Brimstone's Trials

 
Brim activates the trigger, and sprints across the room. Despite his best speed, the ticking timer seems faster than he is. Brim slams into the door, but he can't hear the noise over the screaming violence of the room behind him.

He now stands in a 5-foot niche, with only a large wooden door in front, and a room of deadly metal behind. The door appears to be locked.

"INFERNAL BLAZES OF HELL!!" Visibly upset Brimstone turns around in place and shouts "DO I LOOK LIKE DAMN ROGUE!!?!? god damn $#(&^@#!@!^*((
Heavy cursing in ignan...
RUMBLE RUMBLE HISSS SHISSS SPROUT HISS RUMBLE!!!"


Brimstone takes a moment to compose himself... and
Strenght check:
Dice Roll:
1d20 1d20
d20 Results: 10
d20 Results: 15
tries the door a few times carefully doing the 'slamming' in the intervals when the metal death trap has passed...

If he hasn't broken down the door he will carefully pour the contents of his sole acid flask on the hinges or lock and
Strenght check:
Dice Roll:
1d20 1d20
d20 Results: 10
d20 Results: 2
tries again...

Brims rage seems to be all that is needed, and as he slams himself against the door for a second time, the door gives way as if wilting under his anger. Brim feels a sharp prick on the shoulder he had been using to slam with, and he stumbles into the space beyond only to collide with a stone wall.

DC 15 Fort save or take
Dice Roll: 2d2z
d2 Results: 1, 1 (Total = 2)
CHA damage (2)


Looking up, Brim sees that what he has collided with is not, in fact, a wall. It is a tall and thin man, coolly peering at you, despite your manner of entry. His grim visage reminds you of the undead, but his eyes are quite alive. He steps back to five himself room to bow, and you notice his fine attire, a man-servant, it seems. He steps back to allow you entrance, and the room opens up before you.

It is a palatial space, finely wallpapered with gilt trim and all the correct touches. A fireplace stands at one wall and sturdy windows, which look out over a garden far below, line the other walls. No other door is evident. There is a table at the center of the room of finely carved mahogany, and on it a scattering of chips and cards.

At the table are two men and a woman. All three are dressed in the latest fashion, and the most expensive clothes. One of the men is grotesquely obese, his dank black hair uncombed. The other man thin and sallow-faced, with pale hair to match his pale skin. The woman is simply stunning, her red hair piled atop her head, her bodice immodestly low.

[
Dice Roll: 1d20+1
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 2)
Fortitude Save]

Brim gets up and dusts himself taking the time to cast prestidigitation to freshen himself up removing sweat and fouls smells that might accompany him. Only after he turns to the table and does a slight bow when he approaches and slowly and evenly pronounces his name "Brimstone" and expects for them to give out their names or indication of what to do.

You are now even with Jin

The large man looks up as you step in, delight on his face, "Ah! Our fourth! Come, come, your seat awaits." He indicates the lone seat across from himself. The others look up and smile, waiting for you to take your place.

The woman laughs, "Don't you remember us Brim?" She mock-pouts, "I'm so hurt... I'm sure Hogar will set you straight."

"Oh hush Maurice," The large man waves her off, "its been so long since Brim played with us. Play nice."

As you peer at the table, you instantly recognize the game:
Think poker.
Alas, Cards are hard to do pbp. If you want to play, give a WIS/INT/CHA/Profession(gambling) check, along with a bid... once we get to that bit.
Golem

Brim thinks for a moment hmmh another test, very well then Brim takes a seat and glances around not afraid to glance twice at the redheaded woman, somehow she stirred strange emotions and urges in him, probably the red hair...

"Very well then I will play with you, but be warned that I usually play to win" Brims stoic face curls up with a smile, maybe this illusion will be the closest thing he will have for friends so... bah... why not?

"What are we betting?"

[
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 15
Perception]

The large man laughs, but it is the sallow-faced man who speaks now, his voice is dry and nasal, "Don't we all? ...for golds of course."

The woman smiles at Brim's attentions.

The woman has the most chips, the sallow-faced man the least. Your position has approximately as much as the large man's. A quick count reveals 500 gold-chips, in various denominations.

One of your cards has a message scribbled on it, which seems to fade as you read it. "Discover the cheater and inform the butler, or best all the odds."

Brim takes his cards and stares at his hand recalling the mechanics and starting to develop a strategy to win, as before he takes his time and
Dice Roll: 1d20+4
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 15)
plays carefully not rushing paying
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 10
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 10
Original Dice: 10
attention to any hint of deceit or tell tale of bluffing.

Reading human emotion is not his forte either... but nonetheless he knows it is a crucial part of the game so he
Sense Motive:
Dice Roll:
1d20
d20 Results: 13
tries to do so.

Brimstone motions to the butler to come near and as he speak to him he observes the attendees for any odd behavior, but Brim only asks for a glass of his best firewine.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status