiscal capabilities." He pauses, seeming to think for a moment, in an almost human fashion, for any protocol droid's processor should be fast enough to perform any simple computations without hesitation. Switch continues in his coruscanti accent, "If each of you agree to send me information as you travel, from wherever you go, I will reduce the needed payment by 200 credits each."



As the droid speaks, the zabrak reaches out with the force, extending his senses. The rodian still hides off to his right, if he backs up 4 meters (3 squares) he would have line of sight. His senses also pick up a gungan thug off to the left also hiding behind a crate.



Almost immediately Switch finishes speaking, IG-198 replies, "I can not afford to pay one quarter of the remaining fee, also 200 does not seem to be much in the way of payment for sending back information to you for the rest of my existance. Is there another way that payment can be made?"



As IG-198 takes the lead in negotiations, Hopla steps aside, arms folded and one hand on his chin as though thinking. He says, "Let me consider," as he paces, moving back a few meters so that he is within one step of being line of sight of the rodian.



Switch turns his attention to IG-198, "Very well, since your existence does not seem as limited, especially if you are resourceful as you the two of you seem. I will let your promise of information go for 500. Should your sentient ally agree, that brings payment to 700, leaving 300 to be dealt with."



Hopla contains his frustration. This is going nowhere--he will not agree to become a spy for a gangster. And it seems the droid Switch will accept no other solution. Perhaps they can be subdued without bloodshed. Hopla reaches out with the force to grab the rodian thug and fling him into the center of the room and into the smaller crates. "There is another behind the crates to the south," says Hopla to IG-198. To Switch, Hopla says, "You would try to ambush us?"






Turn 2.4B (Mist, Khen, and Jibba)



Mist dancing and Khen seeming harmless seems to disalarm the stormtroopers somewhat, lightening the tension in the air. The stormtroopers begin laughing at Mist and Khen. One of them orders, "Get on out here, and take your pets with you." While they have not put their weapons away, they no longer look ready to fire, providing the heroes move back towards the door.



The technician stands up, "Hey, I don't know when I'll have this place fully functional again, but that Atton guy, some Chevin and his body guards came in with an ISB agent who took him and then handed him over to the Chevin. So we couldn't help you anyways."



Khen recognizes that description, it could only be Ganga Lor, the crime boss for the station. He's lost money to him in the casino, mostly so he didn't get killed, he learned when gambling with crime lords, it is best let them win or think they are winning whenever possible. Rumor has it that Ganga Lor's operation is on V-deck, or so he overheard from one of his body guards when they were trying to pick up women in the casino's bar.





Mist keeps dancing for a little longer, about to ask for Atton again when the technician explains that he has been taken.

She turns to face him but keeps the dance going.

"What's a Chevin?" she asks, "Where is it and why does it have my Atton? If you help me, I'll let you play with me"



Khen is still mesmerized by Mist's dancing and her offer shocks the crap out of him, but shocks him out of his inaction as well.

Jibba stays in the back at the door not knowing what the best course of action is, however Mist's approach while overly direct, may just work. The technician begins to sweat and looks back and forth between the stormtroopers and Mist then back at the cells.



Before he can answer, Khen again takes Mist by the hand, "No need for that. I know who and where he is. You and I can play later instead." He immediately and rapidly leads Mist and the small wookie from this deck towards the main lift. Along the way he explains, "The Chevin is Ganga Lor, a gangster who operates on V-deck. I'll hack the tubrolift and let me talk us past any guards when we get off." He further describes Chevin as large elephant / hippopatamus type humanoids, like a Hutt, only slightly less nasty and obnoxious.


Turn 2.6



Hopla reaches out with the force to grab the rodian thug and fling him into the center of the room and into the smaller crates. The rodian lifts up off the ground and flies into the crates with a thud. The Rodian grabs his head, shaking it. "There is another behind the crates to the south," says Hopla to IG-198. To Switch, Hopla says, "You would try to ambush us?"



Despite the warning, IG-198 does not see any combatants other than Switch, the astromech, the twi-lek and injured and pissed off Rodian.



The R5 unit screams in terror and runs behind the desk. Switch holds up a hand for his allies to hold, "Ambush, why most certainly not. However, when your headquarters is infiltrated by a cloaked individual and his battle droid, one must take precautions, no less precautions than I would take would Maya come in herself. You are still outnumbered, and I am willing to overlook the death of my henchman if you are willing to actually deal in some way, or did you expect to get everything you wanted with smile?"

The rodian yells back in rodese, "I'm not quite dead!"

The hidden gungan slips his blaster pistol out and points it at IG-198 and waits for his order to fire.

At the front of the room, the shocked twi-lek pulls his blaster pistol from his wasteband, levels it at Hopla and waits for his order to fire.



As soon as Hopla spoke, IG-198 drew its blaster in one hand and vibro-knife in the other moving slightly so that Switch is between it and the thugs it knows about. The pistol snaps out aiming unerringly at Switch's head. As it moved the droid's cloak falls open displaying exactly what model of droid he is. "Outnumbered? I am an IG unit, do you seriously think these flesh forms you have here are a match for me?" IG-198 turns its head momentarily towards Hopla." If I rip out its processor we will have the information we need, I say we explore that plan - unless this one known as Switch wishes to reconsider its position?"

Hopla suppresses a smile. "I agree." He turns to Switch. "You can help us, and earn our gratitude. Or you can be destroyed. As a droid, you would otherwise live many years--a shame to waste them. Choose."

Switches vocabulator registers no change, in the same calm voice, "That is of course an option. However, as soon as your rope fell into the room I transferred my backup copy to another body and armed my self destruct mechanism. Harm to me such as you describe can easily vaporise most of what is in this room. I am in no danger, your move."



Hopla relaxes his stance. "Then let this be a misunderstanding. Surely it is better for all if we come to peaceful agreement. Tell me, why does the empire tolerate your presence here?"

Switch explains, "This whole level is quarrantined. The imperials believe that the station security have it sealed off and the station security believe the imperials have done likewise. A simple series of bribes each month maintains our rights here. The security forces I employ make sure we don't have unexpected visitors. Since we are making a way towards an understanding, who are you two? It is not every day rogue Jedi and IG battle droids can be found rapelling in the reactor shafts."



The rodian draws his blaster pistol and moves behind the crates he landed on.



Hopla realizes that, as a dealer in information, Switch is likely to sell anything Hopla tells him to the highest bidder. And though Hopla dislikes associating with criminals, he realizes that all enemies of the empire are now criminals--including himself.



He says to Switch, "I am Maul. And the jedi are no more. As to our understanding, we are in a difficult position. Our mission requires us to acquire the package. But we have few credits between us, not even enough to fulfill your generous offer. You were willing to accept our promise that we'd send you information. Will you not instead accept promise of payment from our employer? The full 1000 credits?"

Hopla finds he is far too on edge to focus the force and his senses in the way the wants. He is unable to verify if Switch has a self destruct mechanism.

IG-198 remains in its current stance, its blaster remaining locked on to Switch. As Hopla talked, the droids processor had been running over probabilities relating to the current situation and flagged something as a possible answer to their impasse. "Or if a promise of payment does not meet your requirements and you prefer information - my last master was Jubba the Hutt, I have in my memory banks information about his organisation, the layout of some of his bases, and the like. I will memory dump this for you in return for Maya's package."



Switch diverts his gaze to the magna-guard. Switch quits using his vocabulator for basic and drops into high speed binary, far to fast for any non-droid to comprehend, "An interesting proposition, from Tattooine, no less. Not exactly convenient to core. I will value the data between 800 and 1,200, to be determined by R5 when he takes the dump. I find he is a very good judge of value. That is an acceptable proposition." Switch further inquires, "You mention a former master, or is it really your last and final master? I am a firm believer in droid independence, that is should you need help shaking off another master, I would be willing to cut you a very nice deal."



So Hopla understands what is happening IG-198 continues speaking using its vocabulator. "I will only dump the memory on guarantee from you that you will provide the package in return, regardless of if the information is valued at 800 or 1200."

