Old Aug 16 '10, 6:23am
Great Wyrm

Turning Tides: Adventures in the City on Water [3e]

Turning Tides - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Applications so far (See below for the game description):

The list so far:
Terra Firma. Player: Maceo. Last Edit Checked: Aug 18 '10 at 8:52pm. Status: Complete.
Great Grimaldi. Player: Eternal. Last Edit Checked: Aug 24 '10 at 3:59am. Status: Complete.
Elijah Austin. Player: Shazam. Last Edit Checked: Aug 18 '10 at 6:55pm. Status: Complete.
Archive. Player: Pundemic. Last Edit Checked: Aug 26 '10 at 7:15am. Status: Complete.
Ouroboros. Player: vingolf. Last Edit Checked: Aug 17 '10 at 9:10pm. Status: Complete.
Guardian. Player: Mick the Rogue. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 11:01pm. Status: Complete.
Patrick Sanders. Player: Kaitou Kage. Last Edit Checked: Aug 21 '10 at 11:46am. Status: Missing appearance.
Jasmine DeLuca. Player: Selene. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 3:53am. Status: Complete.
Meteorknight. Player: Hardwire. Last Edit Checked: Aug 21 '10 at 11:29am. Status: Complete.
Shadowthurge. Player: Drakos. Last Edit Checked: Aug 20 '10 at 1:26am. Status: Missing Lots of fluff.
Remix. Player: Mask_De_H. Last Edit Checked: Aug 22 '10 at 10:59am. Status: Missing Everything.
Matters of Fact. Player: Eldritch_Myrmidon. Last Edit Checked: Aug 22 '10 at 1:53pm. Status: Missing Background.
Blackout. Player: glacier. Last Edit Checked: Aug 25 '10 at 4:12pm. Status: Complete.

Please tell us if we're missing your app or if the one linked isn't the correct/last updated version. Also, if you edit the app itself (as opposed to just the sheet), please inform us so we can check it again.
I'd also appreciate if you keep your app in the same post. Makes it easier to locate later.

Game Description:

The City on WaterAt the point where three rivers meet and form a lake, there is a city which has seen better days. A bustling hub of commerce thanks to its fortunate location, it once had everything it needed to become one of the greatest cities in the world...but lost it at some point, replaced by something far more cynical, tired, and willing to turn an eye on what was wrong and needed to be righted. A grey funk descended over it as the men in power traded in their zeal and dedication to their duties for the cold comfort of cash, and those in charge of enforcing the law decided that helping break it was far more profitable. The men and women who were far too worried about surviving from one day to the next did not have time for such sordidness and violence, but even they were subtly affected by the decadence that settled into the area. Over time, the place they called their home sunk into darkness, a veil of apathy so thick it could almost be touched on a bad day. The city lost its name and with it its identity, and today no one remembers its former glories. Nothing has changed in years, and if people remain set on their current course, nothing ever will.

But the world has changed. It has seen times of darkness and times of joy, and it has never stood still. And soon, some of that sense of purpose will seep into this forsakened city once more. Soon, the time will come for the tides to turn...

Hello everyone, and welcome to the dark little underworld of the City on Water. Me and Illien, the instigator of this game, are looking for 4 or 5 players who wish to partake in a DC Adventures game, using the Third Edition Mutants and Masterminds rules. Below are some details about the game for those who wish to try their hand at bringing some hope to a town that has lost its aim.

That's all. The turning of the tides is in your hands now. Will the City on Water disappear into the mists of history permanently? Or will it finally become the grand place it should always have been?

-

Last edited by Azerian Kelimon; Aug 31 '10 at 8:27pm..
I am very, VERY interested. Little busy with university this week as it is the week before mid-term break but...it's the week before mid-term break, so I should have a bunch of time pretty soon. I'll try and get something up soon, at any rate; thinking of a Batman-type martial-artist/tech guy with no actual superpowers. However where Batman's an all-rounder, this guy's focus would be on being preposterously intelligent. Also his disposition would be practically the opposite of Batman's, i.e. sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illien View Post
While not explicitly stated on the rules, i'd allow hero point->extra effort. If this still proves too limited during game, something else could be worked out.
That would certainly lessen the impact of not being able to use EE at all.Definitely worth a consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illien View Post
There's the problem of lethality, even the darkier DC heroes tend to avoid doing so. I would also suggest device weapons or gun summoning.
Well, there's always Stun Ammo for nonlethal damage with guns. By device weapons, do you mean '
And again, I'm reminded of Kiritsugu's Contender...
special bullets' like actual Stunning ammunition or something? Not sure how gun summoning would work, care to elaborate?

ah, i meant device weapons or gun summoning as methods to get more freedom with gun damage/effects and avoid general equipment limitations.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first read of the new rules. I have an idea for a metal controller or an empathic healer/emotion controller. I'm also interested a hero that uses the growth effect. I'll likely come up with more or completely change my mind as I continue reading but I'll definitely throw a hero or two into the ring. Is there a deadline?

I'm interested, just one thing though, does the City in the Water have an actual name, I mean like is "Cleveland" or "Pittsburgh" or "Carlsbad"?

So, I'm new to the 3rd edition, but I would be interested in giving it a shot.

I'm thinking of going with a magic-based character who has an animated golem sidekick. What do you guys think?

Very viable, don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

@Shazam: Invoking my NDA with Ill here. Can't say. It does have nicknames, though...including any you can come up with if you're so inclined.

*~' M A S T E R S - o f - M A G I C '~*

Max Silviera