Notices

Issue Eight Interlude II: Motya Cheykina

"Mobile force bubble", Louise replies manner-of-factly. "No sensation of motion on the inside."

"I'll handle this!", Bob says in a heroic bravado, as he steps up to one of the doors.

Raising her finger as if to make an important point, Louise manages to get out "Er…perhaps…" before Bob kicks the door open and steps into the room.

Motya and Louise get a glimpse of the blonde haired woman in the room on the other side of Bob as he enters.

"All right, whatever your…" is all Bob manages to get out as the door he kicked in apparently bounces off the adjoining wall and swings back to close, hitting him square in the face and knocking him back and to the floor at Louise and Motya's feet as it swings shut.

"By dose!", Bob squeals, holding a hand over his nose. "I tink by dose if bwoken!"

The door opens once again, and the woman steps out, looking at each of you in turn. Allowing her eyes to linger on Bob for a bit longer than the rest of you, she comments "I remember you" and offers her hand to help him up.

Bob, looking a bit stunned, wipes his nose with the back of his hand, checks to make sure it isn't bleeding, and then reaches up to accept her hand. She easily pulls him up into a standing position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
The door opens once again, and the woman steps out, looking at each of you in turn. Allowing her eyes to linger on Bob for a bit longer than the rest of you, she comments "I remember you" and offers her hand to help him up.

Bob, looking a bit stunned, wipes his nose with the back of his hand, checks to make sure it isn't bleeding, and then reaches up to accept her hand. She easily pulls him up into a standing position.
Arching an eyebrow as she looked toward Bob and this woman who was treating him rather familiarly, Motya eased up from the edge that the alarm and the resulting ride through Bob's wonkavator. Still, if Louise didn't recognize this woman, then....should she be here at all?

"Perhaps we should ask if Bob knows her?" the super-hero applicant asked.

"I've never seen her before!" Bob says, as if responding to Motya's query.

"You don't remember me?", the collective hears in stereo, as the woman in front of them and a second voice directly behind the party ask the question in unison.

Quickly turning to look behind you, you see the short, dirty blonde-haired man with pointed ears from the trophy room has managed to sneak up behind you. He wears a long cloak and carries a small, odd-shaped trident.

The two beings, now flanking the three of you, turn their glance from Bob to the two woman. With blank expressions on their faces, the duo asks Motya and Louise (again, in union) "who are you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
[b] "who are you?"
"Excuse me," Motya said, clearing her throat.

"My name is Motya Cheykina, I'm..." she paused in consideration.

"I'm a lawyer here to apply for a position with...this facility. So, I'm a bit new to the building, but it seems no one who lives here knows quite who you are. Perhaps you might be able to clear the air over precisely who you are. Obviously, as I'm new I have not yet met you and I'd like to know where you fit into the building."

Hopefully the pair wouldn't question her onto why she was wearing the tights trademarked to superheroes and simply take her at face value as to being a lawyer.

Hopefully she could get some answers from them without a confrontation.

should I rp the random empathy hits, or wait for you to decide when they happen?
question

You can throw in whatever empathic adjustments to Motya's appearance you fell like throwing in. Of course, I may decide to throw one in myself at any given time...
GM's Note.

Looking back at the short male with the pointy ears who sneaked up on you, Bob asks "...Doctor Spock...?"

"I...believe that's what you used to call me...yes", BOTH of the beings answer, again, simultaneously.

The male creature steps past the threesome towards the woman with the long, flowing leaf-covered gown. As they near each other, both reach a hand out to the other one. As they touch, the male transforms into an aura of energy which seems to get absorbed into the female and disappears, leaving behind only the woman with no trace of her companion who was there but a moment ago.

"Now, you may call me Lara."
In a short while, Louise has everyone gathered in a conference room and brings in Bova, a rather large woman with a cow's head...she takes Motya by surprise as first, but apparently this stuff becomes old hat once you starting hanging out with 'the big leagues'...

Bova apparently works as a cook for the team. She was brought it at Bob's suggestion, as he said she would also recognize the small, pointed-eared creature known as "Doctor Spock". When asked, Lara alters her appearance to that of the male creature, whom Bova recognizes instantly. Of course, everyone gathered there has many questions...

I will now close this thread and make it public. You can resume posting in the main Issue Eight thread after my next post there.