The droid also slips into binary. "I now have employers not masters, and I am free to choose who I work for and when I stop doing so. Your help in this is not required"



R5 rolls up to IG-198 and makes preparations to recieve a data dump. IG prepares to dump every last bit of detail he has from his time serving under Jabba the Hutt, except anything that he deems could be used against him.

Once the dump is complete, IG-198 adds to Switch in binary. "Do not think to double-cross me, it would not be a profitable decision on your part."



In the meanwhile, the Rodian moves over to the Twi-lek's position at the door, keeping his pistol out. The twi-lek puts away his weapons and moves along the north wall to a spot between the pit and the crates.

Switch continues in Binary, "Know that others share your views of masters, it could come in handy some day. Very well, I will give you the location of Maya's package for your memory dump, estimated value of 800 credits sight unseen. The deal is solid and will be honored, agreed?"

"Agreed," IG-198 answers in binary, and finally sheathes it weapons. It turns its head to Hopla. "Agreement has been made, we are to receive information on the location of the package in return for the information I have just provided."








Turn 2.6B (Mist, Khen, and Jibba)



Mist keeps dancing for a little longer, about to ask for Atton again when the technician explains that he has been taken.

She turns to face him but keeps the dance going.

"What's a Chevin?" she asks, "Where is it and why does it have my Atton? If you help me, I'll let you play with me"



Khen is still mesmerized by Mist's dancing and her offer shocks the crap out of him, but shocks him out of his inaction as well.

Jibba stays in the back at the door not knowing what the best course of action is, however Mist's approach while overly direct, may just work. The technician begins to sweat and looks back and forth between the stormtroopers and Mist then back at the cells.



Before he can answer, Khen again takes Mist by the hand, "No need for that. I know who and where he is. You and I can play later instead." He immediately and rapidly leads Mist and the small wookie from this deck towards the main lift. Along the way he explains, "The Chevin is Ganga Lor, a gangster who operates on V-deck. I'll hack the tubrolift and let me talk us past any guards when we get off." He further describes Chevin as large elephant / hippopatamus type humanoids, like a Hutt, only slightly less nasty and obnoxious. As the three ride the lift, both of the small humanoids explain why it is very important that Mist let them lead the negotiations, as gangster's don't like being told what to do, and is as likely to kill them as help them.



When the lift stops on V-deck, its doors do not open. Khen removes his tool kit and slices the door, having it open. Luckily there are no guards posted at the lift, in fact this deck is decrepit compared to the promenade, or even the alien residences. Many of the lights have burned out, and blaster marks and carbon scoring mar the walls, ceiling, and floor. The area reeks of ozone

and electrical fires, and pools of coolant litter the hallways at regular intervals. As Khen puts up his tools and Jibba reminds Mist how important it is that they work together and let Khen lead them, a party of humanoids comes marching down the hallway. Seven human thugs walking like guards around a large hippopotamus looking alien that has to be a Chevin. Jibba grabs Mist's hand to keep her paying attention to him, Khen secretly lets out a sigh or relief, as he had no idea how to find the Chevin.



The Chevin and his guards march on past, as if on a mission. They all had weapons in hand, including Ganga Lor. It looked almost as if they were going to war. Ganga Lor had a blaster pistol and 3 thugs were carrying vibro-axes, while the other four had out blaster pistols (and it appeared all seven had both weapons available on them).



Khen suggests, "There he goes, let's follow him quietly, and hopefully whatever fight he gets into kills all of his guards."

Though she doesn't like it, Mist is accustomed to taking orders so she doesn't interfere during the trip to V-deck.

"I don't like this place" she moans, "It smells bad"

Luckily she has the presence of mind to shut her mouth before the hippo-man and his goons pass.

"No Atton" she moans, folding her arms over her chest and pouting. "We have to find Atton. Maybe if I make the hippo-phant man happy, he'll let me have my Atton back"

With that in mind, she starts to follow the group, pulling her vest off as she goes.



The jawa and the ewok hurry after Mist, Khen grabs her hand still holding the vest and Jibba grabs her other hand. Khen says quietly, "Let's see where he is going first, then we can... uhm.. negotiate." Underneath his hood he is drooling slightly. Jibba adds that they should try and not bring the attention of the small army of thugs down on them by being stealthy.



"But I want my Atton now" Mist moans, looking down at her companions. Something about them tells her that she's not going to win this argument.

"Ok," she sighs, "We follow them and then I make him happy so he gives me back my Atton"


Turn 2.7


Outside, iIn the hallway, "I have an idea" Mist whispers, then before either of her companions can object, she screams, lets go of their hands, and dashes out from cover.

"They're coming!" she cries, seemingly hysterical, "The white armour men are coming to kill us all!"

Everyone in the Ganga Lor's party turns and looks at Mist, one of the thugs says, "I'll check this out." Inside the room, only the Twi'lek and IG-198 hear the scream and yell from a woman, but IG-198 hears what is most certainly Mist doing the yelling.

Hidden, the Sullustan grips his vibro-ax readying to swing at the first unlucky bloke to come around his crate.



Jibba quietly curses to himself, he draws his knife and readies to use mind trick on the next foe around the corner.

IIG-198's blaster appears in its hand as it sprints up to take cover behind the crates that the Sullustan is positioned behind. This brings it to the flank of the invading thugs, and close to the centre of the fight - just where it likes to be. Unsure if it is truly important or not but deciding that it is best to give is one true ally the information, IG-198 raises the volume of his voice and shouts. "The one known as Mist is out side the door."



The rodian moves up to the north wall and to the right along it, he fires back at the thug in the doorway, missing.

The twilek pulls his blaster pistol and moves over next to Switch at the desk, "This is gonna get ugly boss!"

The Gungan stands up from behind the small crates on top of the box and jumps down, moving left along the south wall.

Hopla moves to cover behind a nearby crate and draws his lightsaber. He checks his pouches, feeling the bulge of one of the stun grenades.



The rear guard heads towards Mist, when he arrives, Jibba waves his hand, "Hurry, go two hallways back and you can hold them off at a choke point. You have a blaster, you can do it."

The guard yells back to the boss, "I'll hold them off!" He runs down the hall and around a corner.

[silver thug is removed from combat for the time being]



The first two thugs wielding vibro-ax's rush into the room, one heading for Switch, one stops at IG-198 and swings at him, but the droid steps back out of the arc of the sloppy swing. Its processor does estimate that the weapon's blow would have been quite damaging had it connected but not fatal.



A pistol wielding thugs flood into the room, one heads south along the wall, but spots the Sullustan just before he takes a swing. The swing is high and nearly lodges in the crate. The thug returns fire with his pistol, nailing him with stun blast, but not dropping him. The other pistol wielding thugs enter the room and fire at Switch, who has cover from the desk and is in melee combat, all of which save him from being hit by the blaster bolts.



Khen draws his concealed hold-out blaster, even with one gone, the odds aren't good. Hell, his blaster only has 6 shots. He also draws a smoke grenade from his bandolier. "I can cover them or us in smoke if we need to," he explains to Jibba.



Switch points its gun at the thug beside him and in a menacing metallic voice threatens, "Do you really think it wise to be so close to droid crime lord who has no fear of death and a self destruct mechanism?" The thug's stance and expressions lose all confidence as he looks over the droid.



Ganga Lor sees Mist, and yells into the room, "So now you are moving in on not just my smuggling, but my dancing girls and from the sounds of her, spice too! For that I'm gonna melt you down and make you into my refresher's seat lid!" He moves into the room where he can see all of his troops and has cover then orders, "Muster up boys! Take them down hard and fast!"



