- The object is to create quality content for the World of Farland website, within four categories. The categories are: Adventures, Art, Literature, and Miscellaneous (anything not fitting into the other three categories).
- Submissions in each category will be judged by me and by two other judges picked from the M-W staff.
PRIZES (made possible in part by a generous donation from Myth-Weavers administrators and staff)
- The first place winner in each category will receive any Wizards of the Coast book of his or her choosing (from Amazon.com), shipped directly to him or her. The total value of the book must not exceed $30.00.
Receiving the book's value in cash is also an option.
- The second place winner in each category will receive a $10.00 cash prize, deposited directly to his or her paypal account.
- Once the contest is over, the first place winners from each category will be judged separately as to the over-all quality. The best cross-category submission will win the grand prize: a brand-new, shrink-wrapped, leather-bound 3rd edition Monster Manual. It's a collector's edition with at least a $75.00 value.
- All submissions become property of the World of Farland. Authors of any submissions published on the website will be given authorial credit.
- All submissions must be 100% original creations of the author.
- Ideas for submissions must be cleared with me. I suggest either PMing me or posting your idea in this thread before you begin work on it.
- All submissions must relate clearly to the World of Farland, including relevant, easily recognizable details about the world. They should not be "generic" D&D submissions.
- Submissions will be judged based on their quality and their originality. All decisions of judges are final.
- All submission ideas should be approved by October 1st.
- All submissions must be received by November 1st (this deadline may be extended with sufficient notice to contestants).
- Email all submissions as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can ask questions about the contest in this thread.