Colin Meade's Disappearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTiamat View Post
"His name is Colin Meade. He is, or perhaps was, one of the electric crew with Day of the Devourer. Nice enough young man, knew his business and went about it without much fanfare. Except approximately six days ago, he failed to come into work. While not in and of itself a cause for concern, when he failed to come in the next two days, some of us in the production crew became concerned."

"I took it upon myself to visit Colin's flat. It turns out Colin hadn't been home since he disappeared. As a matter of fact, no one has seen him since he left here last Tuesday. We've contacted the police... but Jason, something about this is making me nervous. Please, call me back as soon as you can."
Quote:
"In any case... Day of the Devourer is a horror-film about what our esteemed director calls the worship of the machine and the subservience of humanity." Hammond was very good at projecting an utterly emotionless and unironic voice. "The gist of the plot is about a group of young men and women who are captured by a cult calling itself the Golden Architects which worships a mechanical god."

"Great deal of blood and gore before the survivors escape and bring down the Golden Architect's underground lair." Hammond waved a hand at the surrounding corridor with it's antique engines and bits of industrial age memorabilia. "My job is to get the mechanical god, the titular Devourer, working. Colin was one of my assistants, and also helped with the lighting department, which consists of exactly two people. Big budget blockbuster, this is not."
Quote:
"I've been getting dreams." Hammond said. He gritted his teeth. "Which does not happen to me. I like being human. I like making things that work. I serve my Court but I do not go in for Autumn's arcane gobbledegook and ominous prophecy. No offense to those present." Hammond said, a brief, teasing smile flashing across his face.

"Unfortunately, someone has forgotten to inform my subconscious of the fact." The Changeling continued. "Since I've started working here, I've been getting the same dream, every night, regular as clockwork. I'm walking through the Museum, or running, or hiding, and I know that something is stalking me... the night Colin disappeared, the dream was so vicious I woke screaming."
Quote:
"Not that I know of, and I resent the implications of that statement." Robert smiled for half a second. "Though I will admit that the budget is rather nice. Remind me to show you the Devourer I've made. I'm moderately proud of it."

There was a sound like a bell ringing in the back of Ilkin's mind. A low, hollow sound, like churchbells in the distance. The Sybil's Sight made note of Robert's statement, though important how or why was another question altogether.
Take a look at the Devourer and see what connections there are. Maybe there's something that can be discovered that way.

Quote:
There, a closed-circuit camera was panning slowly across the area. A rather advanced looking piece of machinery, as a matter of fact. "Don't worry, it's visual only. But first thing those two did was rig up a camera system in every room of the building. One of them's usually in the security office watching the tapes, the other's roaming around."