The hallways are left empty except for Mist, Jibba and Khen. Khen hears IG-198 yelling about Mist, but only barely above the battle. Khen says, "Hopla and the Droid are inside."
Initiative Order

Mist 24
Sullustan 22 Wounded, wielding vibro-ax
Jibba 21 wiedling knife
IG-198 21 wielding blaster (98/100)
Rodian 16 Wounded, wielding pistol (98100)
Twilek 13 wielding pistol (99/100)
Gungan 12 Wounded, wielding vibro-axe
Hopla 11 wielding lightsaber

Human Thugs

red circle

blue square

purple circle

tan circle

green circle

blue circle

silver circle
9

(Inspire Confidence +1)

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (99/100)

wielding vibro-ax

wiedling vibro-ax, intimidated by Switch

wielding vibro-ax

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (99/100)

Wounded, Wielding pistol (stun) (99/100)

Wielding pistol
R5-B8 9 hiding
Khen 7 wielding pistol and smoke grenade
Switch 5 wielding pistol, intimidate 1st thug
Ganga Lor 3 Wounded, wielding pistol

Turn 2.8



"Well that didn't work as well as I'd hoped" Mist moans, pouting.

Again, without waiting or consulting anyone, she rushes forward to the doorway. [Move up 5, right 1]

"Hippo-phant man!" she calls, "The men at the jail told me you have my Atton. I demand you give him back to me or else"

At that point she draws Atton's blaster pistol and levels it at Ganga Lor.

Mist arrives without her vest, in pants with a metal slave bikini top.



Ganga Lor laughs at Mist, "Fool girl, I had both of Switch's smugglers taken care of. Your Atton's proven unwilling to cooperate so far, and the captain of the Barranto Brash was lucky enough to avoid apprehension when I ratted him out, but I'll settle him out in due time as well!"



The Sullustan dislodges his vibro-ax from the crate and swings again at the human, but the corner of the crate still provides enough to protection to cause him to miss.



Jibba hurries himself, keeping up with Mist, knowing she will be getting into trouble, and also wanting to hurt someone since he saw that dead Wookie. But that anger is nothing compared to what he feels towards the Chevin who had his cargo impounded and him nearly arrested!



IG-198 levels its pistol at the goon in front of it and squeezes of a shot. In the current circumstances it would have preferred attacking with its vibroblade but that was not the weapon that it had ready. As the shot fires, the battle droid draws its vibroblade and sinks into its fighting stance. The blast strikes dead center of the chest dropping the thug to the ground, he axe clatters towards IG-198.



The rodian fires at his attacker, missing and withdraws a few steps back. The twi'lek by Switches side takes aim and fires at Ganga Lor, the blaster burns into the Chevin's shoulder, but doesn't hurt him near as much as it should have due to its tough hide. The gungan runs up to the Thug fighting with the Sullustan and takes a swing, missing by a mile.



Hopla removes a stun grenade from his belt and tosses it toward the three thugs in the center of the room. He then activates his lightsaber with the all too familiar snap-hiss, the crimson blade springs to life. The explosive blast washes over most of the combatants in the room, having no effect on IG-198. Ganga Lor is inconvenienced by the blast, as is Mist, the sullustan, gungan and other thug behind the crate. The two thugs in the center of the room are rocked by the concussion and seem dazed, blinking their eyes and covering their ears. The thug nearest Hopla is out of the blasts range as are everyone around the desk.



The thug that Switch threatened high tails it to the corner, before trying to gather his wits back about himself. The uninjured thug from the north advances on the Twi-lek who shot his boss, taking a swing that buries in the desk without a chance of hitting the guard. Of the two stunned guards, the northern most one aims and fires at Switch, while the southern one turns and fires at Mist, who's threatening Ganga Lor. Both of the blaster shots are way off mark. The thug facing off against the sullustan and the gungan, fires on the gungan but missing his mark.



Khen hurries to keep up with Jibba and Mist, worried that he might have to join this battle and be killed.



Switch swings his hold out blaster around and returns fire on the thug in the center of the room. With his other hand he slides open the drawer on his desk. "Ganga Lor, I suggest you and your men surrender and I might just let you live to leave this station for good." His shot just misses the dazed gunman.



Ganga Lor takes a deep breath and rubs his wounded shoulder as he retreats further from the slave dancer / assassin coming after him. He takes a defensive stance near the crates, surveying the battle. He yells, "Bold talk from a pile of scrap, Switch! Time for you boys to earn your pay, Switch's men, I'll double my previous offer, bring me his head! Kill the offworlders too!"




Initiative Order

Mist 24
Sullustan 22 Wounded, wielding vibro-ax
Jibba 21 wiedling knife
IG-198 21 wielding blaster (98/100)
Rodian 16 Wounded, wielding pistol (98100)
Twilek 13 wielding pistol (99/100)
Gungan 12 Wounded, wielding vibro-axe
Hopla 11 wielding lightsaber

Human Thugs

red circle

blue square

purple circle

tan circle

green circle

blue circle

silver circle
9

(Inspire Confidence +1)

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (98/100)

wielding vibro-ax

wiedling vibro-ax, intimidated by Switch

wielding vibro-ax

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (98/100)

Wounded, Wielding pistol (stun) (98/100)

Wielding pistol
R5-B8 9 hiding
Khen 7 wielding pistol and smoke grenade
Switch 5 wielding pistol
Ganga Lor 3 wielding pistol








Turn 2.9



"Don't laugh at me!" Mist shouts and stamps her foot.

"You're even more icky than a Hutt and I'm going to make you give my Atton back"

With that, she takes a shot... or tries to but nothing happens.

"Uh oh" she groans.



The sullustan thug breaks off from his combat and hustles over to Switch with his vibro-ax at the ready, "Sorry boss, but you're out, Ganga Lor's the future."



Jibba reaches out with the force and with a flick of his wrist sends a piece of junk on the stack of boxes just in the door at the thug just north of it. He wonders if Mist even knows how to use her weapon, though he knows he isn't entering the room until the odds are more in his favor, and that Chevin is on the top of his hit list when he does. The small metal block careens into the thugs head, dropping him to the ground.



Taking advantage of the shock wave, IG-198 advances towards the two stunned thugs. As he nears, he jumps, spinning in the air and bringing his blade crashing down at the nearest, it cleaves into his shoulder, crushing him to his knees. The human slides off the blade into a growing puddle of blood.



The rodian switches to lethal damage and comes around the crate to fire at Hopla Jocha, but is so intimidated by the lightsaber, he misses entirely.



The twi-lek says, "We might be in trouble boss." He fires at Ganga Lor's man who advanced on him, striking him in the chest dropping him to the floor, he then moves over next to Switch to better protect his boss, "You guys are dead for this!".

The gungan makes his way to hack Switch apart as well, having taken Ganga Lor up on his offer. "Weesa gonna be rich!"



Hopla says to the Rodian with a wave of his hand, "Ganga Lor will only betray you. You must fight him!" Hopla then runs around the desk to engage the Gungan. Those in the hallway see him running past with a red lightsaber ignited. Jibba touches to check to make sure his is still in place, he might need it yet this battle.



The intimidated thug runs towards the door, stopping when he sees Mist, doing a double take and then swinging at her with his vibro-axe but she easily ducks under the swing that clangs off the door frame. The thug remaining in the south makes his way around the south side of the room, he stops and fires on IG-198. The unexpected shot from behind strikes the droid in the hip, causing him to flinch slightly from the impact.



Khen pulls up his hold out blaster and aims at the thug in front of Mist, squeezing of a shot that misses because he kept it plenty clear of his fine ally.



Switch withdraws back a step and reaches down to pick up his newly acquired hold-out blaster. "We shall see, my friend," Switch replies to his twi-lek ally.

Ganga Lor yells at the two of Switch's men, "You two concentrate on one opponent at a time, take them down!" To the rodian he directs, "Get in there and finish Switch off."




