Notices

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

Old Apr 30 '10, 7:50am
Joker

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

The Hidden Coast - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 3

The Hidden Coast was a game I started a while back mostly for the purpose of me gaining some exp as a PBP DM. I'm mostly just running prepublished adventures, modified to suit my whims. The game started off with the player characters meeting in a dungeon in the middle of a storm and they were supposed to go on many adventures together.

Many players have come and gone now. Of the 4 original players, only 1 still remains active in the game. He and two other players that joined later are looking for more people to adventure with! That's where you come in!

What I am looking for: 2 to 3 more players to join up with the group in the town of Duvik's Pass. The plague may have ended (or at least, it will by the time any new players join the game) thanks to the efforts of the heroes, but there's still more adventure to be had!

Dedicated rogue or spellcaster types (especially clerics) are encouraged, as the party doesn't really have either. But what I'm really looking for is players that are a) able to post regularly, and b) able to communicate with me if something comes up, if they have an issue with something in the game, or with me, etc.

Character creation:

Sources: Mostly core only, but also open to most things found on d20srd.org (If you're not sure, ask!)
Level: 2
Hit Points: Max at first level, average other levels
Gold: 900 gp
Races: Generally no monstrous races, unless you really have to play one. Use your own judgement.
Alignment: Good and lawful are fine and dandy but any alignment is allowed. However, if you have to ask, "will this be disruptive? should I play this character?" then you probably shouldn't!
Stats: 30 point buy.

Also, be sure to add a little bit about personality, background, etc. Maybe you're a resident of the town and are thankful to the heroes, or maybe you're just a traveller who was delayed by the quarantine. I want a specific goal or two for each character to include in the game.

I'm really not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Game Description:

Far to the west, across the Dry Sea, lies "civilization," the Western Kingdoms; a land of constant warring and strife. Over the years, many have braved the journey to the east to begin life anew in the Hidden Coast. The Hidden Coast - a land covered in fog and long shrouded in mystery. Sheltered from the western kingdoms by the hostile Dry Sea and the imposing peaks of the Windswept Mountains, the Hidden Coast is land said to be untamed and uncivilized. To the south lie the jungles and secluded city states of the Three Seas. To the north, tale has been spread far and wide of a harsh and inhospitable land at the peak of the world and the wild barbarians who live there.

But the Hidden Coast is not so different from other places. Here, farmers and villagers live out their lives in small, isolated towns and communities. Merchants travel the roads, rivers, and coasts, ever wary of bandits, pirates, and monsters.

Lycar: You don't need to be a HERO, just don't be an antisocial jerk that drags the rest of the party down
Oh don't worry. Jack can work well with people. For once, he is squishy and knows it, plus he kinda gets a bit of a kick out of leading people by their noses. You know, with all that 'displaced noble' act and stuff.

Also, a single level of Seer should work just fine for Jack. I would have asked for the psionic rogue, but I'm not sure if this counts as an allowed source.

Heh, I had two character concepts, one of who is an energetic socialite and the other is a chronically depressed paladin. I'm kind of glad I went with the former. ; )

This one is probably a long shot, but hey, can't hurt to try.

Name: Snip
Race: Dragonwrought Kobold
Class: Favored Soul (Bahamut)

Name: Leonidas Jones
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Favoured Soul
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Heironeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravda View Post
I'm going to have to withdraw interest. Sorry to have wasted your time: have an enjoyable game!
Um, okay. In any case, thanks for your enthusiasm, short-lived as it may have been

That applies to everyone, in fact. I've pretty much made my picks now, but I'd like to thank everyone here who expressed interest in my lil game