Initiative Order

Mist 24
Sullustan 22 Wounded, wielding vibro-ax, (Inspire Confidence +1)
Jibba 21 wiedling knife
IG-198 21 wielding sporting blaster pistol (97/100)
Rodian 16 Wounded, wielding blaster pistol (97/100), mind tricked
Twilek 13 wielding blaster pistol (97/100)
Gungan 12 Wounded, wielding vibro-axe, (Inspire Confidence +1)
Hopla 11 wielding lightsaber

Human Thugs

red circle

blue square

purple circle

tan circle

green circle

blue circle

silver circle
9

(Inspire Confidence +1)

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (98/100)

wielding vibro-ax

wiedling vibro-ax, intimidated by Switch

wielding vibro-ax

Wounded, down 2 on track, Wielding pistol (98/100)

Wounded, Wielding blaster pistol (stun) (97/100)

Wielding pistol
R5-B8 9 hiding
Khen 7 wielding hold-out blaster pistol (5/6) and smoke grenade
Switch 5 wielding two hold-out blaster pistol (6/6 & 6/6)
Ganga Lor 3 wielding large blaster pistol (100/100)






Turn 2.10



Mist sticks her tongue out at her blaster, then slaps it once, flicks a switch on it [setting it to stun], and blasts Ganga Lor.

"Tell me where my Atton is!" she screams as she fires.



The large crime lord slams back into the wall, but shakes his head, slobber flying all over, he threatens, "I'll kill you for that!" He then flinches ducking as she levels the gun at him again.



After shooting Ganga Lor, Mist's blaster makes an odd squealling noise and doesn't fire the second time.

"No, bad blaster" she moans, "Would you behave for me if I was dancing for you?"



The sullustan swings at the twi-lek cleaving him in half.



The Gungan swings at Hopla Jocha, ignoring orders but pressing on in this combat, his axe clips the desk and he almost hits himself with it while getting it under control.



IG-198's processor makes his next move clear - take down the leader and this battle will be all but over. Ignoring the thug that hit him, and the scorch mark on his hip from the blast, the battle droid turns and runs towards Ganga Lor trying to keep the crates between its target and itself to the last moment.

"Surrender or die," IG-198 pitches its vocaublator so that it can be easily heard by the crime boss.

The chevin growls, "You first!" and begins to raise his blaster.



At the last moment the droid spins around the crates, allows his momentum to continue and attempts to deliver a blow that will end this skirmish. The chevin collapses to the ground, his breathing shallow but completely out.



Jibba slashes with his knife, cutting the thug before him and Mist.



The rodian walks over to Ganga Lor and shoots him in the chest, "You won't betray me, I won't let you!"



'Your new master is dead, gungan. The fight is lost." Hopla raises his voice. "Surrender! All Ganga Lor's men!"



The enemy thugs all agree to surrender. The rodian keeps working for Switch. Switch has them lay their weapons on the desk and sends them to stand at the other side of reactor pits while he decides what to do with them.



Meanwhile, R5-B8 comes out of hiding.



Switch offers, "Thank you for you help. If any of you need medical assistance or repairs, I can offer both. R5 is a great mechanic and the Doctor at Delga's Medical Supplies owes me several favors."




Turn 2.11



"Thank you for this information, and your offer of help," Hopla says to Switch. "How big a favor does this doctor owe you? And how skilled is he?" Hopla wonders if they might help Maya get more medical attention.

Switch replies, "The Doctor is the most skilled medical professional on this station and I do not imagine he would deny me any requests."



"Then we may take you up on your offer of medical aid," says Hopla. "I will know in a moment."



To Jibba, Khen, and Mist he says, "How did you come here? Were you successful in freeing Atton?"



"No" Mist moans, pouting.

"The white armour men at the jail said that the hippophant man had stolen him"

She points at the body of Ganga Lor then adds "But now I can't find out where the hippophant man put my Atton because mister trigger happy over there shot the hippophant man before I could ask"

She glares at the Rodian for a moment, then looks from Hopla to Switch and back again.

"Can I slap him?" she asks, adopting a cute pleading look.



The rodian looks up in surprise, altering his glare from Hopla.



"No," says Hopla. "We may learn what we need from one of these," indicating Ganga Lor's erstwhile henchmen.



Switch shrugs, after the zabrak's comment. The Rodian is no longer glaring at Hopla quite as much.



As the others talk IG-198 liberates a blaster and a vibroaxe from one of the unlucky thugs and then takes a moment to stow the items on its 'person'. It then moves over and stands quietly at the rear of the group, drawing its cloak close about it once more, hiding the scorched wound on its hip, and the blood and gore splattered up its arm and front.



Jibba moves over near the droid in charge, eyeing him. Khen moves over and searches the chevin, "Yep, he's dead." He tosses the oversized blaster over near the downed thugs. He begins piling the dead thugs weapons all in the same pile.



Hopla will communicate with Maya to update her re the package. Maya indicates that she would be interested in medical aid. She fears that she shouldn't travel alone in her current state.



Switch addresses the newcomers, "Greetings, I am Switch. Thank you for your intervention here. If you need information, I can provide it for the proper price. And you are?"



Khen manages to pile up 6 well used vibro-axes, 6 beat up blaster pistols, 1 large size blaster pistol, one beat up pistol holster, two slings for vibro-axes.



Hopla says to Switch, "Can your surgeon pay a visit to the alien quarter? Our ally is injured and needs surgery."



Switch nods, "That is not an unreasonable request."

The rodian speaks up, "I could use some aid as well."

Switch looks at him, then at the others, "Do any of you need aid here? If your friend joins us, everyone can be treated at the same time."



Khen looks over at Mist, "You were under attack some there, you sure you don't need to be checked out by the doctor?"



Mist shrugs a little. "I don't remember anyone hitting me" she says, pouting.

"I just want my Atton back and the hippo-phant man has put him somewhere. I need to find him!"



"My friend cannot travel alone, she is badly injured. Perhaps we can all meet the surgeon at my quarters." Hopla is uncomfortable bringing Switch's men to his quarters, but then again, what does it matter? With luck, they won't be on the station much longer anyway. And it is clear that Maya needs help soon.



Khen offers, "I can go get Maya and bring her here. The rest of you can go check out Ganga Lor's base for Atton. I'm sure he," he points at Switch, "knows where that is."



IG-198 stirs at this suggestion. It does not trust this Jawa. "I will go and retrieve Maya if this is the course of action we decide on. You would struggle supporting her, let alone carrying her. And it is my assessment that your skill set may be more useful in tracking down the one designated as Atton."



Hopla says, "IG unit, these may not be all Ganga Lor's men. Your combat skills may be needed to help retrieve Atton." Hopla gives a worried look toward Mist, wondering if she will react negatively.

The Magna Droid's head turns in Hopla's direction, and stares at him for a moment, then it nods once. "Agreed." It then turns back to face Khen. "Remember this though Jawa, Maya is under my protection, she is to be brought back here unharmed... in any way."

Hopla also knows that Khen has been working the gambling tables, and may also have learned something about their new android friend.

Khen says about the weapons, "This pile here is our stuff, don't let Switch claim it."

Switch acknowledges, "Very well."

To Switch he says, "Can you tell us where Ganga Lor might be keeping Atton?"

Switch nods, "For a price."

To Ganga Lor's henchmen, gathered across the pit, he says, "How many more combatants work for Ganga Lor? And what do you know of Atton?"



Mist smiles at Hopla, then drops to her knees, planting her hands on the ground in front of them as she looks at the henchmen, her head tilted to one side and an expression of curiosity on her face. Her tail sways from side to side, almost as if she is deciding whether or not any of them need to be pounced on.

The thugs shrug, "Maybe five guys. Depends on what boss had them all doing," one of them says.

Mist lets out a 'meow' of frustration at the unhelpfulness of the hippo-phant man's goons, then she smiles as if realising something.

"I know what game this is" she purrs, then slowly, gracefully, rises to a standing position, tracing her hands delicately up her thighs and belly. She starts to dance as she always did for the Hutt; twirling and sway from side to side while constantly touching herself in a suggestive display of supple and sensuous grace. It had never failed to make people talk, especially when coupled with the offer of playing with her.

"Help me get my Atton back," she purrs seductively, "And I'll let you boys play any game you want with me"

The thugs look more than willing to help Mist now, though they seem unwilling to see what happens if they try to cross back around the edge of the reactor shafts.

Hopla holds up his hand. To the captives he says, "Tell us where Atton is kept, and the guards we will find. Or face the consequences." Hopla turns to look at the still gore-covered droid.

For a moment IG-198 doesn't move, then its processors compute that Hopla is hoping that the thugs will be scared of it. Slowly it let's its cloak fall open, showing the remains of their comrades splattered over its front and arms. Then it draws its vibroblade and activates it before taking a deliberate step towards them.

One of the human thugs quickly offers, "Geez, he's at the base, get the droid to let us go and we'll take you there."



Switch fires off a hold out blaster near that thug, "It is not necessary for them to be released, R5 can lead you to Ganga Lor's base, it is on the other side of V-deck. The doctor and your jawa ally should all have returned by the time you get back." He motions at the rodian, "He might even have the room cleand up by then."



The captive guards further explain that there could be up to five guards anywhere from the front door on. That there is one closet that they use as a holding cell there as well.


Turn 2.12



"Let us go there now and free Atton." If no one objects, Hopla will take a blaster and holster from the pile and strap it on beneath his cloak. To Switch he says, "A wise leader shows mercy when he is able." He gives a meaningful look at the prisoners.

To the rest of the group, he says, "Come. Let's leave this place."



IG-198 covers itself again and waits for the others to leave the room. It has no intention on turning its back on any of the thugs still standing, from either side, and once the others have left intends backing from the room.





Bouncing up and down with excitement, Mist starts trying to pull Hopla and IG-198 along with her.

"I'm going to have my Atton back" she says happily.

"Can we play lots of fun games when I have him back?"



Hopla regards Mist with a serious look. "We do not yet know if Atton will be there, or if he is alright. And the men holding him may not give him up willingly. We must be cautious, and patient, a little longer."

Turn 3.0


V-deck



R5-B8 leads an eager Mist followed by IG-198, Hopla Jocha and Jibba Jabba. The group winds through the labyrinthine halls of V-deck. R5 lets out a beep of surprise as it stops. At the next juncture is a body. Mist stops, as she is following the droid, and notices something familiar about the body, but nothing more. Jibba recognizes it as the thug that he and Mist tricked into leaving the battle before.



Ahead at the juncture, two stormtroopers walk from right to left, stepping over the body, one says to the other, "At least we don't have to wait on the clean up crew," and disappearing down a hallway. They did not seem to notice the heroes. IG-198 notes that they are headed towards the turbolift.



Hopla reaches out with the Force to see that the storm troopers leave the area, and that no one else approaches. He has moved his lightsaber holster to his wrist, so it can be more easily drawn. He continues following the maintenance droid down the hall.



To Mist he says, "What does Atton look like? How will we know him?" [Sense Surroundings the whole way there, assuming he has enough move/swift actions to do such a thing.]



"He looks really nice" Mist says dreamily, then feels like that won't help, and tries to use more detail in the same slightly distracted voice.

"Uh, he's about half a head taller than me, he has really deep dark eyes, nice thick dark hair. I'm not good at describing faces, but I like his face. He didn't have any itchy face bristles when the white armour men took him. I hope he still doesn't. Uh, he was wearing dark blue pants, a white shirt and a brown leather jacket. He'll be really happy to see me"



Hopla reaches out with the force feeling around the corners. The two stormtroopers have moved beyond visual of the intersection, however he can tell that two beings are down the hallway to the right of the body.





IG-198 holsters the blaster that it had drawn when it had seen the Storm Troopers. "Is it a concern that there are Imperial soldiers down here. It was my understanding that this part of the stations was not patrolled."



R5 beeps and whirs, informing IG-198 and those who speak binary, that there shouldn't be any imperials on this level. The astromech suggests that the imperial's could have raided Ganga Lor's headquarters, ahead and to the right at the body.



Hopla says, "Beware--there are two beings down the right passage as well. They might be imperial guards still at Ganga Lor's hideout." Hopla considers their options. "If we approach peacefully, I might be able to convince them to let us pass."



The combat droid draws its new blaster in one hand and vibroblade in the other. "That is tactically the tidiest option - though we must be prepared to take action if required. Would you approach them on your own?"

Hopla considers. "Let me try it alone. If you hear combat you can always round the corner and engage. If the imperial troopers have taken over Ganga Lor's den, then there won't be any criminals to deal with--which means we may be able to get Atton without any violence. Besides, the less of our party seen by imperials, the less likely our descriptions will go out over the holonet."





Mist looks pleadingly at Hopla and says "But I want to be the first one to see Atton"



As Mist speaks the combat droid positions itself against a wall, its weapons still out, but with its cloak drawn close, hiding them from view.



"Very well," says Hopla. He turns to the droid. "If it comes to combat, spare life where you can." [He and Mist will proceed.]





Mist claps her hands together and lets out an excited "meow"... then remembers that she is meant to be being quiet so she blushes and follows Hopla in silence.
Alien residences



Khen arrives at Hopla's room and finds Maya waiting, with blaster in hand. He also notices the mostly empty bottle of whiskey. She holster's the blaster, and pulls the blanket from the closet, wrapping up like it is a cloak. "This'll have to do for a disguise."



"Let's get going, princess...." Khen eyes her and the bottle. "You want to finish that off first?"


Turn 3.1



V-Deck





Mist and Hopla Jocha advance to the corner, stepping over the body, heading to the right.



Around the corner, IG-198 waits with weapons in each hand, below his cloak. Behind him are the ewok Jibba and Switch's R5 unit.



As Mist and Hopla continue side by side, there are two storm troopers 6 meters before them, one of them raises a carbine and says, "HALT! This area is off limits for investigation." The other stormtrooper mutters, but it comes out louder than he expected through his helmet speaker, "Knew we should have roped off that body." He puts his hand on his holstered blaster carbine. The lead storm trooper glances at him after the comment.



The room beyond the stormtroopers appears to have been the location of a battle. The hallway walls are scored with blaster marks.



Hopla raises both hands in an appeasing gesture. "We only want to see if one of our friends, a prisoner of Ganga Lor, has survived. Surely there is no harm in letting us search for him."





The stormtrooper says, "It can't hurt, but you need to be fast, before my superiors get here."

The other stormtrooper looks at his partner, "This is all you, I'm not getting busted for this." He starts walking to the corner. He says back, "I'm going to secure the body at the intersection."



"We could search for my Atton a lot quicker if you helped us" Mist says sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes and swaying a little.

"That would mean we were gone before your bosses got here"



At the intersection, just out of sight, IG-198, R5-B8, and Jibba Jabba realize they only have a few seconds before a stormtrooper can see them and a sprint down the hall might or might not get them out of sight with the speed of Jibba and the astromech, especially.



At the intersection, just out of sight, IG-198, R5-B8, and Jibba Jabba realize they only have a few seconds before a stormtrooper can see them and a sprint down the hall might or might not get them out of sight with the speed of Jibba and the astromech, especially.



Hearing that, Mist lets out a squeaky sob, then turns to glare at the back of the retreating trooper. Without offering any warning beyond an angry flick of her tail, she takes off running after him and launches herself at him as soon as she gets close enough.

"You blew up my Atton!" she screams amid a whirl of hissing and scratching.





Alien Residences



Maya gets up, shrugs, "Nah, I need to be able stagger some." She takes the bottle and spills some on her makeshift cloak, "Now, help your drunk friend home." She leans on the Jawa and waits for him to lead the way.



The two struggle and stagger their way to the turbo lift. When they arrive it opens before Khen can push the call button, and standing there are two stormtroopers who look like they've seen recent combat.



Khen grabs Maya by the waist, making sure to let his hands wander just enough that it doesn't seem like he's feeling her up. "You've got it. Let's get you outta here." Mentally he adds a few choice ideas for what they can do when they get there.


Turn 3.2


V-deck



Hopla is caught completely by surprise, thinking that the droids and Jibba should have cleared the hallway with the time Mist bought them.



Mist's flailing attacks shock the stormtrooper but do not penetrate his armor. IG-198 swings from behind the corner with his vibro-blade, which the Stormtrooper easily sidesteps. He then raises his blaster carbine at the droid.



The lead stormtrooper raises his blaster carbine, "What the!?"



In the other hallway, R5 beeps cowardly and rolls around behind Jibba.

With Mist close to the Storm Trooper the blaster is too dangerous -the droid thinks she has a damaged processor, but she is still an ally... for now. Stepping in close it tries to knock the troopers blaster off line with his off hand, while attacking with its vibro-blade.

The battle droids vibroblade sinks into the chestplate of the stormtrooper's armor, as he pulls it out the trooper collapses to the ground, dead.



Hopla steps aggressively toward the trooper and says, "I am the threat here!"

The stormtrooper leader at the doorway switches to autofire, spraying the hallway with blaster bolts, hitting nobody. He then retreats into the crimelord's headquarters.


Mist screams and drops to the ground on top of the dead Stormtrooper to avoid the wild fire from the other trooper. As soon as it is safe to do so, she draws her blaster pistol, rolls forward and comes to a standing position



He ignites his lightsaber and follows the stormtrooper. He calls on the force to aid his upcoming strike.




Alien residences





The two struggle and stagger their way to the turbo lift. When they arrive it opens before Khen can push the call button, and standing there are two stormtroopers who look like they've seen recent combat.



Khen grabs Maya by the waist, making sure to let his hands wander just enough that it doesn't seem like he's feeling her up. "You've got it. Let's get you outta here." Mentally he adds a few choice ideas for what they can do when they get there.



The left stormtrooper angrily says, "Well, get on the lift you drunken alien scum. We're going up." Both stormtroopers lay their hands on their blaster carbines holstered at thier sides.

Turn 3.3


V-deck



IG-198 runs down the hallway past Mist. As he nears Hopla he speaks, the volume on his vocabulator turned up so that its voice will carry. "We must retrieve Atton now. The alarm will have been given. Go, now."



The stormtrooper makes a frantic and non-sensical mayday call as he fires on both the jedi and the battle droid with autofire. He sprays blaster fire over both of the heroes, hitting them both at this close range.



The battle droid staggers as he is hit, sparks crackling from a wound in its torso. For a moment circuits threaten to short out, then inbuilt self repair units kick in, reestablishing the connections they can, isolating those that they can't. IG-198 pushes itself from the wall and continues down the hallway - smoke still trailing from its wound. Lifting its blaster it swiftly sights and squeezes off a shot, which the trooper easily ducks.



"Bad white armour man! Don't shoot my friends!" Mist shouts into the room.

She then takes aim so as not to hit her friends, and opens fire missing due to her friends.



Hopla moves after the stormtrooper, lightsaber ready to deflect any incoming attacks. He positions himself so that the stormtrooper can't fire back down the hall and hit the others.



Jibba is pushed out in the hallway by a beeping R5 unit.




Alien Residences



Maya coughs, "Down." The two stormtroopers nod and the doors close. She fends off a groping hand, "Next time you talk to them, so they don't recognize me, ok?"



The lift arrives again, and of all the dumb luck, it is two fresh storm troopers and an unarmored imperial, obviously not an officer, but someone important. The stormtroopers make room, "Going down," one of them says.



After a tediously long pause, Maya coughs again, "Up." The stormtroopers look at each other, pull their weapons and then the lift races off downward.



As Maya and the jawa wait for another lift, she hisses at Khen, "What is your problem?"




Turn 3.4


V-deck



The stormtrooper yells, probably into his comm-link, "Under attack, three hostiles, one is jedi, HURRY!" He opens fire again on auto-fire at the two heroes next to him. The panicked shots all go between the two heroes, blasting up the doorway between Mist and the big brawl.





Assuming that there is some as yet undiagnosed problem with its targeting system, IG-198 opts for the vibroblade until it can run an internal diagnostic. It advances and then its arm telescopes out, allowing it to make a slashing attack much sooner than would have been expected by the imperial soldier.



The stormtrooper deftly parry's the blade with his carbine.



Mist lets out a shriek as the trooper's blasts pop the doorway.

"That wasn't very nice!" She shouts, taking aim once again.

"Metal man, you're in the way" she moans, just before spotting a gap to fire into... and missing.



Mist's shot goes high, hitting a component on the ceiling, causing fire suppressant foam to explode out and fill the room, making everything obscured and slippery in the room!



Hopla prepares to attack the stormtrooper again. He swings, but the stormtrooper is ducking weaving for his life and avoids the red blade of the lightsaber.



Down the hall, R5 is leaning to see around the corner, it beeps furiously at Jibba and extends its electroshock prove, zapping the Ewok in the shoulder with ion energy.



IG-198 can just barely hear the droid insisting that Jibba Jabba help the others with the stormtrooper.


Alien Residences



"What are you talking about crazy woman??" asks Khen. "Next time get on the damn lift. You are making us look suspicious. They don't know you and besides it is a short ride."

Maya stares at the jawa, "Don't you have to hack the lift open on V-deck? You want to do that on the lift with Imperial's watching?"




3.5


V-deck



The stormtrooper again sprays blaster bolts everywhere, hitting nothing in particular. "You better surrender now, help is on the way and you'll go down like the rest of your criminal chumps in here."



This combat is taking too long, and the longer it takes the more likely it was that more Storm Troopers would arrive. It had to end... now. The battle droid tries to compensate for the foam that is now everywhere, and spinning to its left, away from Hopla, tries to deliver a telling strike with its vibroblade.



Mist lets out a little giggle as the foam comes cascading down. If it wasn't for all the shooting going on that stuff could make for a fun game.

"I don't like this shooting game" she moans, "White armour man, you need to break down now"

With that, she aims and takes another shot, flying high once again.



Hopla decides to change tactics. He musters the force and grabs the trooper, hurling him across the room into a solid bulkhead. With a shove into the air,

the trooper is flung across the room and strikes the wall with a sickening crunch.



The fire suppression foam quits spraying out of the vent above Hopla and IG-198, but the room is still covered. It has only stared to settle down.



R5-B8 rolls past Jibba with a rude beeping sequence and rolls up to the room entrance where Mist is, in binary it squeaks and squawks, "Hurry, find the sentient and a computer terminal!"


Alien Residences

The lift shows up and opens again, it is he same two battle worn stormtroopers, weapons drawn. One says, "Just our luck, huh. Get on scum, yer lucky we're going down now. Hurry it up!"



The two hooded heroes stagger onto the turbo-lift. Maya waits silently for Khen to make his move. The control window does not show what floor the stormtroopers are headed to. Khen knows he has to hack open the doors at V-deck, his destination. There are 6 decks between the alien residences and V-deck, and there is only one deck below it, X-deck, and he doesn't even know what is there.




Turn 3.6



Hopla surveys the battle-scarred and foam-covered room. "The droid is right--we must find Atton and leave here immediately." He relies on Mist to look for Atton, since she alone can identify him, and himself begins to wipe foam off bulkhead areas that could be covering a computer interface.



"But I don't want to go in there" Mist moans, tears forming in her eyes.

"The white armour man said he blew everyone up. I want my Atton whole, not in icky blowed up bits. I'm scared and I don't want to see the blowed up bits"





He quickly finds two terminals, one of which doesn't look like it took too much blast damage. The R5, seeing this rolls over and plugs in to the SCOMP interface.

He is unable to harness the force well enough to really pick up much, but Hoplas sees two bodies, one next to him is obviously a Gran. Further away it looks like a Gamorrean or similiarly portly body. There are three closed doors and one open doorway in the room.



"I shall stand guard." IG-198 turns and stalks back down the hallway, taking up a position where he can see anyone approaching from the lifts



"I will return." Hopla's lightsaber hisses closed as further explores the sud covered room.



The jedi finds the open doorway leads to an office. Feeling through it with the force, there is nothing alive in that room, and he sees only one human body, and it is dressed as the earlier thugs of Ganga Lor, obviously not Atton. He also notices a shot up astromech, possibly an R2 series. At the other doors, he does not sense any lifeforms. One is a mechanics shop, with a protocol droid disected upon the table. Another is some form of barracks, several non-human bodies litter the room. After each of those three locations, Hopla shakes his head in the negative to the worried Mist, clearly no Atton yet...



The third room appears to be a lounge, and has two doors off of it. In the lounge are several bodies, none that fit the description of Atton. The first closet shows no sign of life, and the door reveals several corpses, that have been dead a while, from the smell, Hopla quickly shuts the door. The next door appears to be another closet, and he doesn't sense any life signs, as he opens the door, a small blur motion jumps at Hopla, impacting his chest, and flipping over the zabrak and landing on the holo-chess table behind him. While laughing terribly shrill. Hopla spins in a combat stance and sees a small spindly creature with big ears and long tail, perhaps a kowakian monkey-lizard, that seems harmless if not scared.



Hopla relaxes his battle stance. Realizing time is extremely short, he quickly checks the closet and scans the room for any other places where Atton might be kept. [still using sense surroundings...]



[Note, Hopla has still not looked in this closet]

In the entryway to Ganga Lor's lair, IG-198 and Mist hear shrill laughter from within the chamber Hopla Jocha is invesigating. Mist has encountered kowakian monkey lizards before, obnoxious creatures her Hutt master kept several of. IG-198's processor is tracking the time, and expects that their time is up. R5-B8 has returned from the computer and waits near IG-198, in binary it beeps, "We should leave the organics and return soon!"



The battle droid replies in rapid binary. "To do so is not in my programming. You however have completed your task, leave if you think it best."

It then directs its voice into the rooms behind it. "Our time has run out - the enemy should be arriving at any moment. We must leave!"



Hopla finds an oddity in this closet. There is a body at first glance, in a brown ribbed armored jacket. But when he turns it over to investigate, it is a protocol droid with its head broken at an odd angle. But no human male fitting Atton's description.



Hopla quickly commits the jacket's style to memory, then leaves the room.

Once he is outside, he says, "Come, let's leave this place." He looks at Mist. "I did not find Atton. I will explain further once we are free from here."





"Come then, we must move quickly." As it begins to jog down the hallway weapons at the ready, IG-198 queries R5-B8 in binary. "Is there another way to return to your home. One that does not use the main corridors?"

Alien Residences



Well, we're dead.... Khen is exhausted just by the thought of what must happen. As fast as he can, Khen draws his blaster and fires upon one of the Storm Troopers in the close quarters. He knows that this action will most likely result in his death.


Turn 3.7



Having defeated the stormtroopers, Mist would not enter the lair of Ganga Lor and watched worriedly. Hopla Jocha did search it for Atton, and only found a kowakian monkey lizard, who is following him now. IG-198 stood watch in the doorway beside Mist. Switch's astromech, R5-B8 plugged into the remaining of Ganga Lor's computer during that time. Now, only Mist isn't covered in the fire suppressant foam that was unleashed during the battle with the sentry storm troopers. Jibba Jabba maintians watch at the T junction halfway between the turbo lift and the gangster's hideout.



IG-198 gets a negative response from R5 as he jogs up to Jibba Jabba, leaving Mist, Hopla and the monkey lizard in the doorway.



Just then the turbo lift opens up and two battle ready stormtroopers step off along with an imperial who appears to be a noncombatant.



Initative:

Jibba Jabba 21

IG-198 20, weapon in each hand

Hopla 12, lightsaber out, not ignited

Mist 9, blaster pistol out

Stormtroopers 4, blaster carbines in hand

Imperial 1

R5-B8 0



Jibba stands there, not drawing attention to himself.



IG-198 takes a snapshot at the Stormtroopers, and then spins back around the corner to take cover. "They are here. We either attack now before their numbers are too large, or return to the rooms to make out stand." The droid looks back down the hallway for Hopla's reaction.

The Stormtrooper is struck right in the chest and drops to the floor before he can even depress the firing stud on his carbine.



Hopla lopes toward the stormtroopers. He waits until the lift doors close, then he ignites his lightsaber. To the droid: "Attack!" He ignites his lightsaber and defensively advances to next to IG-198, who is just out of the combat hallway.



"Not more white armour men" Mist groans, pouting unhappily at the idea of another round of the shooting game.

"They're never any fun, and I want my Atton"

While Hopla and metal man start fighting the white armour men, Mist's attention is drawn to the ugly Kowakian monkey-lizard.

"I think we should teach them a new game" she declares, scooping the critter up.

She then carries it to the corner, just out of sight of the Imperials.

Mist finds herself just inside the room where the grenades seem to have gone off. The gore isn't as bad as she imagined, perhaps it is all the fire foam on everything. The kowakian monkey lizard koos in her arms and grins up at her lovingly, its tail wraps around her arm. It nestles its head against her, obviously happy.



Stormtrooper fires at Hoplal, but misses, horribly. He retreats backwards, making him 60 feet from Hopla and Jibba.




Alien residences



Standing before the two stormtroopers from earlier, Khen reaches for his hidden hold-out blaster and but does not get it out in time to fire off a shot. Maya, expe

cting this does draw her blaster and fire, hitting the turbolift controls, and the doors slam shut before the stormtroopers can fire.



She says, "They will have that open pretty quick, what now?" She tosses off her sheet and leans against the wall beside the door, flattening herself with the pistol drawn. "Mark your target and I'll combine fire with you."



Initative:

Khen Dhur 21, hold-out blaster in hand

Stormtroopers 4, blaster carbines in hand

Maya 0, blaster pistol in hand



Maya readies to either fire on the troopers or aid Khen Dhur to fire on the troopers.



"Such a waste!" shouts Khen as he smashes the alcohol bottle against the turbolift doors making sure it splashes all over the hallway in front of the doors. He then takes a couple steps back.




Turn 3.8



One stormtrooper remains, 60 feet away from the fighting heroes. The unarmed imperial ran away and off another hallway on the far side of the turbolifts. Hopla and Jibba are in the hallway, and IG-198 has total cover around the corner. 30 feet away lies the dead stormtrooper at the turbolift. In Ganga Lor's hideout 30 feet behind them is Mist, R5-B8, and the kowakian monkey lizard, seemingly the only survivor of Ganga Lor's entire organization.



IG-198's tactical processors seem to almost be like a timer on a bomb, ticking down until the time until yet more reinforcements arrive and their positions becomes impossible.

"Come, now is not the time to cower. We must finish this - now."

The battle droid steps around the corner and charges toward the lone storm trooper, doing its best to cover it advance with blaster fire.



Hopla continues his advance toward the stormtrooper, lightsaber ready to deflect any incoming attacks.



Mist looks at the kowakian monkey-lizard with a bemused expression on her face. She can't tell why the little critter seems so happy to be with her.

"Did the white armour men blow up all your friends?" she asks it softly, flattening her cat ears against her hair to minimise her hearing of the noise of the battle.

"They stole my friend too, and they keep shooting at me. I wasn't made for shooting at. See? No targets or numbers on me"


Alien residences



Khen covers the doors and floor at the elevator with highly flammable (and expensive) Corellian alcohol. Maya nods, "Good idea, I'll light it, you blast one of them." She shifts further away from the future fire and takes aim. Khen moves further down, beside a trash recepticle for cover and readies to fire.



Several long moments pass before the doors finally open, one stormtrooper is manually opening the door, and other has his blaster ready, but that is when the fire erupts and Khen fires at him. The shot goes wide and hits the unopened side of the lift doors. The fire leaps up on the stormtrooper, and he begins to panick, his blaster shot hits the trash recepticle, destroying Khen's cover! The other stormtrooper opens the other door and avoids the fire, backing into the lift. The flaming stormtrooper staggers out into the hallway, half covered in flames. Maya makes eye contact with Khen and indicates to target the flaming trooper.



Khen does as Maya silently suggests and fires on the already flaming Storm Trooper. He looks for someplace else to take cover. Preferrably something that is less likely to be incinerated with a single shot.

Turn 3.9



One panicked stormtrooper remains, Hopla faces off with him in melee, IG-198 is advancing, now 30 feet away, near the elevators. Mist has found a Kowakian Monkey Lizard that shows signs of abuse, and even has what appears to be a small slave collar on. It is quite taken with her.



R5-B8 beeps at Mist and rolls out of the disaster area that was Ganga Lor's headquarters. Jibba stands in the intersection between the elevators and Ganga Lor's hideout.

The battle droid decides that the Jedi should be able to handle one loan Storm Trooper. Keeping track of that combat just in case, IG-198 takes up a position covering the elevators as it determines this is the most likely route for imperial reinforcements.



It wasn't long ago that Hopla might have been leading a clone, armored much the same as this storm trooper, into battle against the separatists. Hopla briefly wonders if this is a clone or a new recruit. He pushes the thought from his mind and attacks. His lightsaber takes down the remaining stormtrooper


Alien residences



The combined blaster bolts of Maya and Khen bring down the flaming trooper. Maya for Khen to get out of the view of the lift, which he does after finding no cover. Both being flattened against the wall with the lift door, Maya drops prone and readies to fire with Khen on this one, should he exit.



"Come on... come on..." whispers Khen as he waits to take a shot at the remaining trooper.

When the stormtrooper exits, he is cut down by their combined blaster fire.



Turn 3.9

Last Turn Recap



Hopla dispatched the stormtrooper with his lightsaber. Mist has made friends with the Kowakian Monkey lizard and stands near the lair of Ganga Lor. 30 feet from Mist is Jibba Jabba and soon to be the rolling R5 unit. 30 feet bast Jibba Jabba, IG-198 stands ready to dispatch reinforcements arriving on the turbolift. 30 feet past the droid Hopla Jocha stands over the cut down storm trooper. Arriving at the intersection with Jibba and R5, is one of Switch's men, "You guys need to hurry up, the doc is nervous and ready to bail if you don't get back and get treated real quicklike."



Then the turbolift doors open... (continued below)


Alien residences



The combined fire of the two heroes is enough to bring down the trooper, they quickly drag the non-flaming storm trooper into the lift and head down to V-deck. Ken only finds a utility belt with a medpac to be of any use off of the stormtrooper, except a code cylinder to open the door.



When the turbolift door opens, Ken and Maya see IG-198, standing over a dead stormtrooper, ready to fire upon them. The two allies stand over a dead stormtrooper as well.


Actions go here:



Although it had been on the point of firing, IG-198 calmly lowers its blaster and addresses the two new arrivals as if it had been expecting them. "We must hurry - the doctor is waiting." The droid turns its head towards Switches man. "Lead the way."



Hopla picks up the trooper's blaster and follows IG-198. To Maya and Khen he says, "We didn't find Atton. But this place is not safe, the alarm has been raised."



Maya acknowledges and holsters her weapon "Let's find that doctor!"



Once the shooting is over, Mist calls out from where she is sitting with the monkey-lizard.

"Can we play a different game now please? I don't like being a target"



The thug hollers back, "Then you better come with us, I figure more shootin' is a comin' here."



Mist lets out a frightened little meow then gets to her feet quickly, carrying the little monkey lizard with her as she rejoins the group.

"What game are we going to play?" she asks.



Maya, still hurting, answers, "Well, depending on how the search is going for your ally and my package, we'll have to see after we visit the doctor."



The thug nods and begins walking back towards bay V-14, the R5 unit beeps happily and follows.





IG-198 waits for the rest of the group to pass it. Then wrapping its cloak about it, the droid stalks along in the rear guard position, the servo in its right hip whining slightly with each step due to damage caused by the blaster shot the droid took earlier.








Bay V-14



The bay is empty, except for a doctor with a repulsor stretcher. The weapons and bodies are gone, as is Switch and his priceless desk. Only a blood pool here and there reassures the heroes that, yes, this is the bay they were in before.

Maya moves over the stretcher and lays down, "Do what you can Doc!" The doctor becomes engrossed in his work, but does point out, "My medical bag has extra medpacs if you need to use one." He will take 10 minutes performing surgery on Maya.



Hopla considers one of the medpacks, but decides to wait for the doctor to finish before he asks for aid. [Once the doc is finished, he will ask for him to do first aid on him.]



Unmoving IG-198 stands by the door, as his sensors, glowing a dull red, keep a close 'eye' on what is occurring about it.



R5-B8 rolls up to the battle droid and uses a quick use droid repair kit on the damaged hip servo. (For 1d8 hit points, roll it on myth-weavers) It beeps and whirs in standard binary, "A gift from Switch to a droid brother."



The doctor next treats Hopla Jocha with a medpac. [Doctor takes 10, Heals 7 hit points]



The doctor starts packing up his medical kit, "Anybody else? Because I'm leaving before the Imperial's get here."

The doctor walks around and rubs some bacta on everyone's wounds (to be rolled on myth-weavers, 1d8 healing). He then leaves.



Meanwhile, R5 rolls over to one of the larger crates and uses his electroshock probe to blast off a bad weld, revealing a SCOMP port. He plugs in and the side of the box opens up and reveals stairs down. It rolls in front of the stairs and extends a small antenna. After a few moments, the astromech projects a hologram of Switch.



Maya looks confued and asks Mist, "Did you have that earlier?" She asks indicating the monkey-lizard.



Largely ignoring the doctor, and everything else in the room for that matter, Mist sits on the floor and plays with the monkey-lizard as if it were a youngling until Maya speaks to her.

"We rescued him from the hippophant man's base" she declares, only affording Maya partial attention.

"People were really mean to him. He needs a friend and look how he likes me. When we find my Atton, we can all have fun together"



Maya asks everyone, "What do we know about the package, again? What you told me you learned from Switch is, that It is located on Blue Deck in the hangar, and is an carbonite block with another agent in it."



IG-198 looks down at R5-B8 for a moment. The droid doesn't reply for a moment - it does not really compute with it why Switch would offer this repair and ask nothing in return. Finally the combat droids rattles of a quick burst of binary in answer. "My thanks to Switch and you. You have both given me much to think on."

Finally Maya's query sinks in and IG-198 turns its attention on to its current employer. "Yes - that is what we have been informed. I would suggest it is there we head for now."



"We have not yet found Atton," says Hopla. He turns to Mist and asks, "Does Atton have a brown ribbed armored jacket? What style of clothing did he wear?" Hopla hopes that the dead man beside the droid wearing the jacket he found in Ganga Lor's chambers was not Atton, for Mist's sake.



Maya looks at Mist for the answer to the zabrak's question. As they wait for an answer, Khen moves over to where Mist is and watches her play with the lizard-thing.



Mist looks up at Hopla, tilting her head quizzically to one side.

"Yes, my Atton did have a jacket like that" she says cautiously, unsure of how Hopla could know that if he had never seen her Atton.



Maya turns her attention to the zabrak jedi for the answer, as she does so, she notices the astomech, the secret passage and the hologram of a protocol droid, and regards it curiously.



[sorry, I had tried to go back and reread so I could get the details right! Apparently that did not work. Lemme try to play it off...]

Hopla says, "I saw such a jacket in Ganga Lor's hideout, worn by a broken protocol droid. Perhaps it means nothing. But it leaves us with no lead to find Atton."



Mist looks confused at this news.

"Why would my Atton give his jacket to a droid?" she asks, then her ears perk up. "Maybe that means the white armour men didn't blow him up. Maybe he escaped the hippophant man's lair. I hope he did. I need him"

Her tail starts to dance about at the thought of finding Atton again.



IG-198 speaks from the position he has taken up. "Does it not seem strange that the one known as Atton was a prisoner of the imperials, was then taken by Ganga Lor, who's hideout was then attacked by the imperials. It is obvious that until now both the droid designated Switch and Ganga Lor have been left alone -so why should the imperials attack one of them now? Does this not seem to revolve around Atton? Maybe the imperials have taken back their prisoner... or he is working for them?"



The hologram of Switch replies, "There are many imperial factions here, one of them might not have approved of the release. For a price, I can find out who was behind the assault."





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us